Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

Rewatched the interrogation scene between Knox and Eddie where they're discussing the German poem Erlkönig.

One of my favorite scenes this season :pimp:

The way it looked to me they shot the shotgun in to the air to get everybody down and I think only Frank and Van Alden were still standing. Then from what I saw (since it happened pretty quick, they shot him once in the gut before they let off a dozen rounds :lol: by that time Van Alden is ducking too.

It's hard to catch cuz Frank was initially goin to raise his gun and shoot Van Alden cuz he saw him creeping up on Al.

Disappointed to see Eddie gone, but I loved the reveal that he stole from his old job and fled with a mistress. His slip up last week seemed like an unfortunate mistake for a guy who finally got some power and respect, but now we know it's just another case of a guy with a bit of power and not being able to control himself. He had one job to do, give up the money and leave, but he went out, ate, talked business like he's a boss, then got drunk all night. One mistake from a guy who should have known better.

I figured he was a goner as soon as he got pinched, but his suicide was done really well. Pair up Nucky's socks, get dressed up, jump out a window.

Gilligan was extra pathetic tonight and I'm hoping we see where her story is going soon. Her new benefactor seems too good to be true, so I'm interested in the real story... assuming there is one.

Will pinning it on his roommate :smh: do what you gotta do, but poor kid :lol: I'm glad he admitted to Nucky the reason he did it, though.. "He thought he was better than me. He wasn't" or something to that effect. That's the Thompson rage inside of him :lol:

Finally, RIP Frank Capone :smh: He was really growing on me but I knew it was coming anyway. On the brightside, Van Alden needs to just go full psycho with Capone

You guys really think Eli would let his son work for Nucky? I doubt it

Nucky obviously sees potential in Willy, and I do see some parallels between him and Jimmy Darmody.

*edit*

If there is ever a biopic on Richard Nixon, they need to cast the dude who plays Roy.

Last edited:
Why was Van Alden pointing the gun at Frank? Was it on purpose or an accident?

He was pointing it @ Al. Probably tired of him already. Knows he's a loose cannon and he had a clear/perfect opportunity to take him out. Frank saw this, started to draw on Van Alden and got blasted away.

On purpose, because he was already fed up with O'Banion because of how he was treated and picked on. That was his same issue when he was doing the salesman thing. He told Al about it from the beginning, but that's Al's personality.

I thought the gun was pointed at Al. Which Frank clearly saw before he got that swiss cheese treatment. Van Alden had no reason to light up Frank. If anything, that was the one person he had in his corner from the Capone camp.

Nucky obviously sees potential in Willy, and I do see some parallels between him and Jimmy Darmody.

*edit*

If there is ever a biopic on Richard Nixon, they need to cast the dude who plays Roy.

Dude looks exactly like a young Nixon. He didn't like that in Office Space though or maybe I didn't notice.

I thought the gun was pointed at Al. Which Frank clearly saw before he got that swiss cheese treatment. Van Alden had no reason to light up Frank. If anything, that was the one person he had in his corner from the Capone camp.

Yup. Sums that up.

Now van Aldon will probably side with Al, since no one [alive] saw his momentary lapse in judgment.

Last edited:
:rofl: if Purnsley's real last name is Oxford. Almost fell off my couch laughing when he said Mr. Oxford. I was like what kind of fake name is that? :lol: He probably still a little shook messing with white girls cuz I don't know why he aint take down Gillian.

I think Mr. Oxford came from the type of shoes he was wearing. He was getting his shoes shined plus he crossed his legs right before announcing his name.

This. He looked right at his shoe before he gave her the fake name...

Sucks to see Kessler go. He provided that subtle humor that kept me cracking up. Glad we got to see more of him before off'd himself...

Frank Cap was that dude too. I really liked the job they did with his character. That smooth-talking and calm businessman opposite his brother...

Will we see Torrio anytime this season? I thought we saw him in one of the trailers...

Margot Bingham is the truth... As I stated in the 1st couple of pages.

View media item 607610
Did anyone peep him in the other episode in the meeting with Dr. Narcisse? With Herc already on cast, I wonder how many others from the Major Crimes Unit will make an appearance... :lol: :nerd:

Van Alden is clearly tired of Al. Of course he was aiming at him.

Al Capone is annoying and unsettling as ****. How isn't this obvious? Type of dude that will get you killed with his antics *cough*Frank*cough* You gotta look forward to when he calms down a bit and becomes more of a thinker in his later years as the don.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom