BYU: Brandon Davies - what did he even do?

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

In thinking about it, it sucks that dude got kicked off the team. However, as soon as he signed w. BYU, he knew he had to abide by the honor code. I don't really feel too bad for the kid. If he had chosen any other school in the country, this is a non-issue. He should just pack his ++!# and go somewhere else to play ball.
exactly. dude had offers from gonzaga, cal, zona...so he wasn't forced into this from a "this is my only chance at a scholarship" standpoint. he knew damn well what he was signing up for. i'm sure he's a good kid, but that school is strict as hell, we all know that.

i'm sure premarital sex occurs at BYU, especially with the athletes...but i would think he had to have gotten the girl pregnant to be kicked off. you can't cover that up. you can't hide that. 
Nobody has once factored in his (foster) parent's influence on choosing BYU. He might have just went to BYU because his mormon parents told him too. Being raised in that faith, its understandable that he signed up for the school just to make his parents happy.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

In thinking about it, it sucks that dude got kicked off the team. However, as soon as he signed w. BYU, he knew he had to abide by the honor code. I don't really feel too bad for the kid. If he had chosen any other school in the country, this is a non-issue. He should just pack his ++!# and go somewhere else to play ball.
exactly. dude had offers from gonzaga, cal, zona...so he wasn't forced into this from a "this is my only chance at a scholarship" standpoint. he knew damn well what he was signing up for. i'm sure he's a good kid, but that school is strict as hell, we all know that.

i'm sure premarital sex occurs at BYU, especially with the athletes...but i would think he had to have gotten the girl pregnant to be kicked off. you can't cover that up. you can't hide that. 
Nobody has once factored in his (foster) parent's influence on choosing BYU. He might have just went to BYU because his mormon parents told him too. Being raised in that faith, its understandable that he signed up for the school just to make his parents happy.
You have a good point. But personally given the choice of something like BYU and scholarships to play for other schools with a more secular outlook, I'd look for another way to make them happy. I doubt getting kicked off and being made a national news story for this is making them real happy anyways. It all depends on the kid's character and how he deals with this I guess.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

You have a good point. But personally given the choice of something like BYU and scholarships to play for other schools with a more secular outlook, I'd look for another way to make them happy. I doubt getting kicked off and being made a national news story for this is making them real happy anyways. It all depends on the kid's character and how he deals with this I guess.

laugh.gif
a scholarship at BYU is a joke. Tuition is cheap as dirt for LDS students there
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
As it should be, since the school is run by LDS.  There's almost no Non-athletic, Non-LDS kids that go there, right?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
As it should be, since the school is run by LDS.  There's almost no Non-athletic, Non-LDS kids that go there, right?

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
No doubt...... Aaron Eckhart went there..... and by the time he graduated he wasn't mormon anymore
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
No doubt...... Aaron Eckhart went there..... and by the time he graduated he wasn't mormon anymore
laugh.gif

This thread brings the lulz. Not going to comment on the matter since I will most definitely end up bashing BYU and the LDS beliefs but lets just say I think their honor code is a pile of horse dung.

This thread brings the lulz. Not going to comment on the matter since I will most definitely end up bashing BYU and the LDS beliefs but lets just say I think their honor code is a pile of horse dung.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

I don't agree with much of what LDS has to offer either but they put that honor code in the forefront when recruiting.  If you're someone who cant handle abiding by that code then BYU probably doesn't want you to attend in the first place, regardless of what you may or may not be able to do for their athletic programs.

Which is why its so impressive that BYU is competitive in Football and Basketball.

I don't agree with much of what LDS has to offer either but they put that honor code in the forefront when recruiting.  If you're someone who cant handle abiding by that code then BYU probably doesn't want you to attend in the first place, regardless of what you may or may not be able to do for their athletic programs.

Which is why its so impressive that BYU is competitive in Football and Basketball.

QFT. A lot of yall are missing the point with their honor code..

It's as simple as not applying to the school if there is a problem w. the honor code or their ethics.  I don't see how anyone can have issue w. this.  It's like having an issue w. St. John's because they have priests/nuns walking around....

It's as simple as not applying to the school if there is a problem w. the honor code or their ethics.  I don't see how anyone can have issue w. this.  It's like having an issue w. St. John's because they have priests/nuns walking around....

Back
Top Bottom