BrandBlack

I also went half size down on the JC3 as recommended by NW2303. I was going to wear them for casual at first but since the Black/Red pair would be perfect for on-court as most of my ball shoes are primatly white. If you half-size down you will get a snug fit but laces them tight and your foot will move farther back which will give you more toe space. As NW2303 said the material will loosen up (unlike KD7 Elite) so you can go wrong TTS or half-size down. I have small, narrow feet.

Damn I missed out on the BB JC3 (white/black) on sale at finishline.. I read Weartester religiously and cant believe i missed out on the Performance Deal article. If anyone is able to get a pair in size 8.5 I would gladly pay over sale price + SH.

I just got mine in and the cushioning was a little firmer than expected. As a result, they didn't "wow" me with soft, cloud foam feeling spring like I expected. The BlackFoam is like a thick firm slab of foam that that is ready for you to push hard into so that you "spring" into your next step (slightly soft, along with the soft insole). The cushioning itself isn't springy, but rather it springs YOU.

Perhaps it'll soften a little more with play, as these observations are just from wearing them to Walmart and running and jumping around the house. As someone mentioned earlier, it's not a foam that feels "alive" and on its own, rather, it moves with you. I could understand if someone came off of a softer, more "alive" feeling cushioning to this why they wouldn't like it. Feels great to me, just don't be expecting soft trampoline Zoom feeling.

On the flip side I can understand why so many reviews use the word "springy", it's just that that's a little deceptive because most people associate that with what they know: Zoom and Boost. It's denser than those 2, but also thick and soft enough to feel like you are jumping onto a firm spring.

These feel great and have some of THE BEST FIT I've ever experienced (pre-game and material stretching anyway). For me, I don't think I'll have the containment issues everyone else has, but we will see when the materials stretch. I can also see these picking up a lot of dust on dusty settings, as the rubber is so sticky.

Last edited:
Just got done running in the JC3 and working out in them and man I love BlackFoam! It softened a little bit, so it is that perfect balance of firm and thick and soft and forgiving. Definitely "springy", not the cushioning itself moving independently and flexing and stuff, but rather it is a springboard (but soft).

I can't wait to play in them tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hope you like how they play. I really like the feel of blackfoam in the JC3s when I shoot around and run in a straight line. It has very good impact protection with a bit of bounce. Unfortunately, the heel is thick and not quite stable enough for me when I play hard - I've tweaked my ankles multiple times in them.

I can totally see that. I have the Ethers and I use for casual, but even then I felt like I sat higher compared to say, Currys. They are super comfy though no doubt. Brandblack is like one of the only companies that don't ever hurt my feet when I first start wearing them. Sizing has been iffy for me lately so I have unfortunately cooled off on them

Hope you like how they play. I really like the feel of blackfoam in the JC3s when I shoot around and run in a straight line. It has very good impact protection with a bit of bounce. Unfortunately, the heel is thick and not quite stable enough for me when I play hard - I've tweaked my ankles multiple times in them.
I agree, I love this foam after breaking it in.  I felt a "slight" spring before (just felt thick), but now they're soft and thick and slightly bouncy....LOVE IT

Man, sorry to hear about your injury.  What position do you play?  That is/was my one worry was how wide the base is so that I don't roll my ankle. Luckily, I think they're JUST wide enough to wear I won't be tipping and rolling my ankle.  Curious as to how you tweak your ankle because of the heel?  I always thought it was the forefoot test that counted....

I could see how that could happen is he feels like he is too height it might feel almost like playing in a boot. Wobbling on his heal and that will rool your ankle. My homeboy would always talk about it if we got the same shoes he is a super fast pg. He would rool his ankle because of the heal set up. We're I would feel just right. I got a pair I jc3 coming next week I really like the ether but can't drop $120. Just got them used for $44 off eBay and @duke40 told me they might be pe's. Shouts out to duke for that. I'll let y'all know what I think because the force vectors were A++ I just like them too much to beat them up.

keep an eye out for sales guys. Sometimes Brandblack does there 30-40% off their site. That's how I got the Ethers.

What do you think about them jamesandstl jamesandstl ?

I mean, I like them. I think they are a cool looking shoes. I don't feel they are quite as comfy as others in their line. Quality is good, if you know much about their shoes, you know what I mean. I will say this, the sizing is interesting. When I bought them I saw several different views of how sizing is. I heard TTS from sites, .5 down from others and I decided to go with my normal 11 and they are too big. Obviously I don't have any others to compare them to as far as sizing, but I think I could've gone down at least a .5 size and be perfectly safe. If I could try them on I would almost want to have tried a full size down just to get the feel, but I wouldn't have risked it through the mail. Kinda sucks.

For what it's worth, last time i had my foot measured they said I was a true 10.5 with the arch of an 11 and I always considered myself kinda wide footed.

Lol what size are you?

Last edited:
Yea me too I got super flat feet so I'm a wide footer. And I were a size 15 but I feel like brand black sizing is like reebok. We're if I go tts I got a little room and if I go down to 14 its right at my toe. I got the force vectors in 15 and ordered my jc3 in 14 like most brands they don't do .5 sizes past 12. It's hard having big feet some of my collection sits on the self because all they sell is 13 lol

Last edited:
That a rough life. I think I have it rough because I get upset when 11s sell out so fast, or I see great deals on eBay and they are like 9-10.....smh

If you were only a size 11.5-12 lol

jamesandstl jamesandstl Hell yea it sucks. I always hate when cool retros come out and they stop at 12 lol. And then my wife is always like how do you spend so much $ on shoes when we never see your size anywhere lol

Back
Top Bottom