Can one of you dressing better famb help me out

White shirt red power tie, belt that matches your shoes. A tie bar would be good too if you have one.

Last edited:
my backup shirt is a white linen dress shirt with white stripes

guess ill switch up the shirt cause nobody is feeling the black

ill consider the tiebar

also i have no vision problems but do have these glasses in non prescription

should i wear em or just go natural

my backup shirt is a white linen dress shirt with white stripes

guess ill switch up the shirt cause nobody is feeling the black

ill consider the tiebar

also i have no vision problems but do have these glasses in non prescription

should i wear em or just go natural
You have to be trolling right now. 

nah believe it or not being 100% srs you can either help me out or take the sodium elsewhere this thread only has room for good vibes word to marky mark

i figure if im going all out and rocking the suit and all and since i have a pair of glasses to add to my appearance if it is better or worse to wear em as well

nah believe it or not being 100% srs you can either help me out or take the sodium elsewhere this thread only has room for good vibes word to marky mark

i figure if im going all out and rocking the suit and all and since i have a pair of glasses to add to my appearance if it is better or worse to wear em as well
Are they those exact glasses....

uhhhh that dark shirt and navy suit look awkward together, notice zefron is at a formal event

...go with a white or light blue shirt as already mentioned by the masses in this thread...

...you can get a white or light blue shirt for like $20 from macys, nordy rack, filenes, pennies, sears.

shoes should match belt...so dark brown shoes = dark brown belt, black shoes = black belt...

...skip the glasses, go clean shaven

people been keep saying this bruh and best of luck with interview

Last edited:
air-jordan-grape-v-prom-suit.jpg

Since you didn't end up paying any money for the suit, buy a nice shirt/tie combo (not one of the shirt/tie packages at department stores). Make sure your tie isn't looking sloppy either. If you look good, you feel good. Listen to all the advice in this thread and just remember NT cares. You're gonna nail it, kid.

the glasses are the same raybans with regular glass no prescription but i guess ill go natural

really do appreciate all the tips and knowledge for the future

so i guess ill rock with the white linen striped shirt or do you guys think i should just cop a crisp plain white one and tailor it?

i have plenty of ties so i will choose the most appropriate one that goes with the fit

also for the shoes the ones i am rocking match the suit and are  kind of a shiny navy blue so its kind of hard to find a matching belt would a black belt be tacky?

and can i get a group vote on the tie bar

again thanks for everything to those who have been trying to offer their insights and tips

edit: also should i wear some cologne? (something subtle nothing too strong or overpowering)

Last edited:
You're losing people with your responses, dude :lol:

Who cares about the glasses? Just go to the interview and change that dress shirt.

Get any tie you like and prep for the interview.

BTW--You're focusing on all the wrong things. Instead of worrying about how you look, you should be worrying about what to say during the interview and prepping for the questions.

Poor guy is going to go in there dressed exactly how he's been told (hopefully good) and will bomb the interview because he was too worried about what to wear vs. what to say :nerd:

You're losing people with your responses, dude
laugh.gif

Who cares about the glasses? Just go to the interview and change that dress shirt.

Get any tie you like and prep for the interview.

BTW--You're focusing on all the wrong things. Instead of worrying about how you look, you should be worrying about what to say during the interview and prepping for the questions.
exactly what i was gonna say... You're gonna show up to your interview looking your very best, but can't answer what sets you apart from other sales associates.  Why you want to work at wherever you're applying?  What you wish to accomplish working with said company.  Without much prior experience, (i'm assuming) why should they hire you?  What do you like about working retail?  What don't you like..?  

"tell me about yourself."  What would you say in response?

the job im at now told me when they were interviewing for the job some of the people showed up with their moms :rofl: This was for a job at UCI medical school
i sort of agree with the generation lost statement and im in the generation (21 y/o)

Nah, you're just around people who aren't with it. There will always be bums in every generation (not calling you a bum OP), and even some of those bums will find their way later on in life. Every generation says the same **** and everything ends up being fine.

the glasses are the same raybans with regular glass no prescription but i guess ill go natural

really do appreciate all the tips and knowledge for the future

so i guess ill rock with the white linen striped shirt or do you guys think i should just cop a crisp plain white one and tailor it?

i have plenty of ties so i will choose the most appropriate one that goes with the fit

also for the shoes the ones i am rocking match the suit and are  kind of a shiny navy blue so its kind of hard to find a matching belt would a black belt be tacky?

and can i get a group vote on the tie bar

again thanks for everything to those who have been trying to offer their insights and tips

edit: also should i wear some cologne? (something subtle nothing too strong or overpowering)
don't wear the glasses just go natural 

go with a plain white shirt. you can cop a plain white dress shirt at any department store for 20 or 25 bucks then get it tailored. people won't be able to tell the difference between that and an 100 dollar shirt.

you should wear black shoes and a black belt, too much blue and you'll look like pimp smurf

wear cologne but ONLY spray it exactly once or twice. 

OP, stop trying to look like you're doing a photoshoot for some dumb *** magazine and start thinking "I need a job and need to come off as well dressed but not trying too damn hard to look like I'm in a photoshoot for some dumb *** magazine."

Conservative is the best approach for an interview my dude. They're not looking for a CEO to come and rock the foundation of the company, they're looking for someone to fill an entry level job. Dress the part.

And goddammit get off of NT and prepare for the interview. Do some research on questions and practice your responses.

Last edited:
OP, you can switch out those non-prescription glasses you have for these ones...

That way it'd seem like you won't miss a beat and you can come off as someone really attentive and alert. A quality trait for a SA position. 

Conservative is the best approach for an interview my dude. They're not looking for a CEO to come and rock the foundation of the company, they're looking for someone to fill an entry level job. Dress the part.
Nothing more need be said.  OP, you've got great advice in this thread, so stop asking questions and just follow them...

So, that means your going to the grammys and not an interview? We've been trolled. OP is a troll. Lock the thread.
lol NT stays killing me

people suggested a navy suit so i went the darker route got the navy suit and happened to have a perfectly fitting black dress shirt
and because i have an LV belt i am required to spend a fortune on a suit? just an FYI i didnt purchase the belt it was a grad gift
also i ended up just borrowing a suit which happened to fit me perfectly and it is navy and i also got matching shoes

so pretty much one of my friends loaned me one of his best suits made in italy, tailored etc, unfortunatly the dress shirt to go along with it didn't fit me so i just chose a black one

so i got the suit and dress shoes i just need advice now on the best shirt/tie combo and belt

I told you to get a white shirt with either a blue or red tie. Read my initial post.

Edit: I lost reps? How? :frown: My life is over.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom