Can I have a racial discussion with you guys? My wealthy hometown is being devestated by thugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk08

Banned
I was just at the mall last weekend and I personally witnessed 3 "grab and goes" where people grab an expensive item and just book for the door and there was also a fight. The arrested were African American youth and all from Detroit or Southfield which is like 15 minutes south. This is one of the most exclusive "tony" malls in the midwest with a Louis, Gucci, Burberry, Tiffany, Saks, Neiman stores. One of the items stolen was a $45,000(!!!) watch. My Mom's friends won't even go there anymore on the weekends because it's getting so out of hand. Further, there are three bars in town that are having issues with violence and one had to shut down because of two separate incidents involving gunfire.
indifferent.gif
Those arrested are never from the town, or any of the affluent neighboring cities. This is literally one of the safest and most affluent towns in America.

Is there anything my hometown can do? I say this is a racial discussion because the perps are usually African Americans from or around Detroit. I know Detroit has a lot of problems but damn, now that crime is literally choosing to drive to our doorstep and cause problems here. Like to drive to that specific mall the perps pass like 3 or 4 malls. And to come out to those bars they're driving at least 20 minutes from home. Why?

Cliff notes:

Criminals from Detroit are ruining a high-end mall in suburban Detroit. Why are they coming here instead of the malls they pass on the way? Is there any way to prevent this?

Criminals from Detroit are ruining the downtown district in my extremely affluent hometown. Why are they driving 20 minutes to party here when there are plenty of spots far closer to where they actually live? Is there any way to prevent this?

Last edited:
So its a racial discussion because the perps are from Detroit, and perps from Detroit are black.

This will end extremely well.

So its a racial discussion because the perps are from Detroit, and perps from Detroit are black.
This will end extremely well.
Perps are perps. These perps that I'm referring to happen to be African American and from neighboring Detroit. No need to dance around the racial aspect of this, I could have just said people from Detroit and then everyone would call me bigot or something silly because the D is 85% African American so everyone would know I am talking about certain racial group.

Last edited:
Perps are perps. These perps that I'm referring to happen to be African American and from neighboring Detroit.
So then you're talking about "PERPS", not African Americans.

If they were all white Cheddar Bobs from the the 313 coming and causing trouble then this discussion wouldn't be racial, would it?

If they were all white Cheddar Bobs from the the 313 coming and causing trouble then this discussion wouldn't be racial, would it?
My concerns would be no more or less valid.

I mentioned African Americans because of the racial makeup of Detroit, instead of dancing around the racial makeup, and before somebody said "Oh so your issue is with BLACK PEOPLE." I disclosed that yes, these perps are generally African American. My issue is with criminals. Why are they driving to my town and causing problems?

how do you know what area they came from?
the arrest reports

edit: and the escape routes for the grab and goes were like "vehicle seen fleeing mall parking lot, headed onto I75 southbound onramp" (I75 from that mall runs straight into Detroit)

Last edited:

Crime really doesnt have racial boundaries. No matter the race, people commit crime. You happen to see some African Americans commit a crime, doesnt mean that every crime in your area is committed by an African American. So the discussion you should be having instead is why is there so much crime in the area? What has changed in the area? Get down to the root cause of why the crime rate is rising in your area, instead of pointing a finger at a group of people.

How did they steal a $,45,000 watch? I been in all those stores you spke of and those things are locked behind a jewelry case

If these ''perps'' are young black youth as you say, I doubt the sales associate just handed them a 45k watch all willy nilly

stop lying on the black man

Last edited:
I was just at the mall last weekend and I personally witnessed 3 "grab and goes" where people grab an expensive item and just book for the door and there was also a fight. The arrested were African American youth and all from Detroit or Southfield which is like 10 minutes south. This is one of the most exclusive "tony" malls in the midwest with a Louis, Gucci, Burberry, Tiffany, Saks, Neiman stores. One of the items stolen was a $45,000(!!!) watch. My Mom's friends won't even go there anymore on the weekends because it's getting so out of hand. Further, there are three bars in town that are having issues with violence and one had to shut down because of two separate incidents involving gunfire. :stoneface: Those arrested are never from the town, or any of the affluent neighboring cities. This is literally one of the safest and most affluent towns in America.

Is there anything my hometown can do? I say this is a racial discussion because the perps are usually African Americans from or around the nearest city. I know Detroit has a lot of problems but damn, now that crime is literally choosing to drive to our doorstep and cause problems here. Like to drive to that specific mall the perps pass like 3 or 4 malls. And to come out to those bars they're driving at least 20 minutes from home. Why?

It's telling how this becomes an "issue" when as you put it, "crime is literally choosing to drive to [your] doorstep...." Was crime, as it relates to the thread, a concern of yours when it was mainly an inner-city problem? Fact is, you're just as much responsible for the upsurge in criminality, within your neighborhood, as these so called thugs. You can thank your former passivity. The same goes for your "wealthy" neighbors as well.

And lastly, this is NOT a racial issue. Don't deceive yourself.

Last edited:
Crime really doesnt have racial boundaries. No matter the race, people commit crime. You happen to see some African Americans commit a crime, doesnt mean that every crime in your area is committed by an African American. So the discussion you should be having instead is why is there so much crime in the area? What has changed in the area? Get down to the root cause of why the crime rate is rising in your area, instead of pointing a finger at a group of people.
I'm asking you guys why people from Detroit are literally driving to my doorstep to commit crimes. I don't know. Seems like it would be more efficient to commit the crimes where you actually live. It's not like those arrested live in this town. People that have a million dollar crib aren't stealing Tru religion jeans or firing Glocks into crowds.

How did they steal a $,45,000 watch? I been in all those stores you spke of and those things are locked behind a jewelry case
If these ''perps'' are young black youth as you say, I doubt the sales associate just handed them a 45k watch all willy nilly
stop lying on the black man
Oh, OK:

http://www.freep.com/article/201207...ice-cartier-somerset-collection-theft-larceny
A thief made off with a $45,400 Cartier watch from Saks Fifth Avenue in the Somerset Collection, Troy police said today.

It was the second theft of an expensive Cartier accessory from the Troy mall, off West Big Beaver, in the last week.

The watch theft occurred just after 7 p.m. last Tuesday when a Saks employee was showing the watch to a man, police said. The man grabbed the watch out of the employee’s hand and ran from the store.

The thief was described as black, in his teens to early 20s, 5 feet, 6 inches tall, 140 pounds and had a short crew cut. He was wearing a black short-sleeved polo shirt, dark blue jeans and dark tennis shoes.
http://troy.patch.com/articles/troy-police-arrest-somerset-collection-armed-robbery-suspect
Troy Police have arrested and charged one of two men in an armed robbery at The Somerset Collection over Memorial Day weekend.

The incident occurred at 5:23 p.m. Sunday when Robertson and another suspect allegedly robbed a male and female shopper at gunpoint as they were leaving the True Religion  store, according to a Troy Police media release.

Kereim Jwron Robertson, 18, of Detroit was arrested and charged Tuesday with two counts of armed robbery and one count each of felony firearm, possession of a firearm in commission of a felony and resisting and obstructing a police officer. He was arraigned in 52-4 District Court by Judge Bolle; his bond was set at $1 million cash surety.

In 10 years when this white underclass really starts to explode , threads like this will be more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom