CAR FEATURE>> MUSTANG RTR: UPDATE PG.3

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

laugh.gif
@ paying that type of money for a Mustang (you know it's going to be expensive).

Unless its a 67 Shelby GT500 I can't justify paying that type of money for a Stang.

Nice car though.
If you have a GT you can make it a RTR for less than $8k. It's not TOO bad considering a good set of wheels runs about $3-$4k. The RTR-C on the other hand probably wont be cheap. There are only 100 being made.
Like I said, paying nearly 40 grand for a MUSTANG? That I can't justify my dude, I'm sorry.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif
@ paying that type of money for a Mustang (you know it's going to be expensive).

Unless its a 67 Shelby GT500 I can't justify paying that type of money for a Stang.

Nice car though.
If you have a GT you can make it a RTR for less than $8k. It's not TOO bad considering a good set of wheels runs about $3-$4k. The RTR-C on the other hand probably wont be cheap. There are only 100 being made.
Like I said, paying nearly 40 grand for a MUSTANG? That I can't justify my dude, I'm sorry.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Name another car with Supercharged, Turbo or V8 with the same offerings forless....Power, Styling and reliability....yes RELIABILITY

This is why I might stick with FORD forever.....they are definitely moving in the right direction, now if they could just restyle the rear end of the SHO....I'd go lease one

moving in the right direction by making limited edition cars?

I see them moving in the right direction but not in the context you were trying to put them in.

sooooo............its still gonna do low 13s in the quarter mile?
eyes.gif

o well....looks sick nonetheless!
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Name I Koop

laugh.gif

Nice car though.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Name another car with Supercharged, Turbo or V8 with the same offerings for less....Power, Styling and reliability....yes RELIABILITY

STi, Evo, or you could build a Honda for less with more power.

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others. The Mustang is not the end all be all bro.
laugh.gif
Not by a long shot.

nice. i pushed the 2010 reg mustang on my last vacation...i like them. but i dont think i could ever buy a ford.

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

what is dry carbon?

for balla's......Its actually carbon that has been pressed into that shape. Most the carbon fiber pieces you see have a fiberglass frame and the carbon isput over it. Dry Carbon is 100% carbon fiber, and its lighter(because it doesn't have resin)..I could be wrong, but thats what i was told...

Angel

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

what is dry carbon?

for balla's......Its actually carbon that has been pressed into that shape. Most the carbon fiber pieces you see have a fiberglass frame and the carbon is put over it. Dry Carbon is 100% carbon fiber, and its lighter(because it doesn't have resin)..I could be wrong, but thats what i was told...

Angel

i see. the process for molding dry carbon sounds easier.

SEMA update:
IMG_9248.JPG

Ok this is my last SEMA car spotlight. I think Mike has a few more cars to showcase but this is the last entry for me. For this blogpost, I thought you might be interested to have a closer look at Vaughn Gittin JR's new toy: the Mustang RTR-C.

IMG_9247.JPG

The RTR-C stood out amongst all the various customized 2010 Mustangs on show at SEMA last week. Rather bolt on huge 20 inch wheels and ungainly wings, JR and the crew at ASD took it upon themselves the daunting task to completely reskin a donor Mustang chassis in carbon fiber.

The effect is quite stunning and served well to create interest in Vaughn Gittin Jr's new RTR brand.

IMG_9245.JPG

You can't really appreciate the detail work on the RTR-C until you examine the car up close and personal.

IMG_9251.JPG

It's when you stand next to the car that you can see the details of the carbon fiber weave and how the various panels have been lined up.

IMG_9292.JPG

I looked at the car with our own Andy Blackmore and he was well impressed with what he saw. As an ex-McLaren employee, he would be one to judge!

IMG_9295.JPG

The two piece HRE wheels marry an alloy center section with a carbon fiber rim.

IMG_9299.JPG

Check out the custom RTR brake calipers.

IMG_9244.JPG

I'm eager to sample a new 2010 Mustang as I'm curious just how much the quality of the interior has been upgraded. Looks pretty good from here.

IMG_9294.JPG

JR is pretty excited by how things are going from him. Yes he's a well established professional drifter, but the launch of the RTR brand means that a new chapter in his automotive career is about to begin.

rtr2.jpg

We'll need to look at the car in more detail soon, but for now I want to congratulate JR on the creation of the RTR brand and this aggressive but understated machine.

rtr1.jpg

More soon! Perhaps we should get Linhbergh together with this car to see what he can come up with!

:R

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom