Calling all RICH and WEALTHY members. Let's discuss wealth.

Every great business man I've know, or have read about, has had one thing in common.

Vision.

That is all.

Originally Posted by big mike 13

80k a year as a CHAMPS retail store manager? i dont believe it.

I live in elmira, champs and finishline is the only sneakers store out here, we make a lot of money since were the only 2 legitimately sneakers store. Commission sales also add up.

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Hey, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. And pretty soon, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Had me rolling at work....
laugh.gif

curlswag.gif

Curbyourenthusiasm wrote:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not a single one of you will be millionaires, not a single one.

One thing is to hang around rich people. I started doing better for myself when I stopped hangin with my knucklehead friends. They say your net worth is about the income of your 5 best friends averaged....

Originally Posted by ksteezy

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Challenge accepted.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

This is already false.

Originally Posted by maldonado

Originally Posted by LosPollosHermanos

You need to work hard, and save money....

Gus - thought you died, *%%%%?
^
roll.gif
  I peeped your response and just looked at the name, I didn't look at it when I read his post. That being said, this is the wrong place to ask the question OP. Easy to lie about it, but that being said Wealth, particularly "old money" is passed down through generations. To have access to that money, you had to have a white grandfather who was willing to steal and screw people out of opportunity. Sweet baby Jesus, we made it in Americaaaaaa

How much do you need to make to be considered "rich" or "wealthy".

Both are subjective values.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Rich and wealthy are different definitions from person to person. To me being rich and wealthy means I have no debt. My bills are paid, I have money in my savings account, and I have the ability to go buy what I want when I want. I think this definition of being rich and wealthy is a lot better. There are many "rich" people who owe tons of money and are barely hanging on. Look at some of these rappers, athletes to me they arent wealthy, because many of them owe a lot of people money. 

Well, put it like this... I'm talking about people who never have to worry about if they're going to be able to make it or not. People who dont have to work if they dont want to. Multi millionaires. Ones that are no longer a slave to the clock.

I think you are talking about people that have inherited "old money" or have worked hard for a good while to make the amount that is needed to live that type of lifestyle. Most of these people have basically all or most of their money in good investments that get them paid either through the stock market or businesses that run themselves where they don't have to poke their nose in too often. 
You could make a good product, or business and sell it to make millions like Mark Cuban.

There are no wealthy people on NT.

Some language so I don't want to imbed
Spoiler [+]

*Dead* @ asking how to be rich and also not work a 9-5 or have a college degree.  So you wanna chill and be a bum but still have money? Seems feasible.

I live in NYC and went to private school and grew up around tons of kids who were very wealthy.  You get wealthy by working your ##! off, simple as that.  #*$@ a 9 to 5, you get rich by working and 8-12, going home sleeping for 6 hours and repeating the same thing every damn day, 6 days of the week.  This is the problem with America, no one wants to actually work hard anymore.

All the obvious things like saving money, spending within your means, and planning for the future can all lead to a very nice lifestyle with a slightly above average income. However, to obtain true wealth in the sense you're speaking, you need to own income producing assets and then leverage that income to obtain more assets.

I'm not going to front like I'm a millionaire, but I have a few close relative who are. Their key to success was establishing a small business, growing it to a mid-sized operation, and then selling it. But just to go from a small operation to something valued around $25-50M takes so much dedication and sacrifice. After seeing some of the things they went through, I don't know if I could or would do it. Not only that, but during and after, they invested in other assets of which are primarily real estate. I have an uncle now who has a dozen or so properties that are all paid off so aside from routine maintenance and paying some of his employees (property managers, accountants, etc), it's all profit.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Hey, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. And pretty soon, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Had me rolling at work....
laugh.gif

curlswag.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My chick just called me after getting out of class, and some dude in her class won 50,000 of a scratch off. Im mad jelly right now, just give me 20,000 and ill keep my life the same and build that %#*%.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

*Dead* @ asking how to be rich and also not work a 9-5 or have a college degree.  So you wanna chill and be a bum but still have money? Seems feasible.

I live in NYC and went to private school and grew up around tons of kids who were very wealthy.  You get wealthy by working your ##! off, simple as that.  #*$@ a 9 to 5, you get rich by working and 8-12, going home sleeping for 6 hours and repeating the same thing every damn day, 6 days of the week.  This is the problem with America, no one wants to actually work hard anymore.
QFT.
If you're working a 9-5 DO NOT plan on being rich/wealthy. You can be well-off, but if you want to make multiple millions of dollars

you're going to be working longer and harder than anyone else. 

What percentage am I in when I want to expand my practice to another location, but I'm reluctant because if I hire the staff I need, I'm slammed with the taxes for adding someone to payroll i.e. SS and Medicare, and around $200 per paycheck per employee for Unemployment? I need about 10 employees, 2 front desk, 2 medical billers, 2 medical assistants, 1 Xray tech, and 1 Nurse Practitioner.

NT used to be filled with hustlers, I don't know where they all went. Topics similar to this one come up pretty often these days.

Back
Top Bottom