Bulls offseason Thread

I don't believe Melo is coming here, like others the decision completely shattered my hopes of ever landing a big time FA.

I just don't see it happening. I think he wants to experience the recruitment process all over again, but he's going back to NYC where he will be treated like a King and adored by the masses until January when they turn on him.

Can't knock him for that though.

I don't believe Melo is coming here, like others the decision completely shattered my hopes of ever landing a big time FA.

I just don't see it happening. I think he wants to experience the recruitment process all over again, but he's going back to NYC where he will be treated like a King and adored by the masses until January when they turn on him.

^I think at his age his hesitation to have his son move will be a big factor too.

Last edited:
I think we all realize Melo isn't coming here .. After we strike out, hopefully we don't over pay someone like we did with Boozer and hopefully we don't give up all of our assets to get KLove here either. Feels like it's going to be a cold summer for us :x

^I think at his age his hesitation to have his son move will be a big factor too.

I respect him considering his family's needs and the effects of a move

I think we all realize Melo isn't coming here .. After we strike out, hopefully we don't over pay someone like we did with Boozer and hopefully we don't give up all of our assets to get KLove here either. Feels like it's going to be a cold summer for us :x

I'd feel better about trading "assets" to bring in K.Love than just sitting with our Charles Dickens in our hands... You get the central pieces, you can build around them if you scout well, it's landing the Pillars of the team that are the most difficult.

Last edited:
Not so sure why Melo's children has to play a factor in any decision. Nate Robinson has been passed around from team to team like a cheap prostitute and throughout it all, his kids resided in Seattle.

There are probably numerous examples of other NBA players keeping their children in one place despite being traded, etc. Let's face it, during the NBA season, you're hardly home anyway.

Last edited:
Not so sure why Melo's children has to play a factor in any decision. Nate Robinson has been passed around from team to team like a cheap prostitute and throughout it all, his kids resided in Seattle.

There are probably numerous examples of other NBA players keeping their children in one place despite being traded, etc. Let's face it, during the NBA season, you're hardly home anyway.

Yup, Nate and Boozer live "away" but as a father I can see Melo's perspective here. I can't really explain it in words. If you eventually have kids, I think you'd understand.

I'd feel better about trading "assets" to bring in K.Love than just sitting with our Charles Dickens in our hands... You get the central pieces, you can build around them if you scout well, it's landing the Pillars of the team that are the most difficult.

I agree to a certain extent but I don't feel like KLove is the guy you give up the whole farm for. It could end up being a set back, just look at what happened to the Knicks when they gutted their roster for Melo. Don't want to end up in a situation where Pooh = Amare dude to the injuries and Love is our version of Melo right now. That's the part that worries me.

Thankfully, we'll probably have a clearer idea of what Melo will do by this weekend. Until then, all we can do is sit back, Charles Dickens in our hands, and hope for the best :lol:

Yup, Nate and Boozer live "away" but as a father I can see Melo's perspective here. I can't really explain it in words. If you eventually have kids, I think you'd understand.

I'm all for family, but depending on how old his kids are, how much time are you going to see them anyway as an NBA player. Practice/workouts in the morning, games at night, plus these guys like to go out a lot. Then all the traveling.

If anything, where any player is going to spend most of their times with their kids are in the off-season anyway.

If they're really about that family life, well these guys have all that free time June - October seeing their kids, no one else working the 9-5 has that chunk of free time lumped together and that coincides with their kid's summer vacations too.

*shrugs

I was so sure we were getting him like 2 weeks ago... Now I'll just be happy if we don't overpay someone once we miss out on Melo.

:frown:

Highly doubtful that Melo will come to Chicago, but I don't think he's staying in NY either.

I'm sure some part of him wants to win just as much as he wants money, and NY is kind of a mess.

I keep hearing that NY wants to draw Pau Gasol to NY to help lure Melo here. If Pau Gasol is their big sell..

At this point, I'll just be happy as long as Melo doesn't go to Miami. Or if he goes to the west. The less competition in the east, the better.

Highly doubtful that Melo will come to Chicago, but I don't think he's staying in NY either.

I'm sure some part of him wants to win just as much as he wants money, and NY is kind of a mess.

I keep hearing that NY wants to draw Pau Gasol to NY to help lure Melo here. If Pau Gasol is their big sell..

As a basketball fan, I wouldn't mind Melo and/or LeBron going to Phoenix. That should be a really fun team to watch.

I'd be happy with Melo in Chicago, but won't me mad if stays with NY. As long as he don't join forces with Miami.

Maybe he learned a lesson of watching Lebron being the most hated after the decision.

Also, I just read this on ESPN article.

"Paxson acknowledged that Jerry Reinsdorf has given the front office the green light to spend how it sees fit. Whether that means diving deep into the luxury tax or using the amnesty clause to wipe away the final year of Boozer's deal, Paxson made it clear that Reinsdorf was "all-in" on the plan to get the Bulls back to the top."

Last edited:
It's us or the Knicks, Houston a distant 3rd followed by Dallas and LA. If his main concern is family, why would he move all the way to Texas or Cali? It's all smoke signals, he just wants to be wined and dined, build his ego/confidence back up, then resign with the Knicks.

It's the wanting to be wined and dined part that is so true. Bosh Wade and Bron probably knew where they wanted to be at during the all star break the yr of the decision. :smh

It's us or the Knicks, Houston a distant 3rd followed by Dallas and LA. If his main concern is family, why would he move all the way to Texas or Cali? It's all smoke signals, he just wants to be wined and dined, build his ego/confidence back up, then resign with the Knicks.

He has a crib in LA, has since his Denver days.

:lol: @ as long as he doesn't go to Mia... People are overly concerned with them :smh:

Well, the Miami team did go to the finals 4 yrs in a row. We shouldn't be concerned about a rival getting stronger?

Sorry to sidetrack from the impending FA, but saw this in Zach Lowe's latest article:

"• The Thunder are indeed paying into the revenue-sharing system, rare for such a tiny market, but they’re slated to make nearly $29 million in profit when everything is netted out. That’s the fifth-best projection in the league, trailing only the Lakers ($100.1 million), Bulls ($61 million)..."

$61M!!! ...yea, we better start dipping into that luxury tax to win, still make a profit anyway.

Man his 7yo kid is being used as an excuse to get the most money in NY. As a 7yo, its not hard to make friends. I changed schools three times before graduating 8th grade, I made friends and adjusted. and I did that all without my pops being a superstar hooper making millions and my mom being an actress.

Melo is the head of the household and the breadwinner. He doesn't need a ring to ensure his family is set up well financially for their natural lives. But don't use the kid as an excuse.

Whatever will be will be. If he signs here, me and my bro City will pop a bottle and smoke the finest. If he doesn't, we still will smoke the finest LMAO

Man his 7yo kid is being used as an excuse to get the most money in NY. As a 7yo, its not hard to make friends. I changed schools three times before graduating 8th grade, I made friends and adjusted. and I did that all without my pops being a superstar hooper making millions and my mom being an actress.

Melo is the head of the household and the breadwinner. He doesn't need a ring to ensure his family is set up well financially for their natural lives. But don't use the kid as an excuse.

Whatever will be will be. If he signs here, me and my bro City will pop a bottle and smoke the finest. If he doesn't, we still will smoke the finest LMAO

true true

Last edited:

He has a crib in LA, has since his Denver days.

:lol: @ as long as he doesn't go to Mia... People are overly concerned with them :smh:

Yeah I know Cake, but dude acting like he doesn't want his family to be there permanately.

He considers it their "vacation" house now

That's probably his smash out spot when he on them long west coast road trips so he definitely not trying to move the fam in :lol:

Sorry to sidetrack from the impending FA, but saw this in Zach Lowe's latest article:

"• The Thunder are indeed paying into the revenue-sharing system, rare for such a tiny market, but they’re slated to make nearly $29 million in profit when everything is netted out. That’s the fifth-best projection in the league, trailing only the Lakers ($100.1 million), Bulls ($61 million)..."

$61M!!! ...yea, we better start dipping into that luxury tax to win, still make a profit anyway.

This isn't exactly news. The Bulls have always been one of the most profitable teams. It's a combination of them being a big market and ownership being frugal with their spending =/

Not exactly sure, but I think last year was the first time Bulls ever went over the luxury tax

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom