Brace for $5 gas, Shell exec warns U.S.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by ninjahood

hmmm........ill def get a motorcycle if that goes down
good idea, but i know alot of folks that wiped out and got a first class ticket to da pearly gates on em.....
ohwell.gif
son...........i do too....

bike in nyc is wild though.....
Get a Ford and you'll be fine.

good idea, but i know alot of folks that wiped out and got a first class ticket to da pearly gates on em.....
ohwell.gif

Yeah, but there's alot of people doing things they shouldn't be on a bike especially over in the heights.

ohwell.gif

Yeah, but there's alot of people doing things they shouldn't be on a bike especially over in the heights.

is there some way i could buy mass quantites of Gas now, at say $3.25/Gallon, then sell it when the Avg actually is at $5 gallon for round $4.75?

is there some way i could buy mass quantites of Gas now, at say $3.25/Gallon, then sell it when the Avg actually is at $5 gallon for round $4.75?

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

The burden would outweigh the benefit. You would have to stockpile large amounts to turn a decent profit.

The burden would outweigh the benefit. You would have to stockpile large amounts to turn a decent profit.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Word. There were people who did this the last time gas prices started going up. Some of their houses burned down because they didn't properly store the gasoline.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Word. There were people who did this the last time gas prices started going up. Some of their houses burned down because they didn't properly store the gasoline.

I think the gas they use is slightly different depending on the season too - at least in areas where the weather is markedly different at different times of year. They use different additives to prevent freezing etc - so for best performance you'd have to keep it for a year - most consumers wouldn't know that though.

A few years ago there were strikes in the UK (because the cost of gas went about £1 per litre - it's now over £1.20 so they really worked well
eyes.gif
) so there was a shortage - people were filling their trashcans and other ridiculous things to try and stockpile it - like Mangudai said there were some terrible accidents here too.

I think the gas they use is slightly different depending on the season too - at least in areas where the weather is markedly different at different times of year. They use different additives to prevent freezing etc - so for best performance you'd have to keep it for a year - most consumers wouldn't know that though.

A few years ago there were strikes in the UK (because the cost of gas went about £1 per litre - it's now over £1.20 so they really worked well
eyes.gif
) so there was a shortage - people were filling their trashcans and other ridiculous things to try and stockpile it - like Mangudai said there were some terrible accidents here too.

...i just found out about the MTA fare hike like 5min go.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
3 hikes in 3 years.

watch, eventually it won't even matter whether you drive or use the MTA, it'll cost the same one day
laugh.gif
(but seriously, this sucks bigtime)

...i just found out about the MTA fare hike like 5min go.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
3 hikes in 3 years.

watch, eventually it won't even matter whether you drive or use the MTA, it'll cost the same one day
laugh.gif
(but seriously, this sucks bigtime)

eek.gif
@ meth wildin' a few pages back.  I'm NOT entering a debate with that fellow
laugh.gif

Solid points you make, related to and unrelated to the topic at hand

eek.gif
@ meth wildin' a few pages back.  I'm NOT entering a debate with that fellow
laugh.gif

Solid points you make, related to and unrelated to the topic at hand

GOOGLE ... QUANTIATATIVE EASING.... BASICALLY THE EXPANSION OF THE MONEY SUPPLY AKA HYPERINFLATION . THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THEY'RE CREATING IS ASTRONOMICAL IN TERMS OF WHAT THEY HAVE TO BACK IT UP....

A COLLEGE EDUCATION DOESNT EQUATE TO BEING EDUCATED

GOOGLE ... QUANTIATATIVE EASING.... BASICALLY THE EXPANSION OF THE MONEY SUPPLY AKA HYPERINFLATION . THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THEY'RE CREATING IS ASTRONOMICAL IN TERMS OF WHAT THEY HAVE TO BACK IT UP....

A COLLEGE EDUCATION DOESNT EQUATE TO BEING EDUCATED

Back
Top Bottom