Bruh, I dont think im ever getting married

Not religious in the slightest, so all that propaganda just gets deflected off me.

Just see marriage as a legal contract, the importance of it created and pushed on us entirely by our own society.

Legally binding contract, if it's real, won't need titles. Apparently you don't love your partner though if you're not willing to risk your finances when the divorce rate is so damn high there's a higher chance of your marriage failing these days than succeeding.

No problem with women at all. If I run into the right chick I would happily date her until im 6 under.. But marriage? Nah, not necessary.

Young dude though.. Although im 100% certain my thoughts on this will not budge.

Queue 30-year old NT'ers running off on tangents trying to explain otherwise.

Last edited:
You are three years in, which I wouldn't consider a long time, first off.
Second, I never said anything about being scared of losing money in a divorce. I didn't say anything about divorce at all in my post. But it's pretty much a giving that like 8.74% of women actually believe in for better or worse if that, but i mean if no one cheats and money doesn't get tight and your schedules don't keep you apart, I don't see any reason things wouldn't work out.

All that said. I gave no reasons not to get married... I asked for a reason TO get married... To which you say only because you love your wife. So if you didn't get married you think she would've got tired of waiting for a ring and left you despite you two loving each other and living your whole lives together? You can't live together and spend money and take trips without being married? Exactly my point. It's just not necessary. It shouldn't change anything. The only thing that changes is when you go to family functions they say oh So- and-so's wife, instead of girlfriend. Which is important to her because women need to be able to have status for the sake of stunting on other women and not feeling like their getting played. But don't act like it's about you. Which is why I said specifically... No reason for a MAN to get married. You don't have to be hurt to have this mindset, just rational. But we know love ain't rational so why bother. I just want everyone to be aware. 

.... Unless of course you got a better excuse than "I love her". Duh... that's why you proposed in the first place. The marriage didn't change that.

sorry i blended in other people's responses to yours. especially with the money
I never said 3 years is long to be married, i was just stating how long i've been, i'm sure had i not said the length, you or someone else would've asked. I can't give YOU reasons to be married you have to figure that out yourself. I'm just givng reasons why i got married. Yeah you could take trips and spend money and live together and not be married. I couldn't do that, because I feel like the relationship wouldn't have any focus or some end goal. I couldn't spend the rest of my life with someone and just be their boyfriend, especially when it comes to bills. I take pride in having a wife
Theres a difference between boyfriend and husband/girlfriend and wife, especially when you go through your normal everyday lives and interact with the opposite sex.

to each his own though

Not religious in the slightest, so all that propaganda just gets deflected off me.

Just see marriage as a legal contract, the importance of it created and pushed on us entirely by our own society.

Legally binding contract, if it's real, won't need titles. Apparently you don't love your partner though if you're not willing to risk your finances when the divorce rate is so damn high there's a higher chance of your marriage failing these days than succeeding.

No problem with women at all. If I run into the right chick I would happily date her until im 6 under.. But marriage? Nah, not necessary.

Young dude though.. Although im 100% certain my thoughts on this will not budge.

Dudes who are happily married will say it's worth it...

But putting aside the façade of security from another person...

Most men has very little to gain from marriage and a lot to lose when it comes to tangibles.

And this is coming from a guy that will get married some day.

Same. But when it comes down it, selfish, yes, but I just don't want to be alone in my sixties still out here pimpin. I'd much rather go through the wringer with someone that'll be there.

Yall know what common law marriage is?

Yall know what common law marriage is?
Yes...

You gon look goofy as **** at 65 talking bout you gotta go over to your girl's crib. You're gonna have children?

Same. But when it comes down it, selfish, yes, but I just don't want to be alone in my sixties still out here pimpin. I'd much rather go through the wringer with someone that'll be there.
That's where it come down too i just couldn't be that old cat at the club trying to pull chicks so they can ride in my drop top vette 
sick.gif

Y'all dudes acting scorned as hell right now. Stop messin with the birds and find a decent girl, grow old together, and live life together.

Funny, but being old and alone is one of those tangents im talking about..

Don't need to be married to be committed, and in my state common-law marriage isn't recognized.

You're going to reach for the upvotes though, do your thing.

are we as men admitting we have can't control our women? And by control I mean lead our women into a a lasting relationship

I tell my mom that it's a different breed of females out here today...

You can't even find a chick who cooks, and not to mention the lack of house keeping skills.

I'd rather stay single.

I think as I get older my view may change, impossible to tell really. But more than ever you gotta know what to look for if you want a lasting relationship. And have the ability to adjust and be open with your S/O.

Last edited:
I tell my mom that it's a different breed of females out here today...

You can't even find a chick who cooks, and not to mention the lack of house keeping skills.

I'd rather stay single.

Ain't gon lie, it really isn't nice out there, but I stay positive. Till that angel pops up, i'll keep having fun with the ones out here who mistakenly believe they got the juice now but don't realize no one's rushing to make them wife.

Well, from the sounds of it, I guess we're about to die off as a species. That, or there is going to be a WHOLE lot of illegitimates running around here :lol:

I can't give YOU reasons to be married you have to figure that out yourself. I'm just giving reasons why i got married.

Yeah you could take trips and spend money and live together and not be married. I couldn't do that, because I feel like the relationship wouldn't have any focus or some end goal.

Theres a difference between boyfriend and husband/girlfriend and wife, especially when you go through your normal everyday lives and interact with the opposite sex. 

to each his own though
First statement, is the entirety of my point. There really isn't any rational reason, just da feels. That's all I wanted to say.

Fundamental difference between our perspective on unmarried life. To me it's not a BF/GF thing.. they are my partner. we support each other. we try new things together. we make money together. we enjoy life together. Love is just the result of having experiences that you have together that bind you closer together. Half nostalgia and half excitement for the future.

I think we represent the two views that should be the end of the thread. Either you're proud of being married because you believe in the institution or you don't see additional benefit and it looks superficial. To base your decision on money and doubt isn't really about the marriage, it's about the person you don't believe in.

/End
Lot's of dudes who had that mindset still end up in the same scenario. Some sad, some flourishing with younger women..
and lot's of wealthy dudes who would've never had their wealth and options if they settled down into a family instead of marrying their career.

I'm good with the Jordan Belfort life til I die. With or without a duchess.

Last edited:
I felt exactly how OP felt until I found that one.

Its cowardly to be afraid to get married. What else you afraid of in life? You get a great job you want, you can get fired or laid off.

As I age I realize that the divorce rate is just like everything else in life. Average people get average results with average effort.

I ain't average and neither is my woman.

Back
Top Bottom