Breaking up with your barber and finding a better one Appreciation. vol :hat

My barber had been slacking off for sometime. Talking on the phone and laughing while giving my cut especially when its time to line me up/tape. I'd even call dude just to see if he's at the shop, he'd say "yea, come thru" and i'd end up sitting in the parking lot waiting for his @&&. Honestly dude didn't appreciate me but that's ok, I moved on to the next.

I started seeing this new barber. First time he cut my hair I knew I'd be back. He gave me the regular cut and line up then went above and beyond by using a razor to make sure the line up was on some Steve Harvey/Jamie Foxx @#$%. Some of you might be used to it but I wasn't. He then pulled out the Norelco just to make sure he got everything. He completes me. I don't have the pretty boy swag but its on a hunnid trillyon thouzand. $20 but I get what I pay for.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Haven't seen my old barber since. Not sure what I'll tell him if I see him in the streets.

My barber had been slacking off for sometime. Talking on the phone and laughing while giving my cut especially when its time to line me up/tape. I'd even call dude just to see if he's at the shop, he'd say "yea, come thru" and i'd end up sitting in the parking lot waiting for his @&&. Honestly dude didn't appreciate me but that's ok, I moved on to the next.

I started seeing this new barber. First time he cut my hair I knew I'd be back. He gave me the regular cut and line up then went above and beyond by using a razor to make sure the line up was on some Steve Harvey/Jamie Foxx @#$%. Some of you might be used to it but I wasn't. He then pulled out the Norelco just to make sure he got everything. He completes me. I don't have the pretty boy swag but its on a hunnid trillyon thouzand. $20 but I get what I pay for.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Haven't seen my old barber since. Not sure what I'll tell him if I see him in the streets.

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I HATE when barbers dont pay complete attention to my cut!!! Bothers me to the fullest! But how I'ma sit there and say "you need to pay attention to what you doin!" and tell dude how to do his job? So I just let that boy cook and do his thing... If you dont take pride in what you do enough, then it's just not in you. I shouldnt have to tell anybody to pay attention to their job. That's a character flaw. I even thought about going to barber school and gettin my license so I can get some good cuts out here in this damn city. It would be straight income for me too, since my fam actually has a salon out here in College Park.

But what's worse than "breaking up" with your barber is finding a new one! I HATE the process and I usually end up just settling for some mediocre dude that does an ok job. I need a GOOD barber out here in Atlanta.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I HATE when barbers dont pay complete attention to my cut!!! Bothers me to the fullest! But how I'ma sit there and say "you need to pay attention to what you doin!" and tell dude how to do his job? So I just let that boy cook and do his thing... If you dont take pride in what you do enough, then it's just not in you. I shouldnt have to tell anybody to pay attention to their job. That's a character flaw. I even thought about going to barber school and gettin my license so I can get some good cuts out here in this damn city. It would be straight income for me too, since my fam actually has a salon out here in College Park.

But what's worse than "breaking up" with your barber is finding a new one! I HATE the process and I usually end up just settling for some mediocre dude that does an ok job. I need a GOOD barber out here in Atlanta.

They always do the best when it's your first cut with them. Then eventually they get all sloppy. I hate that %*@!, and when they talk on their celly white cutting my hair.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That's the only thing that kept me around all these years, finding a new barber. I feel lucky, lol.. l l ... so many times I felt like telling my barber you can stop and continue when you're done lallygagging, lol

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That's the only thing that kept me around all these years, finding a new barber. I feel lucky, lol.. l l ... so many times I felt like telling my barber you can stop and continue when you're done lallygagging, lol

They always do the best when it's your first cut with them. Then eventually they get all sloppy. I hate that %*@!, and when they talk on their celly white cutting my hair.

Story of my life this week, ironic that you post this. Three weeks ago, I text my barber....3 hours later. No answer, I'm in a rush so I go to another spot. The next day he text back, I'm like wth? And I never respond...fast forward to last week, dude pushes my airline back, almost on purpose it seems. And he knows better because I told him about that for the longest. This week, I was like Eff it, I'm cheating on him (pause). I went to another barber, and I swear this lady gave me hair I didn't know I had. I never felt so clean....edit*, what's worst is bumping into your old barber in public, when Ur sporting a fresh fade. I usually hit them with the "oh I been hookin myself up lately"

Story of my life this week, ironic that you post this. Three weeks ago, I text my barber....3 hours later. No answer, I'm in a rush so I go to another spot. The next day he text back, I'm like wth? And I never respond...fast forward to last week, dude pushes my airline back, almost on purpose it seems. And he knows better because I told him about that for the longest. This week, I was like Eff it, I'm cheating on him (pause). I went to another barber, and I swear this lady gave me hair I didn't know I had. I never felt so clean....edit*, what's worst is bumping into your old barber in public, when Ur sporting a fresh fade. I usually hit them with the "oh I been hookin myself up lately"

I was meaning to mention:

About lining up with a razor, I HATE when they go back in your line and make a second line, and it looks good for that first day until your hair starts growing back. 
mad.gif
 Using a razor is all good, if you dont have to go back in my hairline to do it. Just keep it consistant with my line.

I ALWAYS tell my barbers to keep my line as close as possible to my original line.

I was meaning to mention:

About lining up with a razor, I HATE when they go back in your line and make a second line, and it looks good for that first day until your hair starts growing back. 
mad.gif
 Using a razor is all good, if you dont have to go back in my hairline to do it. Just keep it consistant with my line.

I ALWAYS tell my barbers to keep my line as close as possible to my original line.

Breaking up with your barber and never going back Appreciation!

Dreadlocks FTW.

Breaking up with your barber and never going back Appreciation!

Dreadlocks FTW.

You should always have a back up barber, ALWAYS. You don't necessarily have to go to the back up all of the time, just know of a place/someone
that can cut your hair good should your normal baber not be there/mess up. I had to switch barbers about 5 years ago because he gave me the Flo Rida
line up one too many times. I just stopped going to that shop. I haven't run into him on the street either, not that it would matter. Don't think your barber
would care that much if you stop getting your hair cut by him. There is always someone who will take your place whether he cuts hair good or bad. That's
just the way it works.

You should always have a back up barber, ALWAYS. You don't necessarily have to go to the back up all of the time, just know of a place/someone
that can cut your hair good should your normal baber not be there/mess up. I had to switch barbers about 5 years ago because he gave me the Flo Rida
line up one too many times. I just stopped going to that shop. I haven't run into him on the street either, not that it would matter. Don't think your barber
would care that much if you stop getting your hair cut by him. There is always someone who will take your place whether he cuts hair good or bad. That's
just the way it works.

Finding a new barber that you can trust at a new area sucks. Just last year that I moved down here in torrance I hit up this one barbershop that cut my hair a lot faster than where I use to go down in LA. $13 bucks for a quick clean cut.
pimp.gif

Finding a new barber that you can trust at a new area sucks. Just last year that I moved down here in torrance I hit up this one barbershop that cut my hair a lot faster than where I use to go down in LA. $13 bucks for a quick clean cut.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom