Bulls offseason Thread

Hopes not up but I too also got a good feeling...

Now it's just time to wait and see what melos really about

Melo already has his mind made up. I figure by Sunday night, Monday morning he'll let us know he's resigning with the Knicks.

How much do you guys think Parsons is worth?

:nerd:

Taj was there?

Don't no how to feel bout that being if Melo comes in taj is most likely gone..

Taj was there?

Don't no how to feel bout that being if Melo comes in taj is most likely gone..

That's the whole point, the feeling is mutual between Melo/Bulls that they want Taj to stay. Taj's willingness to come to the meeting to show his confidence that he will be there is big. Shows the FO/Taj/Melo are on the same page in keeping the core of the team together so Melo doesn't end up with zero role players like on the Knicks when he came over from Denver.

So this means if it happens

Butler goes?
Taj takes a paycut?

Taj's contract is set, it can't be restructured. I think the Bulls pitched two ideas: get max money via S&T with Knicks or amnesty Boozer, cut the non-guaranteed money, deal Dunleavy, denounce cap holds on others if need be to free up $16-18m and sign him outright. They'll try their damndest to deal anyone but Jimmy, Taj, Derrick, Jo if the Knicks aren't willing to play ball.

I heard the same about Melo wanting Taj there. That shows he understands that he has to be an addition to this team rather than deplete the core AGAIN.

My cousin was down there and said most of the fans were bummed that they used Rose to distract them while Melo went out back door to the new practice facility. He said Nick was negative as usual but that KC Johnson felt it was a done deal based on "sources" and that Melo will be a Bull.

I checked the crop of free agents next year, and there isn't much outside of Rondo, Deandre Jordan, Monta Ellis and Gerald Green. Lamarcus would have been there but I believe the blazers already extended him. True Rondo would be nice with Melo, but that's if he isn't traded elsewhere. SO, the Knicks may have 50 mill next year but there aren't a lot of pieces to make Melo a champ IMO. Also, they won't have assets to trade for another superstar to line up with him.

Also, I think everyone agrees that if he goes back to Ny, he is basically blowing a year. SO it has to be only the money and his wife's acting career and social life in NY that would keep him there.

I'm 50/50 on it but I'm holding out hope he makes the right move.

Also, props to the front office. They did all they could do. Even Rose showed up to let Melo know how serious we are about him. I have no complaints as they did all they could do.

I heard the same about Melo wanting Taj there. That shows he understands that he has to be an addition to this team rather than deplete the core AGAIN.

My cousin was down there and said most of the fans were bummed that they used Rose to distract them while Melo went out back door to the new practice facility. He said Nick was negative as usual but that KC Johnson felt it was a done deal based on "sources" and that Melo will be a Bull.

I checked the crop of free agents next year, and there isn't much outside of Rondo, Deandre Jordan, Monta Ellis and Gerald Green. Lamarcus would have been there but I believe the blazers already extended him. True Rondo would be nice with Melo, but that's if he isn't traded elsewhere. SO, the Knicks may have 50 mill next year but there aren't a lot of pieces to make Melo a champ IMO. Also, they won't have assets to trade for another superstar to line up with him.

Also, I think everyone agrees that if he goes back to Ny, he is basically blowing a year. SO it has to be only the money and his wife's acting career and social life in NY that would keep him there.

Also, props to the front office. They did all they could do. Even Rose showed up to let Melo know how serious we are about him. I have no complaints as they did all they could do.

Ant, thanks for sharing what your cousin witnessed.

If KC "Cold Bucket of Water" Johnson is saying it's a done deal.....

No Prob CA...My thinking (homeristic maybe) is that Melo must be leaning towards us if he is trying to ensure that Taj is still here. I like what I saw on the outside of the UC. Bulls did their thing.

No Prob CA...My thinking (homeristic maybe) is that Melo must be leaning towards us if he is trying to ensure that Taj is still here. I like what I saw on the outside of the UC. Bulls did their thing.

Maybe Melo and his team told them to make it work (sign n trade)..however they can with other pieces to ensure that Taj will stay? Who knows and we'll see...

I checked the crop of free agents next year, and there isn't much outside of Rondo, Deandre Jordan, Monta Ellis and Gerald Green. Lamarcus would have been there but I believe the blazers already extended him.

Kevin Love, Marc Gasol, and LaMarcus is not yet extended, so he's part of the class as well.

Al Jefferson
Omer Asik
Roy Hibbert
David West
Goran Dragic
Rudy Gay
Tony Parker (with Duncan and Manu possibly retiring)
Amir Johnson

Won't have LeBron and Melo, but will have a lot of solid pieces still with 3-4 years in them.

Kevin Love, Marc Gasol, and LaMarcus is not yet extended, so he's part of the class as well.

I saw that about LA after posting. He would be a great piece, but does he want to leave the younger all star Damian?

Marc Gasol would be a good pickup

Kevin Love will likely be traded and extended by then . I don't see Minny letting love walk for free

Al Jefferson-NICE
Omer Asik-still a backup
Roy Hibbert-REALLY MR.DOUGHNUT aka Mr Fragile in NY???
David West- How old is he ?
Goran Dragic-NICE
Rudy Gay-He and Melo are damn near identical in volume shooting
Tony Parker (with Duncan and Manu possibly retiring)- just don't see it, he could've left long ago if he wanted bigger stage
Amir Johnson-SOLID but no star

Won't have LeBron and Melo, but will have a lot of solid pieces still with 3-4 years in them.

But most importantly, they would have to sign these guys under the same circumstances of paying them less than their "home" team.

and we gotta see what fisher does as a first year coach. a lot of IFs involved in NY future.

Our major IF is related to Rose's health long term

I dont......i pretty much guaranteed that we'd land Melo like 3-4 months ago.....and now.......ehhhhhhhhh. I'd be shocked (happy shocked) if it happens. I am pleased though, of the the team and FO went about the meeting with Melo. If I were a free agent, I would seriously have been impressed.

Im glad that players and front office went all out for Melo. We had nothing to lose trying to get him. Still not getting my hopes too high but im just glad we were aggressive from top to bottom pursuing him.

as much as ya'll don't want booz around anymore, and he knows it, yet he's been an example of class as to how he's been handling things. not a much peep out of him except maybe a sad ig post i think i saw. wish ya'll could've been able to keep him with a cheap contract. that post scoring is invaluable off the bench but he sucks so bad on defense. impossible i know, but oh well.

Man, Booz is the same dude who promised the Cavs he'd resign with them if they let him out of his current contract and went straight to the Utah Jazz once they did. Are we supposed to feel bad for him or something?

i said the same when i looked at the pics ... jacked would be the right word

AGREED ON ALL POINTS

as much as ya'll don't want booz around anymore, and he knows it, yet he's been an example of class as to how he's been handling things. not a much peep out of him except maybe a sad ig post i think i saw. wish ya'll could've been able to keep him with a cheap contract. that post scoring is invaluable off the bench but he sucks so bad on defense. impossible i know, but oh well.

Man, Booz is the same dude who promised the Cavs he'd resign with them if they let him out of his current contract and went straight to the Utah Jazz once they did. Are we supposed to feel bad for him or something?

YEP *ye shrug*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom