> Bronx teenager puts bookbag on BMW, gets slashed by driver

A 16-year-old Bronx teen was slashed ear-to-ear Wednesday by a driver who went berserk when the teen put his bookbag on the hood of the man's prized BMW.

Tenth-grader Gabriel Quinones was at a Throgs Neck bus stop on his way to school when he plunked his bag on the hood of a gray BMW parked on Hutchinson River Parkway East.

The outraged driver jumped out of the car and started screaming at Quinones.

When the teen talked back, the driver pulled a knife and stabbed him once in the chest and slashed him five to six times across the face and neck, police sources said.

"I can't believe the guy did this over a backpack, putting it on a car!" said Quinones' 78-year-old grandmother, Gabriela Gomez.

Quinones, a sophomore at the Bronx Center for Science and Mathematics, was in critical, but stable condition at Jacobi Medical Center.

"They said he died and came back to life," the victim's grandmother said, as she pantomimed her grandson's wounds by dragging her finger across her own throat.

"His eyes are open but he can't talk."

A quick-thinking witness jotted down the car's license-plate number,and police traced the 2005 BMW X5 to Kayanne Ferguson, 29, of the Bronx.

The driver got a lawyer and told Bronx detectives he would turn himself in, but did not immediately do so.

"To do this to a kid, over something so minor - the kid is lucky to be alive," a police source said.

Theteen was stabbed shortly after 10 a.m. Wednesday at a bus stop nearPublic School 160. Several parents of elementary-school children sawthe bloody aftermath.

"He was ... sitting with blood on his face," said Cecilio Valle, 50, who had just dropped his 9-year-old son off at PS 160.

Gabriel was neatly dressed in his school's uniform - dark blue pants and a light blue dress shirt.

Valleat first thought the teen had fallen and hurt himself, but he soonlearned that what had happened was no childhood accident.

"It's crazy. It was a kid!"

Gabriel's father, Martin, said his son was a quiet kid who never ran with a rough crowd.

"He'sa good kid. We play paintball sometimes. He goes to school and staysout of trouble," the Metropolitan Transportation Authority employeesaid.

"I'm working all night when I get a call that this had happened. I can't even imagine. ... I'm just glad my kid survived."

http://www.nydailynews.co...bookbag_on_bmw_gets_.html

Over a damn bookbag
smh.gif

I don't get why the kid would argue back after putting his bookbag on someone elses car. Probably wouldve saved him from all the trouble.

Originally Posted by ceelo4

I don't get why the kid would argue back after putting his bookbag on someone elses car. Probably wouldve saved him from all the trouble.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Agreed x 10.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Either way, dude didn't deserve to get slashed.[/color]

Id put a stack that it was a 3 series. 3 series drivers stay thinking they drive a Ferrari or something

Thats foul, but guarantee you me...

People would not feel the same way if he wasn't a minor.

The driver took it too far minor or not. Shouldn't hit a minor regardless of the situation, but to do what he did to anybody, foul regardless...

If it wasn't a minor and had he not slashed him, perhaps just stomped dude into oblivion I'd be okay with it.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Maybe for an M6.....................

Nah not even, if you have an m6 then someone doing that shouldn't phase you....

Why? Because obviously you got that m6 guap...

Plus its just uncalled for, over any car. I don't give a damn if it was a Bugatti Veyron still uncalled for...

Originally Posted by ceelo4

You can not think he was talking back in a bad way. He could have been telling the driver why he did. etc.

Hope this guy goes to jail for a long time.

Skip that.. Im pretty sure that teen deserved it. The article said he talked back.. Teens these days dont have no respect...Even when I driving downsidestreets those teens int he streets will not move. I use to wait for them but know i keep driving even faster and make them jump out the street and thenthey usually cuss me out.. skip that, get out the street, you dont own the street..

But all in all these teens these days need to learn respect

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

Id put a stack that it was a 3 series. 3 series drivers stay thinking they drive a Ferrari or something

reading is fundamental.

I got a J.D. homeboy. I'll sue you for defamation...Fall back pronto...And you just proved my point (you probably wont be able to analogize why though)

Originally Posted by superbness

Skip that.. Im pretty sure that teen deserved it. The article said he talked back.. Teens these days dont have no respect...Even when I driving down sidestreets those teens int he streets will not move. I use to wait for them but know i keep driving even faster and make them jump out the street and then they usually cuss me out.. skip that, get out the street, you dont own the street..

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
The teen was STABBED and SLASHED across the face. That was practicallyattempted murder. I dont like dudes standing in the street while im driving either but i aint gonna try and kill them.

Originally Posted by superbness

Skip that.. Im pretty sure that teen deserved it. The article said he talked back.. Teens these days dont have no respect...Even when I driving down sidestreets those teens int he streets will not move. I use to wait for them but know i keep driving even faster and make them jump out the street and then they usually cuss me out.. skip that, get out the street, you dont own the street..

A 150 and getting stabbed over that?! The judge is going to throw the book at him.

Back
Top Bottom