Calling all RICH and WEALTHY members. Let's discuss wealth.

Went to law school, graduated in the top of my class, worked at a no-joke firm until 2am regularly (including weekends) and ended up having one of the firm's clients ask me to leave and work for them directly.

I am certainly not wealthy, and I don't think I'm rich, but most of you likely would since I am guaranteed $500 a year and ended up making a little over $1mm this year (50% of which was taxed at cap gains rates).

You ain't making real money unless you are guaranteed at least $1mm a year if you live in NY.

When i think about wealthy, i think banks. The family that started chase, well fargo, etc.... hedge fund managers, people that own our movie studios disney, henry fords family, the father of walmart who pasted his empire down to his children, rothchilds. None of us will ever reach that type of money unless we inherit it. Or we happen to pioneer something the that dramatically advances the next age of human existence "Bill Gates"< and hes giving half his money away and leaving his kids with a few billion. Most of us will either be Dead soon or later, poor, vegetables, low lifes, middle class, rich. That's why most of us hold on to the fact we have a corrupt but partially stable society, most of us just need basic needs love and family to love and receive love from. People making 6 to 7 figures hate life, while your pops in making 60,000 loving what he has. Wealth comes in many different forums.

Not wealthy, but my pops went from living in a village to having a very good salary through education. Got his PhD when I was 8 and life has been good since.
pimp.gif
Hopefully I can do something similar

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Originally Posted by big mike 13

80k a year as a CHAMPS retail store manager? i dont believe it.

I live in elmira, champs and finishline is the only sneakers store out here, we make a lot of money since were the only 2 legitimately sneakers store. Commission sales also add up.

i dunno fambs....

not saying you're lying or anything...

but i know in that company, managers dont get commission... i was in it for 4 years...

also, unless you started within the last couple years, you didnt start at 7/hr plus commision... that's more than what min wage was...

and 5% of commission sales...  if you sell 10K a week, which is required for an ASSISTANT MANAGER at a medium to large store...

store managers were required 5K...

that would equal  in 13K commission sales... not including the bump in the months of august and december...

at 37.5... that's 87K a year...

so you raking in 110K/year as a store manager for champs? that's up there PAST district managers, and up w/ regional managers...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Went to law school, graduated in the top of my class, worked at a no-joke firm until 2am regularly (including weekends) and ended up having one of the firm's clients ask me to leave and work for them directly.

I am certainly not wealthy, and I don't think I'm rich, but most of you likely would since I am guaranteed $500 a year and ended up making a little over $1mm this year (50% of which was taxed at cap gains rates).

You ain't making real money unless you are guaranteed at least $1mm a year if you live in NY.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this is called success, fambs....

People I work with make 100k+ a year with OT... I could do it, but I'm lazy as hell and I don't want to be at work for 12-16 hours a day... Straight 8, and I'm out
laugh.gif

....Im still young and naive, I'll learn one day

time>money.
Hov is successful..can't take that away from him but I know I don't want to work 100 hrs a week to make that big dough.

I work 7 hrs. get summers, spring break and winter recess off and live a comfortable lifestyle. To me..I'm successful. 

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

People I work with make 100k+ a year with OT... I could do it, but I'm lazy as hell and I don't want to be at work for 12-16 hours a day... Straight 8, and I'm out 
laugh.gif

I just turned 31 and I'm still lazy. Don't want to take administrative courses, don't want no promotion. Leave me in my little world..I'm happy with money I make working 8 months a year
laugh.gif

Stay at a job for years, eventually you'll become manager. I work at champs sports for 3 yrs, first yr i was an associate making $7 bucks an hr, following year I become asst manager, making $15, now I'm full manager making $37.75 an hour plus 5% commission. Hard work at a crappy job really pays off trust me. I don't want to say I'm wealthy but I make a very good living. My dad told me this is america, if you want something go get it. That's exactly what I did and I've lived by it.

what the... how do you make that much an hour.

ive heard dudes who are managers at mcdonalds dont make jack.

im mirin brah

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

I'm applying at Champs RIGHT NOW

man.. I use to work at Footlocker back in highschool (04-05') so I know managers aren't balling like that.. however, depending on the store it's feasible.

but like some others have mentioned the district mangers pull more money.. essentially for doing very little. 
OP, time to get on these ideas. 

But you could easily make at least half of that down south, and be balling out of control.

Don't know why these NY cats that's really doing it stay in NY. $800K 2bd condos in Manhattan are not the biz.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

But you could easily make at least half of that down south, and be balling out of control.

Don't know why these NY cats that's really doing it stay in NY. $800K 2bd condos in Manhattan are not the biz.

Or live in Jersey/LI and make the commute...

HOVKid wrote:

Because it's NY. Nothing in the world like it. Nothing.

I'll tell you one thing, there really ins't a specific formula. I'd say my dad is well off. He doesn't work at all, but still makes good money. I also know people who were basically on the brink of bankruptcy 2 years ago, and are now making 800k a month just from 1 contract. You just have to take risks and not be scared about possibly losing money. Even if you fail 10 times, that 1 time you do succeed could possibly set you off for life.

Not rich or wealthy, however im postioning myself to be comfortable in the future. Im a E-6 in the united states Air Force been in 8 years and going to school while Im serving(Air force paying %100 of my tuition)
If everything works out I will retire at 38 years old with a decent degree then be able to invest and take chances with my money knowing I can fall back on my military retirement check.

Congrats to HOVKID
pimp.gif
 Never knew it was like that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by big mike 13

80k a year as a CHAMPS retail store manager? i dont believe it.

I live in elmira, champs and finishline is the only sneakers store out here, we make a lot of money since were the only 2 legitimately sneakers store. Commission sales also add up.

i dunno fambs....

but i know in that company, managers dont get commission... i was in it for 4 years...

also, unless you started within the last couple years, you didnt start at 7/hr plus commision... that's more than what min wage was...

and 5% of commission sales...  if you sell 10K a week, which is required for an ASSISTANT MANAGER at a medium to large store...

that would equal  in 13K commission sales... not including the bump in the months of august and december...

so you raking in 110K/year as a store manager for champs? that's up there PAST district managers, and up w/ regional managers...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Buddy this is all recently, this is my first year as manager. Believe me brother i was skeptical but no one wants the position, so I took it, and I still didn't believe it untill i saw my checks. A couple of members on here work with me so hopefully they can vouch for me.

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

Stay at a job for years, eventually you'll become manager. I work at champs sports for 3 yrs, first yr i was an associate making $7 bucks an hr, following year I become asst manager, making $15, now I'm full manager making $37.75 an hour plus 5% commission. Hard work at a crappy job really pays off trust me. I don't want to say I'm wealthy but I make a very good living. My dad told me this is america, if you want something go get it. That's exactly what I did and I've lived by it.

37.75 an hour at champs???? 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Im sayin. Props to that man.

KayCurrency wrote:
laugh.gif

yep same as me. people i work with put in crazy hours, guess that why most of the parking lot is full with Beamers and Audi's. thats cool and all.

but i enjoy my time from work,  my weekends. These people basically live at their job, most of them cheating or house just in shambles.

give me my 4 9's M-Th and 4 hrs on Friday. get my 40 and im out.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

i dunno fambs....

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Buddy this is all recently, this is my first year as manager. Believe me brother i was skeptical but no one wants the position, so I took it, and I still didn't believe it untill i saw my checks. A couple of members on here work with me so hopefully they can vouch for me.
post stub. My boy was a manager at a HOH in L.A. and he had to still hustle to make a decent living. I think he was making $15/hr as a manager. 

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

HOVKid wrote:

Because it's NY. Nothing in the world like it. Nothing.
Exactly!

some dudes act like NYC is the be all and end all of the urban metropolis
laugh.gif
...dont get it twisted I have a huge appreciation for NY culture...but  go ahead and stay in that box so I can build a new city and make real money and not NY-taxed money
laugh.gif

just try and show a little perspective..NY had to be built just like anything else...it'll rise and decline like anything else...and new improved cities will form to take its place.

Its the social aspect that goes into it...and at the end of the day is that worth it? I guess for some it is...I'm a small town guy...I need my space thus I have space for the prospect of creation.

the legal industry is another one...American lawyers have to be the biggest con artists in the world...
laugh.gif
its a shame what they do is considered a profession..lawyers themselves are often critical of it.

First off, I had to chuckle at asking for the multimillionaires on NT......I know HovKid is well off, but look at what he posted. The man work his #%$ off.....now read on -

I've been blessed enough to have been able to work around and with some of the wealthiest people in the city of Atlanta. I've grown very close with some of these people, been invited to their homes, know their story, etc.

Bottom line, like others have said - If you work a 9-5, that isnt cutting it. Youre not seeing that kind of money until you've been doing 70-80 hour weeks for 10 plus years, and thats when the wealthy really enjoy the fruits of their labor.

When you says "The people who, if they don't have to work, they don't have to." You're missing the point, the people who have this mentality are never satisfied. Even once they're well off, they keep grinding. I have clients who I see on the weekends that come straight to the country club from the airport, and sometimes fly out the next morning. These people are always on the move.

Dont think you're going to get a Business degree, get a nice 9-5 and fall into millions. Get a degree, network, and work those 70 hour weeks if you want that kind of money. Very few ppl fall into wealth; that is if you define it by monetary things.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Or live in Jersey/LI and make the commute...

I live on Long Island. How much you think a real house in a real area of LI goes for bro? Property + school tax alone in my area is $18k a year. But, I live in the second best school district out here. Everything I do is for my wife and kids. I barely spend anything on myself. So much so that when I went a few weeks ago to buy a car my wife had to convince me to spend something on myself. Convinced me to get a 550i. Got the M package and just got work that it's being built now. Feel mad guilty for doing it though. My wife says I deserve it more than anyone. I dunno.

I'm not at all rich or anything like that, but I'm carefully planning for my future. I quit my part time job just to focus on school since my nursing program is pretty demanding. I have 5 semesters left in the program until I get my BSN.
Once I graduate, I plan on working in the Medical ICU for 1-2 years, then go back to school to hopefully finish up a Nurse Anesthetist program and become a CRNA. 
pimp.gif

I'm praying that all goes as planned. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom