Breaking up with your barber and finding a better one Appreciation. vol :hat

This thread is telling me to step up my haircut game...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Went to Greatclips (it was a 7 dollar special), told the woman what I didn't want... ended up so bad I just told her to give me a buzz cut. I'm going to an actual barber from here on out.

This thread is telling me to step up my haircut game...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Went to Greatclips (it was a 7 dollar special), told the woman what I didn't want... ended up so bad I just told her to give me a buzz cut. I'm going to an actual barber from here on out.

that norelco business is stupid and redundant, anyone that does that doesnt have a certificate.

but in any case a good barber is whats up.
had to cut one out of rotation 6 months back (I keep a few in different places in case I'm running around)

that norelco business is stupid and redundant, anyone that does that doesnt have a certificate.

but in any case a good barber is whats up.
had to cut one out of rotation 6 months back (I keep a few in different places in case I'm running around)

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

My barber had been slacking off for sometime. Talking on the phone and laughing while giving my cut especially when its time to line me up/tape. I'd even call dude just to see if he's at the shop, he'd say "yea, come thru" and i'd end up sitting in the parking lot waiting for his @&&. Honestly dude didn't appreciate me but that's ok, I moved on to the next.

I started seeing this new barber. First time he cut my hair I knew I'd be back. He gave me the regular cut and line up then went above and beyond by using a razor to make sure the line up was on some Steve Harvey/Jamie Foxx @#$%. Some of you might be used to it but I wasn't. He then pulled out the Norelco just to make sure he got everything. He completes me. I don't have the pretty boy swag but its on a hunnid trillyon thouzand. $20 but I get what I pay for.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Haven't seen my old barber since. Not sure what I'll tell him if I see him in the streets.

I HATE when barbers dont pay complete attention to my cut!!! Bothers me to the fullest! But how I'ma sit there and say "you need to pay attention to what you doin!" and tell dude how to do his job? So I just let that boy cook and do his thing... If you dont take pride in what you do enough, then it's just not in you. I shouldnt have to tell anybody to pay attention to their job. That's a character flaw. I even thought about going to barber school and gettin my license so I can get some good cuts out here in this damn city. It would be straight income for me too, since my fam actually has a salon out here in College Park.

But what's worse than "breaking up" with your barber is finding a new one! I HATE the process and I usually end up just settling for some mediocre dude that does an ok job. I need a GOOD barber out here in Atlanta.
PREACH

When i went to Emory I started going to "Faith" in Little 5 next to the Best Buy. My dude Swift
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

My barber had been slacking off for sometime. Talking on the phone and laughing while giving my cut especially when its time to line me up/tape. I'd even call dude just to see if he's at the shop, he'd say "yea, come thru" and i'd end up sitting in the parking lot waiting for his @&&. Honestly dude didn't appreciate me but that's ok, I moved on to the next.

I started seeing this new barber. First time he cut my hair I knew I'd be back. He gave me the regular cut and line up then went above and beyond by using a razor to make sure the line up was on some Steve Harvey/Jamie Foxx @#$%. Some of you might be used to it but I wasn't. He then pulled out the Norelco just to make sure he got everything. He completes me. I don't have the pretty boy swag but its on a hunnid trillyon thouzand. $20 but I get what I pay for.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Haven't seen my old barber since. Not sure what I'll tell him if I see him in the streets.

I HATE when barbers dont pay complete attention to my cut!!! Bothers me to the fullest! But how I'ma sit there and say "you need to pay attention to what you doin!" and tell dude how to do his job? So I just let that boy cook and do his thing... If you dont take pride in what you do enough, then it's just not in you. I shouldnt have to tell anybody to pay attention to their job. That's a character flaw. I even thought about going to barber school and gettin my license so I can get some good cuts out here in this damn city. It would be straight income for me too, since my fam actually has a salon out here in College Park.

But what's worse than "breaking up" with your barber is finding a new one! I HATE the process and I usually end up just settling for some mediocre dude that does an ok job. I need a GOOD barber out here in Atlanta.
PREACH

When i went to Emory I started going to "Faith" in Little 5 next to the Best Buy. My dude Swift
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by zapatito007

lol the worst is switching up ur barber with a different  baber in da same shop,,,

You playing with fire son
laugh.gif

Nah man I'm in the process too.

This other dude in the barber shop that used to be the wack dude that nobody would go to is now the best
laugh.gif
he been there for like almost 15 years I think, and he stays busy all the time now too.

I remember when he couldn't pay someone to cut their hair, but he was young back then and now he's in his 20's and he's doing his thing... he doesn't slack off either he is a little slow but that's because he pays attention to detail.

I'm going to start going to him early Saturday morning and I got one of the nicest dudes in Queens, probably in NYC, but son is always booked up to the teeth.  You have to call him like 3-5 weeks in advance to make an appointment... he's off the hook nice though.

I'm also going to try this Dominican barbershop where I seen dude and he look like he had some skills too... so to hell with my old barber.  As I'm typing this I'm checking out my cut and he pushed me back as usual... not just the hairline... the curve on the sides don't match up and one is pushed back further than the other.

I look at it like this... getting your hair cut is a service and you're paying for the service so if you choose to take your business and money else where then so be it... like dude a couple of replies back said... someone will replace you and it's ongoing like that.

Also, to OP, like someone else said... when you first start going to them then they'll lace you and take care of you, but after time it's like they become comfortable or something.

lol the worst is switching up ur barber with a different  baber in da same shop,,,

Indeed.  It's awkward, yet funny.
laugh.gif

Indeed.  It's awkward, yet funny.
laugh.gif

You playing with fire son
laugh.gif

Nah man I'm in the process too.

This other dude in the barber shop that used to be the wack dude that nobody would go to is now the best
laugh.gif
he been there for like almost 15 years I think, and he stays busy all the time now too.

I remember when he couldn't pay someone to cut their hair, but he was young back then and now he's in his 20's and he's doing his thing... he doesn't slack off either he is a little slow but that's because he pays attention to detail.

I'm going to start going to him early Saturday morning and I got one of the nicest dudes in Queens, probably in NYC, but son is always booked up to the teeth.  You have to call him like 3-5 weeks in advance to make an appointment... he's off the hook nice though.

I'm also going to try this Dominican barbershop where I seen dude and he look like he had some skills too... so to hell with my old barber.  As I'm typing this I'm checking out my cut and he pushed me back as usual... not just the hairline... the curve on the sides don't match up and one is pushed back further than the other.

I look at it like this... getting your hair cut is a service and you're paying for the service so if you choose to take your business and money else where then so be it... like dude a couple of replies back said... someone will replace you and it's ongoing like that.

Also, to OP, like someone else said... when you first start going to them then they'll lace you and take care of you, but after time it's like they become comfortable or something.

Originally Posted by JPZx

adhmyq.png
laugh.gif

totally feel you OP

there's no relationship like the one you have with your barber, no romo.  When you get to the point where you don't even have to tell your barber what kinda cut you want, it's 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

adhmyq.png
laugh.gif

totally feel you OP

there's no relationship like the one you have with your barber, no romo.  When you get to the point where you don't even have to tell your barber what kinda cut you want, it's 
pimp.gif

Did this and at first the ex-barber would ice grill me, but it's cool now.

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

Breaking up with your barber and never going back Appreciation!

Dreadlocks FTW.
any long hair FTW. I mean, how many bad haircuts does it take for people to understand
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

Breaking up with your barber and never going back Appreciation!

Dreadlocks FTW.
any long hair FTW. I mean, how many bad haircuts does it take for people to understand
ohwell.gif

took me almost a year to find the right barber after cuttin my hair back in august 09' went to like 4 or 5 diff guys , found him this summer

now that im about to go back to school next week, im thinkin about makin that trip back home once a month for the cut
its only an hour drive.... the price to pay to have a great cut

took me almost a year to find the right barber after cuttin my hair back in august 09' went to like 4 or 5 diff guys , found him this summer

now that im about to go back to school next week, im thinkin about makin that trip back home once a month for the cut
its only an hour drive.... the price to pay to have a great cut

i got a reality check when i cheated on my main barber with a local cat , i could just feel he wasnt cutting my wig the way i wanted it done . i mean crapy fade , and even worse lines and beard i nearly had to cut it off . Went back to my regular barber today and felt relieved to trust him . and the cut is fireeee
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, lucky me my backup works in the same shop and can lace a cut any time
pimp.gif
. 20 bucks ill gladly pay

i got a reality check when i cheated on my main barber with a local cat , i could just feel he wasnt cutting my wig the way i wanted it done . i mean crapy fade , and even worse lines and beard i nearly had to cut it off . Went back to my regular barber today and felt relieved to trust him . and the cut is fireeee
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, lucky me my backup works in the same shop and can lace a cut any time
pimp.gif
. 20 bucks ill gladly pay

Originally Posted by AG 47

laugh.gif
My barber does talk on the phone and I haven't got that fresh first time haircut in awhile....but dude is like the best barber down here, if I move then it will be like downgrading

How much ya'll pay?
$15 ($3 tip included)

Originally Posted by AG 47

laugh.gif
My barber does talk on the phone and I haven't got that fresh first time haircut in awhile....but dude is like the best barber down here, if I move then it will be like downgrading

How much ya'll pay?
$15 ($3 tip included)

Originally Posted by eddiee21

They always do the best when it's your first cut with them. Then eventually they get all sloppy. I hate that %*@!, and when they talk on their celly white cutting my hair.

word. first time trying out a new barber dude pulled the same thing like op said. razor line up, and going over it with the norelco
pimp.gif

came back 2 more times expecting the same thing but just ended up with a lineup with a t outliner
smh.gif

now i want to switch to a different barber in the same shop. haven't gotten cut by him but how's my barber gonna be on his cell and cut me up and finish BEFORE the other dude doin the same cut.

Originally Posted by eddiee21

They always do the best when it's your first cut with them. Then eventually they get all sloppy. I hate that %*@!, and when they talk on their celly white cutting my hair.

word. first time trying out a new barber dude pulled the same thing like op said. razor line up, and going over it with the norelco
pimp.gif

came back 2 more times expecting the same thing but just ended up with a lineup with a t outliner
smh.gif

now i want to switch to a different barber in the same shop. haven't gotten cut by him but how's my barber gonna be on his cell and cut me up and finish BEFORE the other dude doin the same cut.

Back
Top Bottom