Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

I hope they add Bumpy Johnson next season..The time frame is perfect. Rolling in close to the 30's now.

If they add Bumpy Johnson, then that means they gotta add Dutch Schultz...

And if they add both, then that means...

Narcisse should be around for another season or so... The character he's based off tied into both of them...

I don't like the way Harrow went out, botching a hit and killing a innocent girl. Chalky's daughter getting killed makes no sense to me. It's like reach for shock value. I loved the whole episode until Harrow killed her. I'll watch it again, maybe I'll think different.

Everything else was great to me. I think next season is set up to be great cuz we'll see some real life characters move up. Capone as a bawse. :pimp:

Harrow's death hurt my soul deeply when I saw it, figured his death with the goodbye to Tommy, gives a full heartfelt kiss to Julia which you can see he's wanted his whole life. When it was him on the train then the shot from back of the head and I noticed he wasn't wearing glasses my heart sank.

which episode was the one where Harrow spent time in the forest and almost suicided? want to re watch it

definitively top show right now for me

Other than Michael K being an awesome actor, Chalky is losing alot of his luster in my eyes. Dude is turning into Peyton Manning instead of Tom Brady. Its starting to seem as if he just doesnt have "IT" as a boss! If he keeps f'n up he'll be gone by episode 5 next season.

Other than Michael K being an awesome actor, Chalky is losing alot of his luster in my eyes. Dude is turning into Peyton Manning instead of Tom Brady. Its starting to seem as if he just doesnt have "IT" as a boss! If he keeps f'n up he'll be gone by episode 5 next season.

Eventually every gangster has a downfall. For 3 seasons he was the man in his community, at some point the clock runs out on that life.

Eventually every gangster has a downfall. For 3 seasons he was the man in his community, at some point the clock runs out on that life.

I see and feel that! But as unpredictable as BE tries to be, its as predictable! Somebody major is gone next year, And word to Tupac...Chalky is the last one left!

Harrow , the man who killed 1000s of men, misses the shot, and dies from getting shot running? really? and now that *** from Harlem. Still runnin the north side , naw b , if chalky dies I quit boardwalk empire. I wanna see chalk take back what's his and Nuck to have his back

Every gangster has his downfall ? Lucky Luciano was BOSS, and made the commission , and only got deported

:lol: C'mon man. You can probably count on one hand how many gangsters didn't die or end up in prison or witness protection. Lansky, Lucky, Joe Bonnano, Carlo Gambino and who else? The downfall is inevitable.

Harrow , the man who killed 1000s of men, misses the shot, and dies from getting shot running? really?
Weren't you paying attention to prior Harrow scenes this season? It all set up for him to miss the shot.

He couldn't even kill his own dog. Nuck should've asked his sister to do it.

That's just how it is. You can kill a million men, don't mean you can't slip up every now and then.

On another note, I wish Nuck had shot Eli :smh:

Weren't you paying attention to prior Harrow scenes this season? It all set up for him to miss the shot.

He couldn't even kill his own dog. Nuck should've asked his sister to do it.

That's just how it is. You can kill a million men, don't mean you can't slip up every now and then.

On another note, I wish Nuck had shot Eli
mean.gif
Also the actor has said in interviews that there were parts in this season which contribute to the events in the finale. Namely Harrow's hand getting hurt in the barn fight early in the season

Last edited:
repped and thanks

finally read the interview from Rolling stone and loved it. being notified he's gonna "die" today on set and making the comment that it was common knowledge if Terry Winters "wants to talk to you" in the beginning of the shooting day it was your character's curtain calls
laugh.gif

I was slacking hard on this season, and finally caught up and saw the finale. I figured when I saw the huge responses and the news of a death that it had to be Harrow.

He'll absolutely be missed, but tragic characters won't stick around forever and I'm satisfied with his story. He couldn't make the shot and when he did, he missed bad. That final sequence was just beautiful though.. perfect end for his character.

I almost had to look away when Eli was pounding on Knox's face... that was BRUTAL. Then the showdown with Nucky and Will interrupting... this show is great at twisting and subverting our expectations. I assume the majority of us figured Eli was done for once he betrayed Nucky again, I mean... he had to go, right? But instead the show sends him to Capone and Van Alden which will be awesome :lol:

Chalky :smh: thought he was going to be a king this season. Narcisse was great as well and I loved how his story ended for the season.

Looking forward to reading all the interviews and final reviews, but I loved this season overall.

Man just caught up on the Season Finale and really sad that Harrow's gone. He was probably my favorite character left but unlike Jimmy, I feel like they gave him a decent way to go out. He was a big part of the show for the action, but really didn't seem at peace with himself or the world after the War, which of course is the case with a lot of Vets. Just when things were starting to look up for him too..

Harrow will be missed heavily.

Chalky man, got caught up and lost his blood daughter over some tang. :smh:

Next season will be interesting, with Eli heading over to Chi town and Narcisse playing a rat for Hoover.

This season was pretty good, but lacked compared to the other ones for me. But still better than a lot of the shows on TV (aside from GoT/Homeland).

Harrow :frown:

Whats crazy is i peeped william thompson's name in the movie "untouchables" and if you think about it...eli goes to chi w capone but capones camp in untouchables had will "Willie" thompson in they pocket (he was a mayor) so maybe they focus on willie progressing as a boss next season too. Just somethin to notice...i could be off cause hes still a kid at the moment.

Season 2 Ep 5 titled Gimcrack & Bunkum. It was the stray dog who saved his life, which I now realize played into him not being able to kill his sisters dog in the beginning of S4.

Well ****...I didn't even realize that.

I greatly enjoyed Mob City. I forgot what it's like to get into a new show. Having to remember all the faces, names, and back stories. But it's a cool show. It's a shame it's only on for three weeks.

Back
Top Bottom