Boston Celtics @ Los Angeles Lakers: 1/30/11 12:30 p.m. (PST)

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

@SpearsNBAYahoo: When asked by a Lakers ballboy to sign a ball, KG said: "You got a better chance of catching Bin Laden"

I would have said "oh well can you get me Malik Sealy's autograph? Oh....wait "
...No you wouldn't, now go sit your *** down somewhere...
indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

It's true, we should be turning it on when it's our most serious rivals we're facing. But the truth is, it's the regular season. Am I upset that we lost? Definitely, no doubt about that. But we got crushed Christmas last year by the Cavs, and then what? We lost to Boston at home last year, and then what? We have to take these games for what they are, regular season games. Elimination from the playoffs isn't a factor, so what's best for us is to craft a lineup that will be playoff-ready and take as many wins as we can for second in our conference (I accept that the Spurs will be the one seed).

That's true, but will this mini-slide lead to panic? I read that article on nba.com about you guys possibly making moves. What if you had a great lineup all this time, that would succeed in the playoffs, but the lineup gets changed with a trade and things get worse?

It's true, we should be turning it on when it's our most serious rivals we're facing. But the truth is, it's the regular season. Am I upset that we lost? Definitely, no doubt about that. But we got crushed Christmas last year by the Cavs, and then what? We lost to Boston at home last year, and then what? We have to take these games for what they are, regular season games. Elimination from the playoffs isn't a factor, so what's best for us is to craft a lineup that will be playoff-ready and take as many wins as we can for second in our conference (I accept that the Spurs will be the one seed).

That's true, but will this mini-slide lead to panic? I read that article on nba.com about you guys possibly making moves. What if you had a great lineup all this time, that would succeed in the playoffs, but the lineup gets changed with a trade and things get worse?

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Wow, I guess that is the basic reasoning for most people to hate on a team. It's the fans of that team that makes people hate them. Not the players,coaches, owners or staff. I never saw the reason to hate a team unless they did something to me or my team that I'm rooting for.
There are a handful of teams I dislike due to being rivals of the teams I root for, however the internet has given me exposure to a lot of douche bag fan bases I would have never came across in person. I know every team has it's share of clown fans, but it just seems they all cluster on nt
2be15e4b77ef6e9a9be404cc66fb8eda6ee9c46_r.gif
. As much as I despise the Lakers I have nothing but respect for a handful of their fans on here, their classy fans (CP, Cedric Ceballos, westcoastfinest, DTruth07, dako, bright nikes, Frenchblue23), I could easily drink a beer with any of these guys.

pimp.gif
back at ya. lets have a toast for the douche bags!

finnns2003 wrote:
Th3RealF0lkBlu3s wrote:

honestly, dont believe what nba.com rumors and that we're doing any moves. why? because Laker rumors never happened. our recent trades have been fairly on the quiet sides. no one knew about pau but there was so much talk about kg prior to that season. no one knew about us getting ariza from orlando trade and vujacic getting traded.

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Wow, I guess that is the basic reasoning for most people to hate on a team. It's the fans of that team that makes people hate them. Not the players,coaches, owners or staff. I never saw the reason to hate a team unless they did something to me or my team that I'm rooting for.
There are a handful of teams I dislike due to being rivals of the teams I root for, however the internet has given me exposure to a lot of douche bag fan bases I would have never came across in person. I know every team has it's share of clown fans, but it just seems they all cluster on nt
2be15e4b77ef6e9a9be404cc66fb8eda6ee9c46_r.gif
. As much as I despise the Lakers I have nothing but respect for a handful of their fans on here, their classy fans (CP, Cedric Ceballos, westcoastfinest, DTruth07, dako, bright nikes, Frenchblue23), I could easily drink a beer with any of these guys.

pimp.gif
back at ya. lets have a toast for the douche bags!

finnns2003 wrote:
Th3RealF0lkBlu3s wrote:

honestly, dont believe what nba.com rumors and that we're doing any moves. why? because Laker rumors never happened. our recent trades have been fairly on the quiet sides. no one knew about pau but there was so much talk about kg prior to that season. no one knew about us getting ariza from orlando trade and vujacic getting traded.

cornzilla wrote:
Why is everyone dismissing the spurs. As if it is a given that these two teams will meet in the finals. What about the Heat in the east they might get their act together in time to knock off the Celtics. It's the playoffs anything can happen. 
Nobody is dismissing the Spurs, anything can happen. I am pulling for the Lakers in the West. As much as I despise them; I hate the Spurs even more. The Spurs fan base on nt irritates the *%*% out of me and I actually am always laughing when they try to talk sideways to Lakers fans on here. Miami's only chance coming out of the east this season is if the Celtics get hit with injuries and if the Magic's team bus blows up. I think yesterday was a preview of this years Finals and it will have the same outcome as yesterday too.

Sorry you feel that way man.
ohwell.gif

The only reason you say that is because your can't pay up.
FIRST B0RN wrote:
I am not delusional, the Bulls aren't a Championship contender just yet. I am thinking in the next 2-3 seasons yes. I am hoping for a Celtics - Lakers championship again. I lost some dough last year in the Finals and have a double-or-nothing agreement "if" the C's and Lakers square off. I truly feel if both of the teams face eachother and Boston can remain healthy, the C's will win.

So if BOS and LA don't make the finals then what? Triple or nothing. Sad.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

cornzilla wrote:
Why is everyone dismissing the spurs. As if it is a given that these two teams will meet in the finals. What about the Heat in the east they might get their act together in time to knock off the Celtics. It's the playoffs anything can happen. 
Nobody is dismissing the Spurs, anything can happen. I am pulling for the Lakers in the West. As much as I despise them; I hate the Spurs even more. The Spurs fan base on nt irritates the *%*% out of me and I actually am always laughing when they try to talk sideways to Lakers fans on here. Miami's only chance coming out of the east this season is if the Celtics get hit with injuries and if the Magic's team bus blows up. I think yesterday was a preview of this years Finals and it will have the same outcome as yesterday too.

ohwell.gif

FIRST B0RN wrote:
I am not delusional, the Bulls aren't a Championship contender just yet. I am thinking in the next 2-3 seasons yes. I am hoping for a Celtics - Lakers championship again. I lost some dough last year in the Finals and have a double-or-nothing agreement "if" the C's and Lakers square off. I truly feel if both of the teams face eachother and Boston can remain healthy, the C's will win.

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

see doo because of you, even a known and probably the biggest Laker hater on NT is rooting for your spurs to lose to them
laugh.gif

see doo because of you, even a known and probably the biggest Laker hater on NT is rooting for your spurs to lose to them
laugh.gif

Dude is buggin. ONE fan on a forum dose not equal the who fan base. Right?
He is one of MANY who do not want the SPURS to win.
laugh.gif

Dude is buggin. ONE fan on a forum dose not equal the who fan base. Right?
He is one of MANY who do not want the SPURS to win.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

cornzilla wrote:

ohwell.gif

FIRST B0RN wrote:

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
If the Celtics and Lakers don't face one another in the finals, then there is no bet. The dough that I lost last year was between family and friends, which was paid btw. I didn't make the bet until a few months later. My friends and family said we should do a double or nothing type of bet, double the amount from last year, nothing if the two teams don't meet. Cute colors in your highlights btw
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

cornzilla wrote:

ohwell.gif

FIRST B0RN wrote:

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
If the Celtics and Lakers don't face one another in the finals, then there is no bet. The dough that I lost last year was between family and friends, which was paid btw. I didn't make the bet until a few months later. My friends and family said we should do a double or nothing type of bet, double the amount from last year, nothing if the two teams don't meet. Cute colors in your highlights btw
laugh.gif

Lakers Celtics = serious business.

I know the Lakers well enough to know they tend to turn it on and turn it off. However in earlier years they would turn it on in the big regular season games but lose to crappy teams. As of right now the way things look Boston would beat them in a 7 game series. However this is Jan 31st and alot can change between now and the playoffs. A win against the San Antonio this week would do alot to getting things on track. Right now the Lakers look somewhat vunerable though

Lakers Celtics = serious business.

I know the Lakers well enough to know they tend to turn it on and turn it off. However in earlier years they would turn it on in the big regular season games but lose to crappy teams. As of right now the way things look Boston would beat them in a 7 game series. However this is Jan 31st and alot can change between now and the playoffs. A win against the San Antonio this week would do alot to getting things on track. Right now the Lakers look somewhat vunerable though

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by usctrojan00

The Lakers will turn on that switch when it matters most. Last year, the Celtics daydreamed through the regular season and played clutch basketball when it counted. I am looking forward to the rubber match this year.
i understand good teams can turn it on or off whenever they feel like it, but why the lakers couldn;t turn it on for the celtics in front of their home crowd, even for one game, i can;t figure that out. lakers haven;t turned it on for anyone worth turning on for this season....
Yeah I mean come on, same thing with that Heat game. Those are the games you take seriously, not the games with the Cavs or the... Cavs.
it's easy to downplay regular season games but if anything, how you do against the good teams in Dec/Jan helps you know what or if you need to do anything at the trade deadline. now we say everyone other than Kobe did not show up.... so we don;t know if they can, say beat the C's with this team. some think they can (based on past year's performance), and some say they can't. bottom line is, we don;t know cuz they didn;t show up to provide anyone with something to work with. did artest really lose a step or is he just not focussed? do you trade him? what about pau? is he tired or he just didn;t try? same players that won last year, but not the same team? the lakers this year are a mystery.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

The Lakers will turn on that switch when it matters most. Last year, the Celtics daydreamed through the regular season and played clutch basketball when it counted. I am looking forward to the rubber match this year.
i understand good teams can turn it on or off whenever they feel like it, but why the lakers couldn;t turn it on for the celtics in front of their home crowd, even for one game, i can;t figure that out. lakers haven;t turned it on for anyone worth turning on for this season....
Yeah I mean come on, same thing with that Heat game. Those are the games you take seriously, not the games with the Cavs or the... Cavs.
it's easy to downplay regular season games but if anything, how you do against the good teams in Dec/Jan helps you know what or if you need to do anything at the trade deadline. now we say everyone other than Kobe did not show up.... so we don;t know if they can, say beat the C's with this team. some think they can (based on past year's performance), and some say they can't. bottom line is, we don;t know cuz they didn;t show up to provide anyone with something to work with. did artest really lose a step or is he just not focussed? do you trade him? what about pau? is he tired or he just didn;t try? same players that won last year, but not the same team? the lakers this year are a mystery.

EXACTLY. laker fans still making that excuse like the lakers like losing....no wait...getting EMBARASSED on their own homecourt against the heat and celtics...

if the lakers dont make the finals this year im blaming kobe. his punk %%% probably had the imput to sign bum %%% steve blake and kobe's boyfriend in the closet, shannon brown... and lets not forget theo ratliff...smh

EXACTLY. laker fans still making that excuse like the lakers like losing....no wait...getting EMBARASSED on their own homecourt against the heat and celtics...

if the lakers dont make the finals this year im blaming kobe. his punk %%% probably had the imput to sign bum %%% steve blake and kobe's boyfriend in the closet, shannon brown... and lets not forget theo ratliff...smh

Back
Top Bottom