Boardwalk Empire: Episode 11 - â€

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

that was gangsta how homie sniped that dude
eek.gif
pimp.gif

New favorite character

After Harrow was telling Jimmy that story, I knew dude who slashed Pearl was done.  Had to repay him for Jimmy taking care of Harrow with the prostitute(Odet?).

Anyway, this show is brilliant in my opinion and has quite honestly lived up to the hype.  Nucky and the D'Alessio brothers are definitely going to have some sort of showdown in the upcoming episodes which should be tremendous. 

Good catch on the whole Jimmy's mom and Margaret being similiar in the sense that they have gotten taken care of by Nucky.

Margaret is definitely trying to break Nucky down, but I don't really know why yet. 

All in all, it should be a great ending to the first season of this show.    

Originally Posted by MARTIN AND CO

Originally Posted by Master Zik

The dialogue in this ep was superb. Loving all the Jimmy scenes. The marksman putting in work
pimp.gif
Right under the eye.

Didn't peg Jimmy's wife as a lesbian or being bi. Nice reveal
pimp.gif
Not sure I like the Meyer Lansky portrayal. Homey becomes the biggest Jewish mobster of all time and he comes off as a wise guy.

Really enjoyed this ep. Loving Harrow's character too. The way he talks alone makes him a badass.
I am not sure of the timeline of the show's events and those of meyer lansky's career, but early on in his career meyer did work for the italian mafia. Miami/Vegas/LA and being his own man came later.

Can you please remind me who the Meyer Lansky character is?
Sorry, Im really bad with names at times.

The dialogue in this ep was superb. Loving all the Jimmy scenes. The marksman putting in work
pimp.gif
Right under the eye.

pimp.gif
Not sure I like the Meyer Lansky portrayal. Homey becomes the biggest Jewish mobster of all time and he comes off as a wise guy.

Really enjoyed this ep. Loving Harrow's character too. The way he talks alone makes him a badass.
I am not sure of the timeline of the show's events and those of meyer lansky's career, but early on in his career meyer did work for the italian mafia. Miami/Vegas/LA and being his own man came later.

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Im starting to think that jimmy's mom used to be one of nucky's jump off. That scene when they were at the table and nucky was telling a story,he later told the kid to call him uncle nucky, for some reason made me think that jimmy was in the same position when he met nucky.
This. I thought the same thing when I seen Nucky at the table with her and the kids telling stories. I'm like oh wait everyone thinks he's Jimmy's dad but maybe Jimmy's mom was a concubine like Margret.
I picked up on that too.... Plus the relationship between Jimmy's Mom and Nucky hasn't really been explained yet. It would seem logical that she was one of Nucks old chicks tho, remember how he ruffed up Lucky after he started talking crazy about her

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Im starting to think that jimmy's mom used to be one of nucky's jump off. That scene when they were at the table and nucky was telling a story,he later told the kid to call him uncle nucky, for some reason made me think that jimmy was in the same position when he met nucky.
This. I thought the same thing when I seen Nucky at the table with her and the kids telling stories. I'm like oh wait everyone thinks he's Jimmy's dad but maybe Jimmy's mom was a concubine like Margret.
I picked up on that too.... Plus the relationship between Jimmy's Mom and Nucky hasn't really been explained yet. It would seem logical that she was one of Nucks old chicks tho, remember how he ruffed up Lucky after he started talking crazy about her

Originally Posted by Diego

pimp.gif
Right under the eye.

pimp.gif

Well in the story Meyer is the short guy that offers Chalky an opportunity to sell directly to Rothstein in Manhattan. Chalky thinks he was sent by Nucky to see if he'd betray him. At the time his name isn't mentioned. He's named when he comes with Lucky to meet the D'Alessio brothers.

In real life he was Lucky's right hand man and as I said biggest Jewish mobster of all time. The two helped each other to become titans in the crime world.

@MARTIN AND CO I knew he worked with Italians with Lucky when he started out but I'm probably still hung up on how he was portrayed in the movie Mobsters. That stuck with me and made me think Meyer was more like how Rothstein is on this show and should be acting like him. I'll approach with fresh eyes and see how he develops. They've done Capone and Lucky well.

pimp.gif
Right under the eye.

pimp.gif

Well in the story Meyer is the short guy that offers Chalky an opportunity to sell directly to Rothstein in Manhattan. Chalky thinks he was sent by Nucky to see if he'd betray him. At the time his name isn't mentioned. He's named when he comes with Lucky to meet the D'Alessio brothers.

In real life he was Lucky's right hand man and as I said biggest Jewish mobster of all time. The two helped each other to become titans in the crime world.

@MARTIN AND CO I knew he worked with Italians with Lucky when he started out but I'm probably still hung up on how he was portrayed in the movie Mobsters. That stuck with me and made me think Meyer was more like how Rothstein is on this show and should be acting like him. I'll approach with fresh eyes and see how he develops. They've done Capone and Lucky well.

Maybe Nucky is really Jimmys dad?

i mean it could be possible
nerd.gif

Harrow seems to be interesting part of this story also.

I wanna see what happens when Jimmy goes back to AC the next episode looks like its gonna be a lot of action..

nerd.gif

Harrow seems to be interesting part of this story also.

I wanna see what happens when Jimmy goes back to AC the next episode looks like its gonna be a lot of action..

I think Diego speculated early on in the season. We talked about it for a while. Seems like a clear possibility.

A mind %#$$ would be if somehow Jimmy and Nucky are brothers and Nucky's dad smashed Gillian.

I think Diego speculated early on in the season. We talked about it for a while. Seems like a clear possibility.

A mind %#$$ would be if somehow Jimmy and Nucky are brothers and Nucky's dad smashed Gillian.

Zik I read somewhere that they are trying to do a loose portrayal of some of these real life characters in order to not be confined to only what happened in reality and have a little more flexibility in terms of building a story. That might be why Meyer isnt exactly how you envisioned him to be based on actual facts (Although you prob already know this).

Also is it possible that Jimmys baby mother is screwing the photographer AND his wife? When the two girls were in the bed they were talking about a certain guy not finding out about them because he might stop giving her (Jimmys wife) money.

Zik I read somewhere that they are trying to do a loose portrayal of some of these real life characters in order to not be confined to only what happened in reality and have a little more flexibility in terms of building a story. That might be why Meyer isnt exactly how you envisioned him to be based on actual facts (Although you prob already know this).

Also is it possible that Jimmys baby mother is screwing the photographer AND his wife? When the two girls were in the bed they were talking about a certain guy not finding out about them because he might stop giving her (Jimmys wife) money.

She was talking about Nucky.

nerd.gif

Nucky wouldn't be with Margaret if Jimmy was his son. He's looking for someone that reminds him of his wife that he could have children of his own with. Wouldn't surprise me if his wife died in childbirth and lost the kid either. Would explain that scene where he stood in front of the premature babies in the first or second episode.

She was talking about Nucky.

nerd.gif

Nucky wouldn't be with Margaret if Jimmy was his son. He's looking for someone that reminds him of his wife that he could have children of his own with. Wouldn't surprise me if his wife died in childbirth and lost the kid either. Would explain that scene where he stood in front of the premature babies in the first or second episode.

Wow, what an episode. I loved the Phantom of the Opera music at the end....so fitting.

Anyone pick up how Nucky was shutting up his JO when she interruped his meeting and subsequently kicked her out vs. how Margaret interrupted Nucky's story about how his dad burned him and he just kinda stood there and took it? You can tell he's really soft for Margaret. Can't wait to see where this story goes....

Wow, what an episode. I loved the Phantom of the Opera music at the end....so fitting.

Anyone pick up how Nucky was shutting up his JO when she interruped his meeting and subsequently kicked her out vs. how Margaret interrupted Nucky's story about how his dad burned him and he just kinda stood there and took it? You can tell he's really soft for Margaret. Can't wait to see where this story goes....

The Frankenstein music after the sniper scene and the transition to the girl watching Frankenstein in the movies was TOOOO ILL.
pimp.gif

GREAT episode.

Nucky makes the best quotables followed by Chalky White BY FAR. Dude had me rollin' the way he spoke to Meyer Lansky...

Speaking of which I had the
eek.gif
face when they revealed it was Meyer... this show is TOO dope already...

The Frankenstein music after the sniper scene and the transition to the girl watching Frankenstein in the movies was TOOOO ILL.
pimp.gif

GREAT episode.

Nucky makes the best quotables followed by Chalky White BY FAR. Dude had me rollin' the way he spoke to Meyer Lansky...

Speaking of which I had the
eek.gif
face when they revealed it was Meyer... this show is TOO dope already...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Those were totally different situations.

I like how each episode seemingly has its own motif.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Those were totally different situations.

I like how each episode seemingly has its own motif.

Back
Top Bottom