*Breaking News* - Deron Williams to the Nets

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

WOW.....

Jazz re-tooling big time. GREAT move for Utah.

I'm curious to see what NJ does to build around Williams.

*Assuming that he re-ups...it's going to be Chris Paul or bust for the Knicks.  Which seems like a HUGE longshot because of their lack of cap flexibility. 

I'm sorry...but this Melo deal is looking worse and worse.
Agree with all of this, Prokhorov with a great counter punch  

Didn't expect this. Good trade for the Nets. But we'll see how Williams likes Avery's coaching style.

Glad Harris got moved. Johnson was holding him back.

Deron will re-up. If not now, later.

Again, these dudes don't usually turn down guaranteed money.

A lot of people were 'sure' Melo was content of leaving $ on the table, and that was false.

When it comes to $, get as much as you can, while you can. That's how it should be too.

Nets won.

WOW.....

*Assuming that he re-ups...it's going to be Chris Paul or bust for the Knicks.  Which seems like a HUGE longshot because of their lack of cap flexibility. 

Agree with all of this, Prokhorov with a great counter punch  

A lot of people were 'sure' Melo was content of leaving $ on the table, and that was false.

When it comes to $, get as much as you can, while you can. That's how it should be too.

Nets won.

eek.gif
the east is getting all the stars

if the nets aren't a playoff team come next all star break, will dwill make the team? not that dwill can't get himself into the 8th seed in the east...

If Blake Griffin and K Love can make it on their sorry $!% teams, then I'm sure D Will can make it as well.

if the nets aren't a playoff team come next all star break, will dwill make the team? not that dwill can't get himself into the 8th seed in the east...

If Blake Griffin and K Love can make it on their sorry $!% teams, then I'm sure D Will can make it as well.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Nets won.
He's not eligible until July and by then the current CBA will be expired.

They wasted their cap space last summer, traded away young players and now have fewer picks. And I'm sure D-Will will love Avery Johnson micromanaging him and the team. So basically, it's D-Will, Brook Lopez and the rest of the subpar supporting cast.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Nets won.
He's not eligible until July and by then the current CBA will be expired.

They wasted their cap space last summer, traded away young players and now have fewer picks. And I'm sure D-Will will love Avery Johnson micromanaging him and the team. So basically, it's D-Will, Brook Lopez and the rest of the subpar supporting cast.

If Deron buys the kool-aid that the Russian and Jay-Z will try to sell him(being the franchise player of the new Brooklyn era), this is a tremendous coup for them.

If Deron buys the kool-aid that the Russian and Jay-Z will try to sell him(being the franchise player of the new Brooklyn era), this is a tremendous coup for them.

How much money does NJ have to lure FA's this year and next? Wondering if Dwight Howard will make his way up north to play for the Nets in 2012?

Like I said before, I'm really curious to see how the Nets build around Williams (if he re-ups). Utah made out like bandits in this deal. Prokorov(sp?) had to make a splash, and he did....but at what cost?

WOW.....

The problem for the Nets is they gave up two of their first round picks, so that potentially hurts their future/rebuild.
If he extends then it hurts the Knicks for sure, but I don't think the Melo deal looks that much worse. I don't think Utah would have dealt with us, we couldn't offer someone like Favors plus the draft picks. I would have preferred D-Will but I don't think we had the assets.

WOW.....

The problem for the Nets is they gave up two of their first round picks, so that potentially hurts their future/rebuild.
If he extends then it hurts the Knicks for sure, but I don't think the Melo deal looks that much worse. I don't think Utah would have dealt with us, we couldn't offer someone like Favors plus the draft picks. I would have preferred D-Will but I don't think we had the assets.

How much money does NJ have to lure FA's this year and next? Wondering if Dwight Howard will make his way up north to play for the Nets in 2012?

Like I said before, I'm really curious to see how the Nets build around Williams (if he re-ups). Utah made out like bandits in this deal. Prokorov(sp?) had to make a splash, and he did....but at what cost?

Back
Top Bottom