Brushing/Flossing/Mouth-washing: Before and/or After Breakfast? (Explain Reasoning)

After Waking, When Do You Brush Your Teeth?

• Total voters
So going with the logic of quite afew, ya brush like 4-6 times a day, depending on how man meals.

seems like overkill and not beleiveable.
That could wear away enamel.

My childhood dentist told me to brush before eating to get rid of the bacteria build-up at night so it doesn't go into your stomach with you breakfast.

Last edited:
https://www.deltadental.com/grinmag/us/en/ddpa/2019/fall/lifestyle/brush-before-breakfast.html

It depends on what your breakfast looks like. If your breakfast consists of food and drinks containing lots of sugar or carbs, like sugary cereals and apple juice, brushing after a meal can help reduce bacteria in your mouth and prevent tooth decay.

But if you’re planning to eat or drink something acidic — such as grapefruit, pineapple, orange juice or even coffee — it’s better to brush before breakfast.

That’s because acid attacks your teeth after you eat, weakening your tooth enamel. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes for saliva to remineralize and restore the enamel to its previous state. Brushing too soon can damage your teeth while your enamel is temporarily weakened. Instead of brushing after breakfast, consider swishing with water to help wash away acids.

If brushing after breakfast is already your jam, wait at least a half hour after eating to prevent damage to your teeth.

The most important thing is to remember to brush every morning for two full minutes as part of your daily routine. This removes bacteria, acid and plaque that build up in your mouth overnight. Plus, it helps get rid of morning breath!

My cousins son brushed his teeth for exactly 20 SECONDS one morning. I said lil n_, 2 minutes MINIMUM!!!! I see why some people got bad breath

Brush my teeth first thing in the morning. After I do eat I swish my mouth with water. It’s crazy how much food is still there. Floss if I have to then listerine.

Apparently, dentists recommend not rinsing immediately after brushing

I’ve been doing it for like two weeks now and I notice the difference. Kinda game changing.

I’ve been doing it for like two weeks now and I notice the difference. Kinda game changing.

So you just spit (pause) the paste out without rinsing and rock out or you stand there for a few minutes before rinsing? I cant imagine waiting around before rinsing.

Yeah. You're supposed to just spit it out. No rinsing

So you just spit (pause) the paste out without rinsing and rock out or you stand there for a few minutes before rinsing? I cant imagine waiting around before rinsing.
I wait about 30 minutes before eating or drinking. Trust me it’s not as bad as it seems. I thought it would be difficult but it’s easy and my breath is fresher for way longer

I wait about 30 minutes before eating or drinking. Trust me it’s not as bad as it seems. I thought it would be difficult but it’s easy and my breath is fresher for way longer

So dont rinse, just brush and go about your day? I never eat or drink for like an hour or two atleast after brushing my teeth anyways cause I dont wanna taste mint.

So dont rinse, just brush and go about your day? I never eat or drink for like an hour or two atleast after brushing my teeth anyways cause I dont wanna taste mint.
Pretty much. When you rinse after brushing, it minimizes the effects that the fluoride is supposed to have on the teeth.

Back
Top Bottom