BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

Force fields will curb that creasing, provided its only casual wear .

If using em for athletics ,& scary about typical signs of wear, buy some Ross dress for less ,or a equivalent pair of outlet kicks.

Ultimately, as stated umpteen times before ,theyre meant to be worn, so theyre bound to break down.

Wow that's crazy, I know y'all been complaining in here like every JB thread but I was pretty fine with the pair I got. Tongues were my first priority and I feel I got a good set. Noticed abrasion and rough patches on one of the peaks but that literally was only noticed when I inspected the shoe looking for issues. Found the bad paint job splotch and shrugged, who cares I'm going to wear anyway.

Things were cool until I started browsing this thread just for and giggles (some of y'all be getting OD mad) and dude made a comment about forgetting the midsole shades and glue stains, look for the black stripes not meeting the rubber toe box cap and instead meeting the midsole or vice versa. And dammit the dude was right. Looked at my Bordeauxs and stripes on both shoes meet the toe box cap but every other 7 I bought this year, the stripes meet the midsole. Very minuscule detail, but still wtf lol. Nobody will notice other than other Bordeaux owners who know about the issue but OH WELL ima wear these shoes.

Nah, its not that they meet the toecap or the midsole, its that the left shoe stripe reaches the toecap and the right shoe stripe runs out of gas and hits the midsole. Id be ecstatic if it was just the toecaps or the midsoles but not one of each. Im a graphic designer and my OCD spikes when I look down at my feet. Its a good thing i cant look down and see my heels though considering the 23 7 panel sits at the midsole of one and up a half inch on the other.

Last edited:
Honestly, who knows how long they were worn or what he did in them and they look ok to me.

I just wore them around the office. They still aren't that creased to me. Now, my Military 4s from 06 was something to complain about. Durabuck creases, I expect this by now.

People who aren't used to their shoes creasing are used to the long hair and short hair nubuck that Jordan brand started using in 2009. I'm a graphic designer and pay close attention to these type of things

Last edited:
pear coming Monday, could someone point me in the direction of some laces like from the French blues but black/metal tip

This is my pair after 1 wear. If you get them in your true size, they really won't crease bad
IDK if you all remember my worn once fiasco from the Hare thread but see this is what I mean. I dread to think what the aquas are gonna be like. Hell had this years 7's had the quality of the 2012 raptors and olympics I'd be satisfied.

Which one of you lames were in bay shore mall in LI yesterday afternoon wearing the bords and hares on each feet? A grown man at that. Nah, I know NT is better than that, at least I hope. Thought dude's Hares was a foot cast at first. :stoneface:

Last edited:
You guys are aware that a lot of high quality materials/fabric are very soft right? Cheap materials turn out hard due to a mix of other materials. The best leathers are soft as. Remastered does not mean it is going to be stiff/solid and not show signs of wear. High fashion shoes don't always use the best materials either, you're paying for the name more than the materials. As soon as you wear high quality leather Ferragano or gucci shoes, you see a crease where your toes bend after the first wear, it's natural.

In the 90's shoes creased the same way. No one cared because it was cool to have the newest kicks when everyone couldn't afford them. They all had issues. I utilized Nike's shoe return policy every year for a squeaky air bubble, a deflated one, panels separating from weak glue, etc. Even if the heel started peeling before the 2 year mark I'd send my shoes back and get em replaced(not j's as much, they'd be gone most times). Some leathers were so cheap, people's toes used to burst through them while playing ball. I had a habit of sending two pairs of shoes back at the same time and getting 2 new pairs. The difference today is, folks are such fiends, that if you send shoes back you will not get the exact model replaced due to the crazy sell outs.

If there were fashion designers in here, they could possibly point out which models actually had better materials since it would be their job to know good fabrics to set everyone's mind at ease.
Can you imagine if they used higher quality materials and hear all the complaints from folks lacking knowledge of materials? They'd go back to cheaper mixed leather materials and call us ignorant fools in their board rooms.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are aware that a lot of high quality materials/fabric are very soft right? Cheap materials turn out hard due to a mix of other materials. The best leathers are soft as. Remastered does not mean it is going to be stiff/solid and not show signs of wear. High fashion shoes don't always use the best materials either, you're paying for the name more than the materials. As soon as you wear high quality leather Ferragano or gucci shoes, you see a crease where your toes bend after the first wear, it's natural.

In the 90's shoes creased the same way. No one cared because it was cool to have the newest kicks when everyone couldn't afford them. They all had issues. I utilized Nike's shoe return policy every year for a squeaky air bubble, a deflated one, panels separating from weak glue, etc. Even if the heel started peeling before the 2 year mark I'd send my shoes back and get em replaced(not j's as much, they'd be gone most times). Some leathers were so cheap, people's toes used to burst through them while playing ball. I had a habit of sending two pairs of shoes back at the same time and getting 2 new pairs. The difference today is, folks are such fiends, that if you send shoes back you will not get the exact model replaced due to the crazy sell outs.

If there were fashion designers in here, they could possibly point out which models actually had better materials since it would be their job to know good fabrics to set everyone's mind at ease.
Can you imagine if they used higher quality materials and hear all the complaints from folks lacking knowledge of materials? They'd go back to cheaper mixed leather materials and call us ignorant fools in their board rooms.

You'd be a fool to think THIS model has higher quality materials. You act like there is the same uproar about the remastered stuff in the other threads that has been in here. We are just calling a spade a spade. There is nothing remastered about this colorway. NOTHING.

You'd be a fool to think THIS model has higher quality materials. You act like there is the same uproar about the remastered stuff in the other threads that has been in here. We are just calling a spade a spade. There is nothing remastered about this colorway. NOTHING.
I feel you. I should of been clear in my rant. I jus started thinking back to how shoes were.

My argument is really for the creasing and the fact the high quality materials also crease. I'm not defending other issues like inner boogie, glue, bumps, etc. And honestly, the materials used for the toebox that's soft, I have no fact on what that actually is and the grade in which it's made. If you know for a fact the materials and the grade its made in, then you got me.
While I like the softness of the toebox, I do prefer the construction of my Barcelona days better.

Oh, and @bigj505 "You act like there is the same uproar about the remastered stuff in the other threads that has been in here."

This can be a product of your environment type of thing. When you're used to low quality things, and get high quality grade things, you think it's cheap. Folks thought the same way when carbon fiber came into play. OMG this is cheaply made, this is so fragile, and yadda yadda. But when you lack knowledge of good materials, you can be misguided. Not saying that's what's actually happening for a fact, but you never know.

Last edited:
I feel you. I should of been clear in my rant. I jus started thinking back to how shoes were.

My argument is really for the creasing and the fact the high quality materials also crease. I'm not defending other issues like inner boogie, glue, bumps, etc. And honestly, the materials used for the toebox that's soft, I have no fact on what that actually is and the grade in which it's made. If you know for a fact the materials and the grade its made in, then you got me.

While I like the softness of the toebox, I do prefer the construction of my Barcelona days better.
You guys are aware that a lot of high quality materials/fabric are very soft right? Cheap materials turn out hard due to a mix of other materials. The best leathers are soft as sh !t. Remastered does not mean it is going to be stiff/solid and not show signs of wear. High fashion shoes don't always use the best materials either, you're paying for the name more than the materials. As soon as you wear high quality leather Ferragano or gucci shoes, you see a crease where your toes bend after the first wear, it's natural.

I think most people are aware of the whole leather thing. I don't think that's what people's complaints are. Have you ever had a pair of 7s with an entirely nubuck/durabuck uppers? Chambray 7s, citrus 7s, raptors 7s etc. none have the uproar these have.

Bottom line people are just looking for a shoe that holds up well but Isn't completely plastic. The "better materials crease" discussion is irrelevant because we've gotten multiple 7s with nubuck/durabuck uppers that don't have these issues. Especially pre and post first wear

Last edited:
I think most people are aware of the whole leather thing. I don't think that's what people's complaints are. Have you ever had a pair of 7s with an entirely nubuck/durabuck uppers

Bottom line people are just looking for a shoe that holds up well but Isn't completely plastic. The "better materials crease" discussion is irrelevant because we've gotten multiple 7s with nubuck/durabuck uppers that don't have these issues.
I understand. My urge to reply stemmed from the recent quoted pic of the crease. Jus conversing about the possibility of it being good plus the fact that nice materials crease as well. I've never owned a pair of Bordeaux's so i'm not debating facts on the shoe. Just thoughts. Everyone is entitled to be happy about their purchase. I was hoping it may actually be good materials with poor construction.

Last edited:
Which one of you lames were in bay shore mall in LI yesterday afternoon wearing the bords and hares on each feet? A grown man at that. Nah, I know NT is better than that, at least I hope. Thought dude's Hares was a foot cast at first. :stoneface:
lol nah prolly some dude from SC

pear coming Monday, could someone point me in the direction of some laces like from the French blues but black/metal tip
:nerd:

My bad. I'm colorblind and I was drunk when I got dressed [emoji]128514[/emoji]

IDK if you all remember my worn once fiasco from the Hare thread but see this is what I mean. I dread to think what the aquas are gonna be like. Hell had this years 7's had the quality of the 2012 raptors and olympics I'd be satisfied.

I wouldn't have liked them if that were the case. The Olympic 7s had rock hard pleather and the comfort wasn't nearly as high as it was on these. When materials flex and have more give, they tend to be more comfortable. My infrared 6s feel so stiff compared to these, and it's because of the non creasing nubuck. And my Olympic 6s felt like I was wearing steel toed shoes

Last edited:
How similar are these to the fit of 2012 7s and how much of a different would a .5 size up be?

Anybody in Chicago still looking for these they have them at the new Flight23 store. They put them out for sale yesterday. There's still some left as of today.

Back
Top Bottom