Brett Favre is Sports Illustraded's Sportsman of the Year

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

^ when did Favre become a "complete bum" ????

Way to change the subject.

Can you make up your mind? Is the award about how good the player has been over the last year or is it about how classy of a guy he is when he's playing?

You said that the award was about how classy a guy was. And I ask again, if that is why the award is given for, then how come some guy who shows true sportsmanship but who is not a good player never won the award? Because there's clearly a measurment of how of a player he was.. And like I said, he's not even the best at his position at the sport he's playing.

I never said anything, I quoted the article. Make up my mind??? My mind isset, Brett Favre was named Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year, an award given to the athlete who Sports Illustrated feels best symbolizes the ideals ofsportsmanship. That's it.

Maybe SI feels like the few players better than Favre are complete jerks, i don't know, send them an email.

and i have no idea why some would be mad over this. you all act like he was given the MVP. nobody remembers guys because of how many SI Sportsman of the Yearawards they have.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Can you make up your mind? Is the award about how good the player has been over the last year or is it about how classy of a guy he is when he's playing?

You said that the award was about how classy a guy was. And I ask again, if that is why the award is given for, then how come some guy who shows true sportsmanship but who is not a good player never won the award? Because there's clearly a measurment of how of a player he was.. And like I said, he's not even the best at his position at the sport he's playing.

tom brady is a whiner. hes not a "good sport"

Favre is one of the best QBs of all time, a Hall of Famer whos having the best season of his entire career (minus last week of course). and hes one of the most liked players in the NFL... maybe the most liked player.

get over it, the people at SI know more than you

SI knows more than me? I happen to know the facts. I don't care how good of a season Favre is having. Because it's nowhere near as good as the absolutejuggernaut of a season Tom Brady is having. Twice as many touchdown passes as Favre on twice as few interceptions.. And a much higher passer rating. Not tomention a better team record. What other measurment are you looking for, exactly? You can't compare how they're playing so you mention some crap abouthow much liked Favre is than Brady. Of course people hate Brady. He beat 12 of their teams and noone wants him to finish undefeated.

of course he wins it... who else?
eyes.gif

First of all, before you guys start whining, you should really read the article. There is a lot of things I never knew about him and I live in Green Bay. Iknow he did these things out of his heart and not for the glory.

My dad and sister are each mentioned in the article, so I can personally relate to how he has impacted people's lives. My sister plays in the MiracleLeague of Green Bay, and they play their games at Brett Favre Field. His money transformed the park from a dirt infield with a backstop to a state of the artrubberized surface that gives all kids a chance to play on. When I go and watch my sister play, and you see these children who feel like they are part of ateam for once, its hard for me not to get choked up about. I have so much respect for the man, and I know many of you on here are always quick to rip on him, Iguess I don't really care. I think the award is well deserved.

^ that's what's up. People always complain that pro athletes don't get back to their communities but things like this always happens if you lookat them closely. I always respect Brett Farve for what he's done on the gridiron and now that respect goes much higher now.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

tom brady is a whiner. hes not a "good sport"

Favre is one of the best QBs of all time, a Hall of Famer whos having the best season of his entire career (minus last week of course). and hes one of the most liked players in the NFL... maybe the most liked player.

get over it, the people at SI know more than you

SI knows more than me? I happen to know the facts. I don't care how good of a season Favre is having. Because it's nowhere near as good as the absolute juggernaut of a season Tom Brady is having. Twice as many touchdown passes as Favre on twice as few interceptions.. And a much higher passer rating. Not to mention a better team record. What other measurment are you looking for, exactly? You can't compare how they're playing so you mention some crap about how much liked Favre is than Brady. Of course people hate Brady. He beat 12 of their teams and noone wants him to finish undefeated.

oh, ok.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Federer not winning this award even once in the past 3 years is complete robbery. Not only is he arguably the most dominant athlete in the world, his UNICEFcontributions throughout the world in the past few years are second to none when it comes to athletes.

Back
Top Bottom