Bulls offseason Thread

Im not with that we tried crap. FO low balled Lu on purpose knowing he would walk, you cant offer your 2nd best player basically the same contract as taj. I do think a number could have been met that suited our future plans and showed LU some respect. Like I said a new FO is really whats needed.

Now its time for Jimmy to grow up quickly because weather he wants it or not he is being molded on and off the court as the bulls next glue guy.

I disagree, that 3 yr 30mil was a fair offer.

Definitely a fair offer for a guy coming off a max deal. Add in the fact that Lu has reached his potential, isn't getting any younger, high mileage, and has injury issues, I think that was a very fair offer.

The man is only 28 I could see yall point if they was doing some long term deal but at 3 years you can offer better and feel secure with what your paying for. Yall acting like he 31 coming off some horrific injury.... 10 mil a year at his caliber and age is lowball

but hey we can agree to disagree he gone now and I have no faith in our FO attracting talent to replace him or boozer when he amnestied.

The man is only 28 I could see yall point if they was doing some long term deal but at 3 years you can offer better and feel secure with what your paying for. Yall acting like he 31 coming off some horrific injury.... 10 mil a year at his caliber and age is lowball

but hey we can agree to disagree he gone now and I have no faith in our FO attracting talent to replace him or boozer when he amnestied.
that 28 is more like he's 32. he has a lot of mileage

that 28 is more like he's 32. he has a lot of mileage

if he had to go he had to go fine, but do i think a number could have been reached that met both sides yes i do. Your not gonna convince me that 10 mil a year isnt a lowball though. Those miles were put on by Thibs, and deng was willing to accept them and flourish with them.

Now tell me what our next move is because the bulls dont land top talent. Lets not forget even Boozer didnt even want to come here, the heat chose bosh and we were willing to overpay

3/30 was a great offer imo & not a low ball

regardless how much he says different he was gone when that spinal tap thing happened

if he had to go he had to go fine, but do i think a number could have been reached that met both sides yes i do. Your not gonna convince me that 10 mil a year isnt a lowball though. Those miles were put on by Thibs, and deng was willing to accept them and flourish with them.

Now tell me what our next move is because the bulls dont land top talent. Lets not forget even Boozer didnt even want to come here, the heat chose bosh and we were willing to overpay
i dont think 10/mil a year was a lowball offer fam. your acting like Deng isnt coming off a max deal. how many championships have we won with Deng?Dont get me wrong i grew to appreciate Deng over the years but come on you honestly think we should pay him more at this stage of his career? nah i ll take my chances with the younger guys in hopes we can get 2 top 20 picks in the draft. or we could package all them picks and hopefully get a team to give us one of there stars in return. ie Kevin Love

btw if your gonna offer someone that number you dont walk them in your office and say take it or leave it ..... bad business 101 when does that ever go well. Your still dealing with ego driven athletes

btw if your gonna offer someone that number you dont walk them in your office and say take it or leave it ..... bad business 101 when does that ever go well. Your still dealing with ego driven athletes
so i take it you were there to see that happen. if not that is pure speculation nobody knows that except the parties involved

i dont think 10/mil a year was a lowball offer fam. your acting like Deng isnt coming off a max deal. how many championships have we won with Deng?Dont get me wrong i grew to appreciate Deng over the years but come on you honestly think we should pay him more at this stage of his career? nah i ll take my chances with the younger guys in hopes we can get 2 top 20 picks in the draft. or we could package all them picks and hopefully get a team to give us one of there stars in return. ie Kevin Love

everything you say sounds good but its all based on ifs and maybes..... now meet me half way and admit what past or current dealings tell you our FO will get that done. If anything I see us overpaying Mirotic to come over and end up being Taj backup

so i take it you were there to see that happen. if not that is pure speculation nobody knows that except the parties involved

Deng said it and FO aint denying it what more should I believe in...... I love our team but giving our FO the benefit of the doubt not happening they been burned that bridge with my trust.

everything you say sounds good but its all based on ifs and maybes..... now meet me half way and admit what past or current dealings tell you our FO will get that done. If anything I see us overpaying Mirotic to come over and end up being Taj backup
hey if your a fan of Chicago sports then you already know that all the FO's for all of our teams are idiots.

i swear if we bring fam over & Taj is better im gonna be salty af

he hasnt been hyped & kept overseas to come be a backup

this Miroitic(however you spell it) has some pressure on his shoulders for sure i think if we strike out with him/draft/free agent Rose is gone

at this point i think rose is leaving

said he didnt want to be part of a rebuild

& thats exactly what this is once boozy & kirk are gone

damn
mean.gif

Honestly, this whole Deng situation is the ripple effect of Rose's injury. If he didn't get hurt this season, I think we would've offered Deng 12-13 mil per year to keep the core pieces together.

this Miroitic(however you spell it) has some pressure on his shoulders for sure i think if we strike out with him/draft/free agent Rose is gone

Cant say i blame him. Do i think hes done his part in attempting to get players to come play with him? Not by a long shot. It sucks that we only had one shot with this group. I really think the yeat Rose originally got hurt was our year. We had experience from the year before and our team went 10 players deep.

End of an era for one of the better players in Bulls history.

Just hoping we can make some moves in the next few years. It sucks man :smh:

well i hope your not expecting him to be better than Taj out the gate because taj as a starter looks capable of avg 15-18ppg 10 rebounds and a few blocks a game.

How many Foreign players really come over here out the gate and shine most of them struggle with NBA pace and go back to there euro clubs years later

well i hope your not expecting him to be better than Taj out the gate because taj as a starter looks capable of avg 15-18ppg 10 rebounds and a few blocks a game.

How many Foreign players really come over here out the gate and shine most of them struggle with NBA pace and go back to there euro clubs years later

im expecting to be wowed honestly

im expecting him to cement our frontcourt & make nazr an afterthought

but honestly im prbly expecting too damn much

Cant say i blame him. Do i think hes done his part in attempting to get players to come play with him? Not by a long shot. It sucks that we only had one shot with this group. I really think the yeat Rose originally got hurt was our year. We had experience from the year before and our team went 10 players deep.

End of an era for one of the better players in Bulls history.

Just hoping we can make some moves in the next few years. It sucks man
mean.gif
Yea that was our year if you think about it. nothing has been the same since F***
mad.gif

To me, Thibs and Rose are a package deal and I know Cake and I have maybe jokingly said it in the past that we thought Rose could be a Laker. I'm a little pessimistic that Thibs will be the coach next year especially if we go into full tank mode.

Let's see what happens.....

I've been strongly considering just rooting for players first, rather than their teams.

Back
Top Bottom