Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

It's a shame that it's coming to an end, but there's nothing to make me believe that the quality will be lesser than the previous seasons.

Maybe we'll get a few extra episodes instead of the normal 12.

I don’t know how they can finish up all the storylines in 1 more season. The Chicago storyline itself could go for another two seasons. I just hope they Don't get sloppy and try to cram too much into the season at the expense of quality.
They're not gonna finish any story lines. I bet they're just gonna conclude the series with the end of prohibition and send the rest of the gangsters on their path that's historically documented. I highly doubt we're seeing Al's imprisonment, Lucky's deportation, or the rise and fall of Bugsy Siegel. At best we see the end of AR, wrap up what's left of Chalky, possibly kill Narcisse, Al's beginning dominance, and a heavy *** focus on Nucky either him getting completely out and just being a corrupt politician again, possibly finding a ride or die chick, or maybe end it with him actually going to prison this time.

Rough to hear this is ending... esp. since BB is over, Homeland did me dirty :smh: , TWD being crap. Fall's block of TV shows is lookin' kinda rough.

iaJZrCv.gif

Damn shame this is ending at 5 seasons... They really could go on for a long time but I guess people's interests would drop off eventually. I really have enjoyed this series tho... One of the goats imo....

I started marathoning this show like 2 weeks ago. Finished up the season 4 finale just now. Glad one of the characters I hated is no longer living. I thought the other character I hated was going to get murked but a few seconds make all the difference. I think I hated them two more than I did rosetti.

My dude Richard Harrow. Hate that it had to be him. My favorite character in the show.

I got really into this show. Glad I decided to watch it and will be ready for the final season.

Five Is Enough for 'Boardwalk Empire'
Why it's time to wrap up HBO's period drama

History has already shown that the nonstop party of the Roaring Twenties couldn't go on forever, so neither could Boardwalk Empire. On Thursday, HBO announced that it was shutting down its homage to the Prohibition-era Atlantic City playground, making this fall's fifth season its last. As someone who has covered Boardwalk for Rolling Stone for the majority of its run, news of this decision was bittersweet. Sure, it's always difficult to say goodbye to a series in which you've invested so much time, energy, love and, let's be honest, aggravation. But at the same time – and again, let's be honest – despite its lavish production, stellar performances from Steve Buscemi as protagonist Nucky Thompson, Michael Kenneth Williams as Northside gangster Chalky White and (most recently) Jeffrey Wright as Harlem interloper Dr. Valentin Narcisse, as well as credentials from Hollywood A-lister executive producers Martin Scorsese and Mark Wahlberg, Boardwalk Empire never reached Breaking Bad or Mad Men levels of viewer and critic devotion.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/five-is-enough-for-boardwalk-empire-20140111#ixzz2qJksXPXW

And I feel the blow-back of Richard Harrow was palpably bigger than Jimmy this time around. Forever be that dude. :smokin

tumblr_miwa7mLbU01qgcra2o1_500.gif

This is my favourite show. I used to think that since this was on HBO not many people hear about it and I understand when so many people I talk say they never heard about it but now where you can get everything easy and free on the internet there's no excuse to not even hear about this show.

it is bittersweet but I remember during season 4 in this thread someone mentioned that this can't go on too much since real life Capone goes to jail ('31) and what not while the BE is closing in on 1929, and Prohibition ends in '33 so the curtain was drawing near.

Rather it to go sooner(Deadwood, Spartacus, Rome, Breaking Bad) rather than later(Dexter & Weeds)

heres to hoping margaret dies in s5 :smokin

That blatant ether :lol: . Can't stand her character either though.

I wonder how many characters will be offed since it's the last season. I would think the side, fictional characters might be killed off in bunches.

I'm gonna be upset if Van Alden doesn't emerge from the fog when it's al said and done.

We know how this show likes to treat the fan favorites though.

I was watching the 2001 film Bully and realized that Michael Pitt (Jimmy) was in the film.
laugh.gif

rkpTiix.jpg

I had seen the film before, but that was over a decade ago.

I saw American Hustle and was
eek.gif
when Harrow was there, with his real face
laugh.gif
and also when he spoke normally
laugh.gif
. Then was sad when I started to remember the killer with the golden heart
frown.gif

Michael K. Williams was at a Knicks game the other day and was interviewed at halftime and said that S5 is going to jump ahead 5 more years....

Michael K. Williams was at a Knicks game the other day and was interviewed at halftime and said that S5 is going to jump ahead 5 more years....

Makes sense... that means we're gonna see

REAL LIFE SPOILERS
the death of arnold rothstein

Last edited:

Makes sense that means we're gonna see

REAL LIFE SPOILERS
the death of arnold rothstein
Yes you are correct, I hope they devote a full episode to him, he is one of my favs

I'm guessing it's going to jump to the late 1920's or early Great Depression era 1930's. The show was in the mid 1920's with Dr Narcisse I think

Back
Top Bottom