Can we please come to a consensus that Andre 3000 is very over rated?

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

only on NT do i see 3 stacks called the GOAT.  dudes are delusional.

8bf156e4b73b94fbf8d7838eef4e417cfa1068b.jpeg

Most of the "intellectual" south says this, because he plays games.

dude drops a featuring spot every 6 months, makes some circus music that no one wants to hear, so who is going to even say they're wrong? 
laugh.gif

now that I got all my hate out the way,

I won't say he's overrated, I'll just say whatever the hell he's doing/going for isn't my taste.

he could be the best lyricist... I'm still not trying to listen to him sing about roses.

This thread is classically ridiculous. When did having a solo album become the mark of being ranked as an MC. Dude is still spitting incredible lyrics whether he's next to Big Boi or not. And to say his verses as of late are struggle bars is absurd. His verse on Drakes album is better than anything Wayne has said in his whole career and people prop that guy up more than he ever should be. Solo album or not he's an incredible MC and far from overrated.

I think it's funny that he sang and rapped about females for a whole album and got crucified for it and Drake does it for a whole career and the slurping never stops. But hey it's a new era, I guess Andre didn't cry enough on record to be considered a top rate MC. To me he's not GOAT but he's definitely up there in my rankings of MCs. 

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

8bf156e4b73b94fbf8d7838eef4e417cfa1068b.jpeg

dude drops a featuring spot every 6 months, makes some circus music that no one wants to hear, so who is going to even say they're wrong? 
laugh.gif

I won't say he's overrated, I'll just say whatever the hell he's doing/going for isn't my taste.

he could be the best lyricist... I'm still not trying to listen to him sing about roses.
eh, not rele sure what your point is in this post...

i'll just leave this here.

<>

laugh.gif

your taste sucks *%+%%..as does anybody elses who thinks like that...The Love Below is pure rock and roll, real lyricism, instrumentation, and songwriting..go listen to G-Unit or something...don't expect Hip Hop to be stuck in the box your stuck in. He is called 3000 for a reason, a lot of you slow **#+%* simply don't get it.

not everybody wants to hear the same uncreative, macho-chauvinistic gangster *@@@ all the time...we're real people down here still.

The way I judge an MC is pretty easy.....do i want to listen to them?
He has enough work out there that i have come to the realization that I really like the music he makes.  Stankonia to me is a classic album.
Over-rated? not at all.  The only frustration i have is he hasn't put anything out of substance recently.  Why does that make me angry? because i enjoy listening to what the man has to say.

That being said...he is in my top 10 all time.  Maybe i am too much of a stan....but i really liked his verse on Take Care
ohwell.gif
and i like him in that Jeezy song that is out now.  Dueces was underwhelming lol at seashells by the seashore. 

Originally Posted by jc619er

This thread is classically ridiculous. When did having a solo album become the mark of being ranked as an MC. Dude is still spitting incredible lyrics whether he's next to Big Boi or not. And to say his verses as of late are struggle bars is absurd. His verse on Drakes album is better than anything Wayne has said in his whole career and people prop that guy up more than he ever should be. Solo album or not he's an incredible MC and far from overrated.

I think it's funny that he sang and rapped about females for a whole album and got crucified for it and Drake does it for a whole career and the slurping never stops. But hey it's a new era, I guess Andre didn't cry enough on record to be considered a top rate MC. To me he's not GOAT but he's definitely up there in my rankings of MCs. 

qft

OP started listening with Deuces remix & nvr hrd an outkast album besides maybe speakerboxx love below. Bless his Heart

30t6p3b.gif

Really? Overrated?? His music is still thought provoking and relevant. Maybe you should go listen to his work a little bit more and let it sink in.

Who else was doing what he did in the south when he originally did it?

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

laugh.gif

your taste sucks *%+%%..as does anybody elses who thinks like that...The Love Below is pure rock and roll, real lyricism, instrumentation, and songwriting..go listen to G-Unit or something...don't expect Hip Hop to be stuck in the box your stuck in. He is called 3000 for a reason, a lot of you slow **#+%* simply don't get it.

not everybody wants to hear the same uncreative, macho-chauvinistic gangster *@@@ all the time...we're real people down here still.
no, everyone agrees that it's hard to judge someone as a rapper, (That's more than 50% of this thread
eyes.gif
)
when they're doing everything but rapping lately.

Overrated? noo sir
I've just never understood why people bring up Big Boi as away of discrediting Dre like big isnt one of the nicest EVER
Dre does need a solo RAP album before I'd throw him in the GOAT covo but dudes credentials are more than solid he's a legend solo or not

Originally Posted by jc619er

As far as the solo album, I think it's cause he doesn't actually have a solo rap album to base anything off of, regardless of the great verses he has had on Outkast/DF
albums. He's one of my faves, but when people say he's one of the greatest rappers ever, then point to The Love Below as a benchmark, that pretty much throws people

for a loop.

With Drake, it probably really is a new era. People have called Take Care a classic (lol), but what exactly type of classic would people be classifying it as? Cause you 

definitely couldn't say it's a classic rap album.

To conclude, Andre may not be the GOAT, or drop solo albums but he is a COMPLETE ARTIST, very few in the game are.

Back
Top Bottom