Bought a cargo van. Now what?

start arranging independent interviews

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 11.21.05 AM.png

If I were you, I would've gotten a Sprinter Van (~$55k Brand New), hired someone to drive it for $25/hr and made bank off ride share apps. Do this enough, you end up with a couple vans and you have yourself a fleet.

Make sure you open up that LLC and transfer everything to the LLC (bank accounts, credit cards, taxes etc).

I have an uncle who did this with a Toyota Venza. He immigrated here back in 2013 and started driving Uber around 2016. Homie now has about 4-6 cars, charges drivers $400/week to rent the cars. Lives off cash and pays no taxes either.

If a man with a 5th grade education can make bread, anyone can.

First page reminded me of vintage NT

In all seriousness look online/craigslist people always looking for micromovers

if all else fails

If I were you, I would've gotten a Sprinter Van (~$55k Brand New), hired someone to drive it for $25/hr and made bank off ride share apps. Do this enough, you end up with a couple vans and you have yourself a fleet.

Are you making money paying them 25/hr?

In college I remember breaking down one of my friend's earnings for a project, forgot exactly what we did to calculate costs, but I think it ended up being around 20ish/hr if I remember correctly doing uber/lyft.

Are you making money paying them 25/hr?

In college I remember breaking down one of my friend's earnings for a project, forgot exactly what we did to calculate costs, but I think it ended up being around 20ish/hr if I remember correctly doing uber/lyft.

Depends on your locality. In NYC or any other big market city--Sprinter vans will run the passenger(s) around $100. They mostly use them to and from the airport.

Even if you make 6-8 trips, that's around $500-800/day. That's enough to cover all your operational costs.

Spread the word that you the van man n put some ads up online…ppl always need a van or pick up truck to move something, especially if you live in a city
Generally you can charge $50 per hour. You will need a helper though so you could scout in the Craigslist Resume section and find a laborer guy you can pay $10 per hour, which leaves you a 40/hr profit.

Another strategy is to drive around affluent neighborhoods the night before their weekly trash/curbside collection. Some of these fools make $40 an hour plus they got residual income coming in from real estate, stock marketand trust funds so in their mind throwing out a gently used luxury sofa is a better utilization of time rather than trying to put forth the effort to sell it.

Also you can go to certain retail stores and see if they're throwing out any merch. You want to look for smaller chains, in between "mom and pop" and big box level. For example say you find a broken microwave, you can take the copper out of it, and get like $20 bucks at a scrapyard.

Also, look into reselling food. Papa John's and Pizza Hut throw out their pizzas at closing time and you can put em in the fridge overnight, reheat em and sell them on the Facebook Marketplace first thing in the morning. My homeboy Terry ended up selling like 50 fourteen inch pizzas at $7 a pop and it only took him like 3 hours of work to get em sold and delivered around time.

How much cash to use it overnight, no questions?
No questions asked fee is $1100. Can workout mileage rates at a later time. And payment in full before rental is company policy.
First page reminded me of vintage NT

In all seriousness look online/craigslist people always looking for micromovers

if all else fails

I ain’t got the complexion for the ol delivering pecans to my “daughter” ruse.

How much it cost you fam

7500 w/ 155k. Fleet owned with clean service record.

7500 ain’t nothing.

But also 7500 isn’t breaking the bank nor has it got me pressed.

What really has me pressed is becoming my own boss so I can simply keep up. Lifestyle expensive still, more bills to keep up w/, inflation rising faster than your paycheck.

Not a damn one will ever give you worth so you gotta take it. I ain’t spending majority of my strongest days making someone else’s pockets fatter.

I started networking today on my adventures to the city. That’s really the name of the game here too, I’m learnin’.

Did I get shafted? I’m lost kid

Just seems like you puttin it all on black.

You bought a van with no idea what to do with it.

75 hundred aint chump change.

Hope it works out for you but you seem unorganized.

You should of had the plan before coming to NT post van purchase.

I just don't understand your train of thought.

No shots, I just honestly don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom