BrandBlack

^^^ they look dope I like them. jrdatrackstar23 jrdatrackstar23 you got to let me know how the hold up. So what did you play in before? Air?

On a side note brandblack is doing great things but they need a Sig player besides d Jack, unless there going to step into the cleat game being a former high school/college player I will say black fome would be nice in a cleat

Last edited:
^^^ they look dope I like them. jrdatrackstar23 jrdatrackstar23 you got to let me know how the hold up. So what did you play in before? Air?

On a side note brandblack is doing great things but they need a Sig player besides d Jack, unless there going to step into the cleat game being a former high school/college player I will say black fome would be nice in a cleat

Yea I hear you there, they really do need a marquee player. I think Crawford will regret leaving here soon.

Yea I usually played in Zoom Air primarily and started getting into foam with the Black Ice Mid first. From there it has been back and forth between foam and Zoom/Air

I worked out in the JC3s last night and man they're amazing. I've had to stop playing for a couple of weeks because tore/sprained my Achilles. I'm not sure what kind of injury it is because I am able to run and jump after 3 weeks of the injury happening again(,2nd time injuring it this way). I'm excited to play in them again because BlackFoam feels so awesome I love this stuff.

From what I remember reading, the TPU midsole that surrounds was made like that to prevent it from expanding too much, leading to instability and bottoming out over time.

Maybe I'm just extremely heavy footed, but after breaking the JC3 midsole in after 2 games, I don't see how people say these are high off the ground. They are to START prior to breaking them in, but after just 2 days of play. (4 hours) they sit pretty low with just enough impact protection.

Maybe I'm just extremely heavy footed, but after breaking the JC3 midsole in after 2 games, I don't see how people say these are high off the ground. They are to START prior to breaking them in, but after just 2 days of play. (4 hours) they sit pretty low with just enough impact protection.

Obviously it depends on how each person feels. After I walked around in the Ethers for a few hours, the Force Vectors seemed lower. .....that's just casual use. I love the comfort, but even I noticed it.

I love that suede though lol

Obviously it depends on how each person feels. After I walked around in the Ethers for a few hours, the Force Vectors seemed lower. .....that's just casual use. I love the comfort, but even I noticed it.

I love that suede though lol

That would make sense, I heard Jetlon sat lower. I couldn't imagine any lower than BlackFoam, personally.

That would make sense, I heard Jetlon sat lower. I couldn't imagine any lower than BlackFoam, personally.

Like I have said before, the Rare Metal does have a full slab of Blackfoam, but rides a bit lower. The Ether, which is the same outsole/cushion seems to me to set higher. Very comfy, no doubt, but higher. If they make a fullleather version of the Rare Metaik with like the same white and black color scheme....ohh my goodness

Last edited:
Like I have said before, the Rare Metal does have a full slab of Blackfoam, but rides a bit lower. The Ether, which is the same outsole/cushion seems to me to set higher. Very comfy, no doubt, but higher. If they make a fullleather version of the Rare Metaik with like the same white and black color scheme....ohh my goodness

I really want some Rare Metals now then because they also have a wider outrigger. The one on the JC3 is tiny so it really doesn't help with stability as much as I had hoped. Still amazing shoes, my go-tos no doubt

Maybe I misunderstood you. I don't think the Rare Metal set as low as say the Force Vector, which use Jetlon, but the Rare Metal isn't as high as the Ethers, which uses Blackfoam. The Rare Metal also uses Blackfoam...

Maybe I misunderstood you. I don't think the Rare Metal set as low as say the Force Vector, which use Jetlon, but the Rare Metal isn't as high as the Ethers, which uses Blackfoam. The Rare Metal also uses Blackfoam...
Oh no, I was only talking about the Jetlon in the Force Vectors because you said the Force Vectors sat lower than the Ethers (BlackFoam).  I was saying I couldn't imagine wearing the Force Vectors then because if they're lower than the BlackFoam is for me right now (after playing), they might be too low to the ground.  I could see how people would bottom them out easily, especially if Jetlon is softer than BlackFoam.

Like I said, I must be just really heavy footed or step really strong, but the BlackFoam sits JUST RIGHT where I need it to offer impact protection, slight bounce (I still call it responsiveness), and court feel.

Last edited:
They also ship free, plus promo code 'CANDY' gets you 10% off and purchasing on the mobile app for the first time will get you 15% off.

Repped for that info....

By my calculations it would bring them down to about $45 or so... Now I just need to figure out if I will really like that color. I have the "Heavy Metal" Curry 2.5 and the color is a little weird. I like looking at them, but when I walk around in them, I just feel like they look weird

They also ship free, plus promo code 'CANDY' gets you 10% off and purchasing on the mobile app for the first time will get you 15% off.
Does this work together because I tried and it couldn't work because to get the 15% off on the mobile app you have to use the promo code function and you can't enter any other promo codes. 

So this is just a new design on the upper right? Super dope and wanna see the whole shoe but wasn't sure if it was still the rare metal or not

Yeah, it is the Rare Metal and its a different design of the upper. If you go on their account on Instagram there are other patterns and colorways as well. Kinda cool.

Does anyone here hoop without the shroud on their JC3?  I kind of have to on my left foot because it's almost too tight on my achilles (which is still healing from whatever I did to it).  I love the look with the shroud but I either have to hoop without it or tie my shoe very loosely, plus it pops off the button lock anyway 9/10.

Last edited:

Does anyone here hoop without the shroud on their JC3?  I kind of have to on my left foot because it's almost too tight on my achilles (which is still healing from whatever I did to it).  I love the look with the shroud but I either have to hoop without it or tie my shoe very loosely, plus it pops off the button lock anyway 9/10.
I play without the shroud. I love it. I actually never even put my shroud on bc ppl kept saying theirs would pop out during games. 

I play without the shroud. I love it. I actually never even put my shroud on bc ppl kept saying theirs would pop out during games. 

Yea same here. I really love the look with the shroud because of the 2-tone look, and though I actually can feel the difference in support, it does pop loose every time. I will try tonight with it on but looser tying of my shoes, then go from there.

Back
Top Bottom