Brace for $5 gas, Shell exec warns U.S.

This is why yall need to stop being broke and host a show on ESPN.

Fillin' up FTW....
pimp.gif

Dont know what you guys expect after the BP Oil spill.

You guys should have known prices were going to go sky high.

They dropped during the summer the time they usually go up.

Dont know what you guys expect after the BP Oil spill.

You guys should have known prices were going to go sky high.

They dropped during the summer the time they usually go up.

Originally Posted by Method Man

You'll get the history behind the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act and the deregulation of the derivatives market.  Even though we're past the holidays, it still makes an ideal gift for the pompous neo-Randian in your life - or anyone ridiculous enough to spout "drill, baby, drill," for that matter.  It's a short, vulgar history of recent political corruption that's easy for anyone to follow.  

You still not giving out blame for the to Bailout Ben? I know you cannot believe in the concept of "too big to fail."

Being a banking executive in a bank that is "too big to fail" like playing COD, it is easy to be brave and charge machine guns to save your comrades when you can just respawn in few seconds. In real gun battles, with no respwan, few are that brave and most will "camp." The same people will do things differently if they are operating under different rules.

For the record, I am not a Randian or an Objectivist, they forget one big and important thing in life, randomness, bad things can just happen to even the most prudent and responsible people. While misguided, Randians or neo-Randians are just as likely or unlikely to be as pompous as those who believe that societies can print, borrow, tax, spend, centrally plan and coerce their way to prosperity.

Originally Posted by Method Man

You'll get the history behind the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act and the deregulation of the derivatives market.  Even though we're past the holidays, it still makes an ideal gift for the pompous neo-Randian in your life - or anyone ridiculous enough to spout "drill, baby, drill," for that matter.  It's a short, vulgar history of recent political corruption that's easy for anyone to follow.  

You still not giving out blame for the to Bailout Ben? I know you cannot believe in the concept of "too big to fail."

Being a banking executive in a bank that is "too big to fail" like playing COD, it is easy to be brave and charge machine guns to save your comrades when you can just respawn in few seconds. In real gun battles, with no respwan, few are that brave and most will "camp." The same people will do things differently if they are operating under different rules.

For the record, I am not a Randian or an Objectivist, they forget one big and important thing in life, randomness, bad things can just happen to even the most prudent and responsible people. While misguided, Randians or neo-Randians are just as likely or unlikely to be as pompous as those who believe that societies can print, borrow, tax, spend, centrally plan and coerce their way to prosperity.

You're right, I didn't really get into all that... probably because I was attempting to respond to the topic at hand, which happens to be about gasoline prices.  
I don't know what the "still" refers to either, since I don't think I've even commented once on NikeTalk about TARP or any of the bank bailouts.  I did post about about the mortgage crisis, which is certainly a related issue, if that's what you're referring to - and, as memory serves, I believe at that time you were of the opinion that the problem was too much regulation.  (No, I'm not the least bit interested in hashing that out again.) 
Of course "too big to fail" is a joke (at our collective expense.)  Even if one accepted the premise, why would the solution be FURTHER concentration via government subsidized mergers?  

SKINNER

Well, I was wrong. The lizards are a godsend.

LISA

But isn't that a bit short-sighted? What happens when we're overrun by lizards?

SKINNER

No problem. We simply unleash wave after wave of Chinese needle snakes. They'll wipe out the lizards.

LISA

But aren't the snakes even worse?

SKINNER

Yes, but we're prepared for that. We've lined up a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on snake meat.

LISA

But then we're stuck with gorillas!

SKINNER

No, that's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.

A family gets duped into signing up for an ARM under the assumption that they can refinance before the interest rate spikes, then gets blamed for their own recklessness when the house enters foreclosure.  Meanwhile, companies like AIG operated recklessly, if not lawlessly, in creating this time bomb and ultimately lacked the liquidity to cover their own bets.  For $13 trillion, we could've paid off not only every sub-prime mortgage - but every mortgage period in the entire country.  The opportunity existed to create a new Homestead Act that could've eventually paid for itself via shared-equity mortgages (to say nothing of the costs averted in the process.)  That's obviously not what our 'representatives' in government chose to do.  We all know who they sided with and we all know why.  Again, that's really another topic and I've no interest in diverting the thread.  The only reason I posted the article was due to the relevancy of the commodities bubble section.  

Seems like at least a few other members found it a worthwhile read.  

For the record, I am not a Randian or an Objectivist,

I don't recall anyone ever asking.  

Don't tell me you actually become enraged whenever you hear Carly Simon's "You're So Vain." 

You're right, I didn't really get into all that... probably because I was attempting to respond to the topic at hand, which happens to be about gasoline prices.  
I don't know what the "still" refers to either, since I don't think I've even commented once on NikeTalk about TARP or any of the bank bailouts.  I did post about about the mortgage crisis, which is certainly a related issue, if that's what you're referring to - and, as memory serves, I believe at that time you were of the opinion that the problem was too much regulation.  (No, I'm not the least bit interested in hashing that out again.) 
Of course "too big to fail" is a joke (at our collective expense.)  Even if one accepted the premise, why would the solution be FURTHER concentration via government subsidized mergers?  

SKINNER

Well, I was wrong. The lizards are a godsend.

LISA

But isn't that a bit short-sighted? What happens when we're overrun by lizards?

SKINNER

No problem. We simply unleash wave after wave of Chinese needle snakes. They'll wipe out the lizards.

LISA

But aren't the snakes even worse?

SKINNER

Yes, but we're prepared for that. We've lined up a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on snake meat.

LISA

But then we're stuck with gorillas!

SKINNER

No, that's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.

A family gets duped into signing up for an ARM under the assumption that they can refinance before the interest rate spikes, then gets blamed for their own recklessness when the house enters foreclosure.  Meanwhile, companies like AIG operated recklessly, if not lawlessly, in creating this time bomb and ultimately lacked the liquidity to cover their own bets.  For $13 trillion, we could've paid off not only every sub-prime mortgage - but every mortgage period in the entire country.  The opportunity existed to create a new Homestead Act that could've eventually paid for itself via shared-equity mortgages (to say nothing of the costs averted in the process.)  That's obviously not what our 'representatives' in government chose to do.  We all know who they sided with and we all know why.  Again, that's really another topic and I've no interest in diverting the thread.  The only reason I posted the article was due to the relevancy of the commodities bubble section.  

Seems like at least a few other members found it a worthwhile read.  

For the record, I am not a Randian or an Objectivist,

I don't recall anyone ever asking.  

Don't tell me you actually become enraged whenever you hear Carly Simon's "You're So Vain." 

Once Swine Flu wipes out society, we won't have to worry about gas prices...oh wait

Once Swine Flu wipes out society, we won't have to worry about gas prices...oh wait

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

blame obama for being anti oil.....he refuses to let exploratory digging....and we're not pumpin out gas da way we was pumping it out in da 70's...which was 10 million barrels

of oil a day....we're at 7 million and shrinking...
30t6p3b.gif
Yeah.. thats it. 
eyes.gif
its DEFINITELY his fault...he has a 8 year moratorium on drilling on da mexican gulf...and oil is banned from being drilled off da rich oil deposits off da coast of California...

just cuz accidents happen don't mean you STOP drilling....its like if we STOP da plane industry because of 1 crash....if we leave our oil needs to foreigners then we're gonna

have no choice but to pay out da ear for oil.....

and don't gimme that "green energy" garbage....INTERNATIONAL demand is up with India and China QUICKLY industrializing themselves and purchasing more automobiles

and getting richer.

False, gas prices are due to rise because of inflation. Compared to most world powers, our gas is cheap and prices are reaching equilibrium. If you factor in inflation, gas prices are currently cheaper than 1970 prices. So stop blaming Obamas refusal to drill, alternative energy needs to gain momentum. Dependency on all oil not just foreign needs to decrease.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

blame obama for being anti oil.....he refuses to let exploratory digging....and we're not pumpin out gas da way we was pumping it out in da 70's...which was 10 million barrels

of oil a day....we're at 7 million and shrinking...
30t6p3b.gif
Yeah.. thats it. 
eyes.gif
its DEFINITELY his fault...he has a 8 year moratorium on drilling on da mexican gulf...and oil is banned from being drilled off da rich oil deposits off da coast of California...

just cuz accidents happen don't mean you STOP drilling....its like if we STOP da plane industry because of 1 crash....if we leave our oil needs to foreigners then we're gonna

have no choice but to pay out da ear for oil.....

and don't gimme that "green energy" garbage....INTERNATIONAL demand is up with India and China QUICKLY industrializing themselves and purchasing more automobiles

and getting richer.

False, gas prices are due to rise because of inflation. Compared to most world powers, our gas is cheap and prices are reaching equilibrium. If you factor in inflation, gas prices are currently cheaper than 1970 prices. So stop blaming Obamas refusal to drill, alternative energy needs to gain momentum. Dependency on all oil not just foreign needs to decrease.

ah crap and i cringe already everytime i fill up. i wanted to get an x5 next year but i guess that idea's going right out the window..

ah crap and i cringe already everytime i fill up. i wanted to get an x5 next year but i guess that idea's going right out the window..

It's the powers that be who set the price of gas. This has been known for months that the price would go up. It's all a game. This is the decade where we either get sucked dry or smarten up. Most ain't gonna be doing anything to prepare for what's to come.

Back
Top Bottom