Bruh, I dont think im ever getting married

I felt exactly how OP felt until I found that one.

Its cowardly to be afraid to get married. What else you afraid of in life? You get a great job you want, you can get fired or laid off.

As I age I realize that the divorce rate is just like everything else in life. Average people get average results with average effort.

I ain't average and neither is my woman.
church (in my pimp c voice)

I felt exactly how OP felt until I found that one.

Its cowardly to be afraid to get married. What else you afraid of in life? You get a great job you want, you can get fired or laid off.

As I age I realize that the divorce rate is just like everything else in life. Average people get average results with average effort.

I ain't average and neither is my woman.

View media item 1416659

I'm probably not the best person to answer this question BUT...

This couple I know are in their early 40's. Been together since college and they had their first child when she was 22. Girl is now in her first year at UCLA. Both have solid jobs make 100kish.

Had two more kids who are now in hs. Never any really big fights in their relationship.

They drive their daughter to UCLA from SF. On the way home he tells his wife how proud he is of what they have done and everything is amazing.

A week later he's living on his boat, not coming home and wants a divorce.

Literally out of the blue.

I never really believed that people change like that, but it happened to them. The wife is literally heart broken and has NO idea what happened.

My theory is he wasn't happy and was just waiting until his lil girl went away to school.

If you're in your late teens or early 20's, marriage shouldn't even be in your thoughts. This is the point in your life where you need to focus on YOU. Finishing school, starting a career, etc. Relationships will come and go, but if you find the right one, see if she can stick with you during this process of YOUR development. If she's still there at the end, then yea...maybe she's the one. If you're still single but have a lot going for you by way of a good job, having school behind you, etc., I'll almost guarantee you'll find someone who will meet your expectations as you go through life. No need to rush or jump into anything. Trust me...the way you think as a younger person (teens/early 20s) will be COMPLETELY different than how you think when you're a little older (late 20's/30s).

I think your 20's is the best time to be selfish. I'm finally at the point where I'm making really good money, not in debt at all. Why not go to Vegas 5x a yr? Why not travel the world?

My mom asked me the other day if I was going to hop back into dating and I told her probably not for a yr or two. I'm just going to casually date and see what I truly like and want in a partner.

It don't matter how solid you think your S/O is or if you been together 10, 20+ years they can still switch up on you. Even the ones that no one ever expected to go outside the marriage can play you. It's a calculated risk I suppose, but the proposition as a man in the country if you really got things going for you financially it just doesn't seem worth it. Cot damn :smh:

Real talk.

If you wanna know if your girl really loves you, put that prenup in her face.

I think your 20's is the best time to be selfish. I'm finally at the point where I'm making really good money, not in debt at all. Why not go to Vegas 5x a yr? Why not travel the world?

My mom asked me the other day if I was going to hop back into dating and I told her probably not for a yr or two. I'm just going to casually date and see what I truly like and want in a partner.

You sir are doing it right.

It don't matter how solid you think your S/O is or if you been together 10, 20+ years they can still switch up on you. Even the ones that no one ever expected to go outside the marriage can play you. It's a calculated risk I suppose, but the proposition as a man in the country if you really got things going for you financially it just doesn't seem worth it. Cot damn :smh:

Real talk.

If you wanna know if your girl really loves you, put that prenup in her face.

Or marry women that have as much as you do :wink:

Last edited:

This is pretty much what it comes down to.

There will probably come a time when you have gotten everything out of your system and will be ready for a change....but until that day, focus on yourself.

Real ****. My problem is, right now I'm meeting a number of women who are of quality and I don't know if they will be around or if women of the same caliber will be around when it comes time for me to settle down.

This is pretty much what it comes down to.

There will probably come a time when you have gotten everything out of your system and will be ready for a change....but until that day, focus on yourself.

I was honestly in a relationship where I could have married the girl. We connected like we both had never with anyone. But I'm 27 and she's 25... We both had a lot of stuff we wanted to do.

It sucks, but it is what it is. If we met five years from now we probably would get married, but that's not the way life works.

Real ****. My problem is, right now I'm meeting a number of women who are of quality and I don't know if they will be around or if women of the same caliber will be around when it comes time for me to settle down.

That's a good thing. They are attracted to you. That caliber (I personally think) will always be around you. What's going to change for you? Probably make more money... Buy a house, etc etc... All good things.

My big thing right now is just getting out and living.

When I was younger I always wanted what my grandparents had... High school sweethearts, she was his cheerleader... Spent 75 years together.

Life isn't like that anymore.

Bro that's cowardly thinking.

if you are pulling quality women now they ain't going to just up and vanish 4 years from now. You have to give yourself more credit than that.

Life your life and when you ready you ready.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to have the insight of someone on here who's 40+ and has been married at least 15 years. Some in here can't grasp the perspective opposite of theirs, which is expected. Weighing whether or not a marriage would last with your S/O is important and can save you a lot of frustration, sadness, and money lose. Being wary about it doesn't make you a coward, but smart. If you know the worth(intrinsically) of your S/O and believe deep down tying the knot is what you want but you don't do it out of fear then that's when you should be looking at yourself and figuring out why.

I'm probably not the best person to answer this question BUT...

This couple I know are in their early 40's. Been together since college and they had their first child when she was 22. Girl is now in her first year at UCLA. Both have solid jobs make 100kish.

Had two more kids who are now in hs. Never any really big fights in their relationship.

They drive their daughter to UCLA from SF. On the way home he tells his wife how proud he is of what they have done and everything is amazing.

A week later he's living on his boat, not coming home and wants a divorce.

Literally out of the blue.

I never really believed that people change like that, but it happened to them. The wife is literally heart broken and has NO idea what happened.

My theory is he wasn't happy and was just waiting until his lil girl went away to school.

A situation similar to this is what inspired this thread.

Last edited:
I'd like to hear from someone older who is married and from someone older who isn't... and then someone older that is divorced.

Let's start a study :nerd:

Bro that's cowardly thinking.

if you are pulling quality women now they ain't going to just up and vanish 4 years from now. You have to give yourself more credit than that.

Life your life and when you ready you ready.

They will if his hairline does.

Would be interesting to have the insight of someone on here who's 40+ and has been married at least 15 years. Some in here can't grasp the perspective opposite of theirs, which is expected. Weighing whether or not a marriage would last with your S/O is important and can save you a lot of frustration, sadness, and money lose. Being wary about it doesn't make you a coward, but smart. If you know the worth(intrinsically) of your S/O and believe deep down tying the knot is what you want but you don't do it out of fear then that's when you should be looking at yourself and figuring out why.

Every married couple i know is happy, and currently divorced ones put up the same front when they were married as well. Nothing wrong with being wary so you don't make the same mistakes.

The old "you're just not mature enough" response...

Smh

anything Else in your life that had a 52% chance of failings....

You'd go into it with some kind of insurance or backup plan

But marriage is different because...

..?

Name one day thing that statistically fails more than it succeeds and your willing to put your wealth on it...

And I'm not even counting the people that are staying together just for the kids sake

Smh

..?

Name one day thing that statistically fails more than it succeeds and your willing to put your wealth on it...

And I'm not even counting the people that are staying together just for the kids sake

****** play the lotto everyday b

Smh

..?

Buying Yeezys

Why pay attention to statistics? Focus on YOUR relationship. Unless it's in my immediate family or close friends, I'm not worried about the next couple and their ups/downs. It's good to be aware, but you can't be hung up on what others are doing...or not doing.

A situation similar to this is what inspired this thread.

40 plus....check
15 years in? I'm a little short. Will be 14 in June.

What you got?

Back
Top Bottom