Brushing/Flossing/Mouth-washing: Before and/or After Breakfast? (Explain Reasoning)

After Waking, When Do You Brush Your Teeth?

• Total voters
https://www.deltadental.com/grinmag/us/en/ddpa/2019/fall/lifestyle/brush-before-breakfast.html

It depends on what your breakfast looks like. If your breakfast consists of food and drinks containing lots of sugar or carbs, like sugary cereals and apple juice, brushing after a meal can help reduce bacteria in your mouth and prevent tooth decay.

But if you’re planning to eat or drink something acidic — such as grapefruit, pineapple, orange juice or even coffee — it’s better to brush before breakfast.

That’s because acid attacks your teeth after you eat, weakening your tooth enamel. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes for saliva to remineralize and restore the enamel to its previous state. Brushing too soon can damage your teeth while your enamel is temporarily weakened. Instead of brushing after breakfast, consider swishing with water to help wash away acids.

If brushing after breakfast is already your jam, wait at least a half hour after eating to prevent damage to your teeth.

The most important thing is to remember to brush every morning for two full minutes as part of your daily routine. This removes bacteria, acid and plaque that build up in your mouth overnight. Plus, it helps get rid of morning breath!

After

1. Avoid tasing toothpaste when eating your breakfast and drinking coffee or OJ or whatever

2. you can clean out everything you ate And have fresh breath instead of it smelling like eggs

3. how is this even a debate?

giphy.gif

Depends on the day.

If Im at home I eat breakfast. Then floss, brush, mouth wash.

If its a work day I wake up, brush teeth, go to work eat breakfast there, then floss, brush, and mouthwash at the gig.

bad breath is a top pet peeve of mine so I make sure to prevent it at all costs. I probably brush my teeth 5 times a day

After

1. Avoid tasing toothpaste when eating your breakfast and drinking coffee or OJ or whatever

2. you can clean out everything you ate And have fresh breath instead of it smelling like eggs

3. how is this even a debate?

So y’all not drinking a bottle of water before going to sleep and when y’all wake up in the morning?

Instead of brushing after breakfast, consider swishing with water to help wash away acids.
Aint this what I've been saying in the food thread? :lol:

So do you only brush your teeth before breakfast? You don't ALSO brush it after eating?
I already answered this in the food thread.

Did you forget?

Make a poll so I can get a list of all the other nasty NTers.

you should brush your teeth throughout the day.... I even have a toothbrush and a tube of Crest 3D white in my car if I'm just driving somewhere I'll start brushing out of nowhere... HAHA!!

there was a time when all the dollar trees and .99 cent stores pulled the Crest 3d whites because I guess they were all expired... it was a few months until they got them back but I paid full price.

I have some white teeth...

That morning plaque is Disgusting, and I just imagine some yellow teeth and ashy lips... OMFG

Back
Top Bottom