Burger debate..

Yo, my friends and I would be hyped to hit up White Castle after a night of partying in college. Jalapeño burgers satisied our drunk food craving

THIS!

what you West Coast cats don't understand about White Castle is that you don't eat that ish when the sun is out. That'll just make your head hurt, smell like armpits, and give u bubble guts for the next couple of hours.

But after a night out of being drunk, there's rarely any more satisfying things in the world than getting 4 Jalapenos, 4 White Castle burgers, chicken fingers, and mozzarella sticks at anytime before 7 am. Guess its one of those things you had to grow up with to love.

With that said:

In and out is mad good but reminds me of fresher, smaller versions of Johnny Rockets burgers.

5 Guys is mad good too when you're in the mood.

I would take Shake Shack over 5 guys though if they were right next to each other. (SS Madison Sq Park >>> than the other locations)

Never been to White Castle, but I hope the burgers they sell in the regular stores aren't an indication of how they taste, cause those are soooooo gross :lol:

5 guys sucks ..... i havent had from the other 2 places niether but for the price ill go have the burger at longhorn chilis or fridays instead lol theyre way better for the same price , 5 guys looks like a broke mcdonalds inside of a kmart in the hood ....
Stop it 5.

Pretty much this :lol: Five Guys looks absolutely nothing like a KMart hood Mcdonalds or whatever.

As far as their burgers though, theyre very good, yet expensive like people already mentioned. Had it for the first time awhile back, and I just can't routinely pay 7-9 bucks for a burger.

Doesn't matter what time you eat it, white castle is trash just like krystal's

Late night Micky D's breakfast >>>>> white castle

No mention of Red Robin yet. I only ate there once and their burgers were average but I like the fact that they have bottomless fries and a rewards card.

No mention of Red Robin yet. I only ate there once and their burgers were average but I like the fact that they have bottomless fries and a rewards card.

the a1 peppercorn at red robin is delicious and so is the banzai

ya the burger i had there was average.. but their strawberry lemonade was one of the best ones i've ever had :x

theres a burger joint in my town that steams their burgers, havent had em yet but have heard that theyre amazingly juicy 

probably gonna try them on my next cheat day 

I love Shack Shake, I'm there a couple of times a month on my cheat days. Was just there on Saturday
I usually get the Smoke Shack double, fries, a milkshake or a drink and ice cream(the Westberry)
View media item 538483View media item 538484View media item 538485They're changing their fries for whatever reason. Apparently there was a lot of request for them. You can try them at the Upper East Side location
View media item 538486
5 Guys is good but not SS good. I wanted to try Smashburger but a lot of people just said it was okay and expensive. There's a Steak n Shake in the city, gotta check that out one day. In n Out and all those chains on the west are on my list. I here In N Out doesn't use bacon, or is it only at some locations?

There's this old school burger joint in Long Island called the All American Drive-In, been there since 1965. I haven't been there but I heard good things about it. Prices are very on point,
CHEESEBURGER - 1.45, DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER - 2.75, FRENCH FRIES - 1.15 (SM) 1.75 (LG), THICK SHAKES - VANILLA, CHOCOLATE, STRAWBERRY - 1.95
I'm assuming that you may not be getting the biggest portions at that price but still cool for a quick bite. Consider how long they've been around, I'm sure that speaks for itself.

One of the best burgers I had was over 10 years ago at Lou's Restaurant in Hanover, NH. Always wanted to go back and have another.

If you're ever in CT, check out Plan B. All made from ground beef/chicken/pork/turkey. More restaurant type place. Beer selection is real good
View media item 538487View media item 538488View media item 538489View media item 538490BGR, The Burger Joint is good too but not as good as Plan B. Better prices and more convenient. Better than Johnny Rockets.
View media item 538491

Last edited:
THIS!

what you West Coast cats don't understand about White Castle is that you don't eat that ish when the sun is out. That'll just make your head hurt, smell like armpits, and give u bubble guts for the next couple of hours.

But after a night out of being drunk, there's rarely any more satisfying things in the world than getting 4 Jalapenos, 4 White Castle burgers, chicken fingers, and mozzarella sticks at anytime before 7 am. Guess its one of those things you had to grow up with to love.

With that said:

In and out is mad good but reminds me of fresher, smaller versions of Johnny Rockets burgers.

I would take Shake Shack over 5 guys though if they were right next to each other. (SS Madison Sq Park >>> than the other locations)

Westcoast doesn't need those White Castle burgers after drinking we have our bacon wrapped hot dogs haha and when did people start calling Pasadena "dena" where did NELA come from? You guys don't want to be consider east la?

THIS!

With that said:

Westcoast doesn't need those White Castle burgers after drinking we have our bacon wrapped hot dogs haha and when did people start calling Pasadena "dena" where did NELA come from? You guys don't want to be consider east la?
Why are you pointing out the irrelevant things? This is a burger thread, bruh.

Locals that I talk to have always called it Dena. It's like calling Los Angeles LA.

NELA (Northeast LA). Because it's obviously northeast from LA. Has nothing to do with not wanting to be considered East LA.

Last edited:
^ just asking a question I've lived in Los Angeles my entire life met people from all cities, counties etc. I've never heard those nicknames for that city ever.

any Houston NTers ever had a burger from Hubcap Grill? 
nerd.gif

I've heard great things, but haven't got a chance to try it. 

Anyone here tried where the burger originated from, Louis Lunch? Every time there is a burger show this place is showcased, curious if it's actually good or just get the hype for being credited to inventing hamburgers.
View media item 539134

Anyone here tried where the burger originated from, Louis Lunch? Every time there is a burger show this place is showcased, curious if it's actually good or just get the hype for being credited to inventing hamburgers.
Hype.  I wanted to enjoy it but all I kept thinking was "there's no ketchup on this burger" (you're not allowed to put ketchup on it).  I didn't like the cheese spread they used.  The meat of the burger is great but the rest of it is subpar.  You're better off getting pizza if you're in New Haven.

Back
Top Bottom