Building a Better NikeTalk: What are your favorite website designs/layouts?

Originally Posted by PRIME

I don't think we should go with vBulletin. I'm a fan of Vanilla personally, although vBulletin has all of these features/plugins you guys love from hip hop forums... Mostly because all the hip hop forums use vBulletin.. 
grin.gif

Admin team check this out if you haven't already.

http://vanillaforums.org/

Also, for those who have been begging for a mobile friendly version of NT, it comes equipped with the tools to make that a reality

http://vanillaforums.com/features/mobile-friendly#toc

Troll Management tools

http://vanillaforums.com/features/moderation#toc

And something I found pretty cool, Badges

http://vanillaforums.com/features/reactions-badges-gamification#toc
Damnb this is tight

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Have an "@" capability with a notifcation system...

So if someone mentions my name in a thread Via @Kaycurrency, there will be a notification on my NT notification tool bar

Great idea, I'm all for that.
chill that'll suck

It actually makes a lot of sense. It's a more logical way of knowing if someone is addressing you or quoting you so you can respond... especially if it's in a thread you didn't check again or keep up with.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Have an "@" capability with a notifcation system...

So if someone mentions my name in a thread Via @Kaycurrency, there will be a notification on my NT notification tool bar

Great idea, I'm all for that.
chill that'll suck
You afraid your notifications will crash the server?
laugh.gif

So i was looking at the sites HTML just for fun and I saw the meta tags

meta name="Keywords" content="abuse american apple art att basketball big blackberry books cars charity christmas clothing clubs college comics computer crack dance dating democrat dog drugs ebay education environment facebook fat film food free funny games girlfriend girls good google haircut headphones help hot htc iphone ipod itunes japan jay-z job jordan kanye kobe mac madden marvel movies music nba netflix new york new york city news nike niketalk obama paypal people photography photoshop pictures playstation police politics president ps3 race real recession relationships religion rihanna school sex sexy sony south summer team television thread twitter vacation video video games vote war wii work xbox youtube yuku"

Interesting keywords for a site for all ages.

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

meta name="Keywords" content="abuse american apple art att basketball big blackberry books cars charity christmas clothing clubs college comics computer crack dance dating democrat dog drugs ebay education environment facebook fat film food free funny games girlfriend girls good google haircut headphones help hot htc iphone ipod itunes japan jay-z job jordan kanye kobe mac madden marvel movies music nba netflix new york new york city news nike niketalk obama paypal people photography photoshop pictures playstation police politics president ps3 race real recession relationships religion rihanna school sex sexy sony south summer team television thread twitter vacation video video games vote war wii work xbox youtube yuku"

Those all come from the search tags. All of the search tags that we the users make get automatically put into the meta tags through Yuku's system for the message boards. 
Thats not by fault of the Mods/Administration. 

Syracusefan.com has a nice forum layout.

You can like peoples responses and you get notifications when someone quotes you, which would be good Also gives you a very readable preview of a post when you bring your cursor over the title.

Those all come from the search tags. All of the search tags that we the users make get automatically put into the meta tags through Yuku's system for the message boards. 

Ah, you're right, didn't even notice since I have the search tag section hidden.

Ah, you're right, didn't even notice since I have the search tag section hidden.
laugh.gif
 It would be WILD if those were the meta tags. You'd be able to search Google for anything and find NT as one of the first results

Just coming back to reiterate .. KTT is probably the cleanest forum I've ever personally been apart of.

Def check it out to get some ideas.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

- Better search function

- a feature where when you click on a thread it brings you to the last page you read... i think ezboard had something similar

Extra:

- mobile app that runs similar to XDA... Its smooth and easy to navigate, user friendly
This! Plus a Rep System.

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

Just coming back to reiterate .. KTT is probably the cleanest forum I've ever personally been apart of.

Def check it out to get some ideas.
Co-sign..
Originally Posted by quik1987

Any updates Method Man?
I know you're extremely busy but..........anything ?

I think an NT app is overdue. I know much more people would visit and post and I'd assume that navigating through the forum would be much easier. NT's layout is great and makes it what it is but an app for smartphones would be great.

Sometimes you don't know how good you've got it 'til it's gone, which seems like a fear a lot of regulars, opposed to the change, have in here.

But on the flip side, sometimes we don't know how bad we've got it 'til there's a change.

I've got faith in Meth and the staff; change is good.

Back
Top Bottom