Can we change the world without money?

I feel like everyone wants to make some kind of positive change in the world today, but a lot of us hold back because we don't have money to do so... are there any ways you can help others out and make people better without having a lot of money?

I remember a lot of dudes on here were saying that they were powerless to make changes in the world, cause they were voiceless, and in society today your power and voice is determined by the money you control. So for the average man who wants to contribute to the world right away, without waiting decades after studies and careers to build up enough finances, what are some simple yet powerful ways you can move people?

It seems like most of the people you try and change need to see the change for themselves... words aren't enough. I remember when I took classes for a month in the city last summer, there was this homeless dude outside the campus. I bought him food every day for the summer, just some cheap stuff, a couple bucks, and talked to him about getting a job and getting off the streets... saw him one year later a couple weeks ago, he works in a Dunkin Donuts now. It made me feel happy, but what if you want to help more than one person? How do you motivate and empower masses of people so they can live better and be successful?

I'm broke but I'm trying to make a difference...

I feel like everyone wants to make some kind of positive change in the world today, but a lot of us hold back because we don't have money to do so... are there any ways you can help others out and make people better without having a lot of money?

I remember a lot of dudes on here were saying that they were powerless to make changes in the world, cause they were voiceless, and in society today your power and voice is determined by the money you control. So for the average man who wants to contribute to the world right away, without waiting decades after studies and careers to build up enough finances, what are some simple yet powerful ways you can move people?

It seems like most of the people you try and change need to see the change for themselves... words aren't enough. I remember when I took classes for a month in the city last summer, there was this homeless dude outside the campus. I bought him food every day for the summer, just some cheap stuff, a couple bucks, and talked to him about getting a job and getting off the streets... saw him one year later a couple weeks ago, he works in a Dunkin Donuts now. It made me feel happy, but what if you want to help more than one person? How do you motivate and empower masses of people so they can live better and be successful?

I'm broke but I'm trying to make a difference...

Money or no money most people are genuinely selfish. They're just trying to look out for their best interest.
Even people with money, when they donate to charity, they do it for tax write-offs.
Obviously not everyone is like this but at the end of the day we're just looking out for ourselves

Money or no money most people are genuinely selfish. They're just trying to look out for their best interest.
Even people with money, when they donate to charity, they do it for tax write-offs.
Obviously not everyone is like this but at the end of the day we're just looking out for ourselves

That could be true for some people, but what if you really do want to make a difference? I'm not wondering why others don't do it, but I'm trying to see if anyone can do it, regardless of status or financial security.

What are some things you can do?

That could be true for some people, but what if you really do want to make a difference? I'm not wondering why others don't do it, but I'm trying to see if anyone can do it, regardless of status or financial security.

What are some things you can do?

Plenty of ways to change the world. But you first have to look at how you view the word change. Many view it as having laws CHANGED, adding/removing new rules to institutions.

Those aren't the only ways you can change the world. Change the world by helping out at the local nursery home or soup kitchen (outside of a Holiday). Allow others to see what you are doing and thus mimic what you are doing. There, you have changed the mindset of someone that fast. That was easy right.

How much $ did that cost? None.

Change isn't just on a global, national, state, city level.

And because it doesn't get press, doesn't mean it is insignificant change either.

Plenty of ways to change the world. But you first have to look at how you view the word change. Many view it as having laws CHANGED, adding/removing new rules to institutions.

Those aren't the only ways you can change the world. Change the world by helping out at the local nursery home or soup kitchen (outside of a Holiday). Allow others to see what you are doing and thus mimic what you are doing. There, you have changed the mindset of someone that fast. That was easy right.

How much $ did that cost? None.

Change isn't just on a global, national, state, city level.

And because it doesn't get press, doesn't mean it is insignificant change either.

I open doors for people, say please and thank you, and generally try and be positive. I'm not changing the world by any means but if one person notices and they try to imitate that positive behavior then I've made some change right?

I open doors for people, say please and thank you, and generally try and be positive. I'm not changing the world by any means but if one person notices and they try to imitate that positive behavior then I've made some change right?

Most people who have made significant changes in the world had little money to their name.  Mother Teresa, Gandhi, MLK Jr, etc.  All used their own life and time to make changes to the world that will last forever.  The ironic part is the more of yourself you give (time and money) the more you're likely to get back in return.

Most people who have made significant changes in the world had little money to their name.  Mother Teresa, Gandhi, MLK Jr, etc.  All used their own life and time to make changes to the world that will last forever.  The ironic part is the more of yourself you give (time and money) the more you're likely to get back in return.

Yes.
With Music

Books

Teachings

Lifestyles

etc...

Money just works faster..

Yes.
With Music

Books

Teachings

Lifestyles

etc...

Money just works faster..

The idea of even having to comprehend that money is needed to change the world is already a false one. Money isn't the problem the problem is Racism, Nationalism, Profiteering, and geographic boundaries. Noone thinks of the human race as a whole but as nationalities, ethnicities, and races. Even among that of social background (upper, middle, lower class in the economic sense). This philosophical thinker named Jiddu Krishnamurti has some ideas that are worth taking into account, and has been trying to spread his ideas since the early 1900's until his death in 1986. Listen to his lectures that I post (they might be alittle long but they are a good listen) and tell me just how different these thoughts are on changing the world as we know it.

The idea of even having to comprehend that money is needed to change the world is already a false one. Money isn't the problem the problem is Racism, Nationalism, Profiteering, and geographic boundaries. Noone thinks of the human race as a whole but as nationalities, ethnicities, and races. Even among that of social background (upper, middle, lower class in the economic sense). This philosophical thinker named Jiddu Krishnamurti has some ideas that are worth taking into account, and has been trying to spread his ideas since the early 1900's until his death in 1986. Listen to his lectures that I post (they might be alittle long but they are a good listen) and tell me just how different these thoughts are on changing the world as we know it.

Back
Top Bottom