Burnt out at work - input needed

Ok so I been working for a large stock firm for the last 4 years in the IT department. We are going through some big transition and out sourcing and somewhere along the line realize that i'm going to get laid off. So for the past year things have been so jacked up with outsourcing that its going to take some time before they get this rolling. Now to be honest I been acting like I have been working hard but really haven't, not that my laziness affects other people because I know how that is. Now my yearly income is a little over 75k per year but do you guys think its wrong for me in that i'm going to ride this out until my day comes that I get laid off? I know other people have taken the approach to leave but some have tried to come back and other tell me how they should have never left.

I been using some of my working time to workout, study more for my cisco cert, and to be honest I work about 4 hours a day or 20 hours a week. I have an office but I work from home 4 days a week because my bosses are all in other states.

Sounds like you're winning brah...

they don't care about you...

why care about them?

Stay in motion. Search for something else while at your current job.

Its not wrong of you to ride it out. But you are doing yourself wrong by not thinking about what happens after you get laid off.

Make sure you're networking, getting your name & skillset(s) out there... Always best to find a job while you still have a job.

Good luck; make sure you have a Plan B.

To go from $75K to less than could get rough if you're not prepared.

35huch.jpg

Ricky thats weird my office is in the Dallas Galleria towers.

word? You gotta eff w/ me famb... Always down to make moves...

you paying for the yambs, doe...

gotta add you to the nt summit when it warms up too. Pm me

Like its been said, just look for something else and finish up your cert. Once you finish that cert you can get an even better paying gig. Its always good to have options

When it comes to work, "I'm all about "I", give the rest of the vowels back" because bosses are going to protect their butts and mostly everyone else is as well.

Why stay on a sinking ship?

Ok so I been working for a large stock firm for the last 4 years in the IT department. We are going through some big transition and out sourcing and somewhere along the line realize that i'm going to get laid off. So for the past year things have been so jacked up with outsourcing that its going to take some time before they get this rolling. Now to be honest I been acting like I have been working hard but really haven't, not that my laziness affects other people because I know how that is. Now my yearly income is a little over 75k per year but do you guys think its wrong for me in that i'm going to ride this out until my day comes that I get laid off? I know other people have taken the approach to leave but some have tried to come back and other tell me how they should have never left.

I been using some of my working time to workout, study more for my cisco cert, and to be honest I work about 4 hours a day or 20 hours a week. I have an office but I work from home 4 days a week because my bosses are all in other states.

do you work at duff and phelps?

Back
Top Bottom