Boardwalk Empire: Episode 11 - â€

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Something about Jimmy's character always looking like he is lifeless has gotta go though. Dude looks like a ghost.
laugh.gif
I think that look is there for good reason.
Probably signifies all the torment he went through while he was at war. He still has that look in his face, even at home.

Originally Posted by Diego

bkmac wrote:

Diego wrote:

Also, Im not sure if this is pretty much common knowledge but Jimmy is Nucky's son right. I mean its pretty obvious at this point. 
That's what a friend of mine said, but I remember Nucky mentioned that when Jimmy was younger and at a political rally (or something like that) with his father, he turned not to him, but to Nucky and asked how to become successful (or something along those lines).

Yeah but I think Nucky just said that kind of as a throw away so that Jimmy doesnt suspect. Look at the clues.

-Jimmys mother speaks to Nucky about their agreement that he will always keep Jimmy out of trouble.

- As tough as Nucky is, lets face it most people wouldve been dead if they pulled the stunt Jimmy pulled with Capone.

- Nucky's brothe rsaid something the along the lines "I wonder if you would be half as compassionate to me as you are to him".

- All those moments Nucky has when looking at a baby or the significance the show seems to put on Nucky not having a kid (See the part where he is with his girl in the room and she talks about having his baby)

Theres just so many clues.

good stuff.

the scene with Jimmys mom and nuckys brother making that comparison stood out to me.

-yeah it seemed like the mom was involved with nucky at some point in the past.

-I was wondering why the brother would make that comparison....guess the compassion runs even deeper by being an actual father rather than father figure.

speaking of compassion, i think the support Nucky gives to Margaret Schroeder is furthered when he realizes her kids will not have a father in their life, maybe just as much as he wasn't there for Jimmy during his childhood(not really sure what kind of relationship Nucky and Jimmy had throughout Jimmys childhood, but if Jimmy grew up thinking he didn't have a father)?

bkmac wrote:

Diego wrote:

Also, Im not sure if this is pretty much common knowledge but Jimmy is Nucky's son right. I mean its pretty obvious at this point. 
That's what a friend of mine said, but I remember Nucky mentioned that when Jimmy was younger and at a political rally (or something like that) with his father, he turned not to him, but to Nucky and asked how to become successful (or something along those lines).

Yeah but I think Nucky just said that kind of as a throw away so that Jimmy doesnt suspect. Look at the clues.

-Jimmys mother speaks to Nucky about their agreement that he will always keep Jimmy out of trouble.

- As tough as Nucky is, lets face it most people wouldve been dead if they pulled the stunt Jimmy pulled with Capone.

- Nucky's brothe rsaid something the along the lines "I wonder if you would be half as compassionate to me as you are to him".

- All those moments Nucky has when looking at a baby or the significance the show seems to put on Nucky not having a kid (See the part where he is with his girl in the room and she talks about having his baby)

good stuff.

the scene with Jimmys mom and nuckys brother making that comparison stood out to me.

-yeah it seemed like the mom was involved with nucky at some point in the past.

-I was wondering why the brother would make that comparison....guess the compassion runs even deeper by being an actual father rather than father figure.

speaking of compassion, i think the support Nucky gives to Margaret Schroeder is furthered when he realizes her kids will not have a father in their life, maybe just as much as he wasn't there for Jimmy during his childhood(not really sure what kind of relationship Nucky and Jimmy had throughout Jimmys childhood, but if Jimmy grew up thinking he didn't have a father)?

Originally Posted by MVPlikeKobe24

Originally Posted by bkmac

yea your right...all those make sense lookin back on them now, this show is too dope... as far as Jimmy's son, i think its his but he just doesnt have a connection with him because he was away for so long, and the dude in the photo shop knew how to discipline him pissed Jimmy off

Cant wait for next weeks ep
pimp.gif

I was thinking Nucky was Jimmy's uncle.

Originally Posted by MVPlikeKobe24

Originally Posted by bkmac

yea your right...all those make sense lookin back on them now, this show is too dope... as far as Jimmy's son, i think its his but he just doesnt have a connection with him because he was away for so long, and the dude in the photo shop knew how to discipline him pissed Jimmy off

Cant wait for next weeks ep
pimp.gif

I was thinking Nucky was Jimmy's uncle.

I thought it was dope how they kinda played on the
father role between Jimmy, his son, and Nucky. Has
everyone confused and wondering.

I thought it was dope how they kinda played on the
father role between Jimmy, his son, and Nucky. Has
everyone confused and wondering.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Hey what do yall think jimmy will do now that he is banned from AC

Go to the Chi and try to get on wit Al and the liquor business.
For some reason tho, I just dont see Jimmy lastin too much longer.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

what was the significance of the muddy footsteps in the lobby of the Ritz before the credits rolled?

what was the significance of the muddy footsteps in the lobby of the Ritz before the credits rolled?

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Keithdajuiceman said:

I see Jimmy and Capone going in hard on the liquor business to prove Nucky wrong, and then eventually competing with Nucky and the black dood (forgot his name).

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Keithdajuiceman said:

I see Jimmy and Capone going in hard on the liquor business to prove Nucky wrong, and then eventually competing with Nucky and the black dood (forgot his name).

I don't know if they'll keep things based on facts but they could make Jimmy to Capone what Meyer Lansky is to Luciano. On the train, Jimmy having the book with him and all the harping on him not staying in college and going to the war made me think he'd start making smarter decisions and using his head more. Not to say he'll be the brains behind the bootlegging business in the Chi but he'll have an important role.

I kinda agree with Nucky being Jimmy's father theory just based off how he reacted to his side chick suggesting she'd have his kid if he wanted. He seemed sour to the whole idea and the scene with Jimmy's mom seems to be the reason why.

I figure after Jimmy somewhat makes a name for himself with Capone he'll meet Nucky again in NY and if things work out right he may be able to clear his name with the feds about killing one of Rothstein's men.

I don't know if they'll keep things based on facts but they could make Jimmy to Capone what Meyer Lansky is to Luciano. On the train, Jimmy having the book with him and all the harping on him not staying in college and going to the war made me think he'd start making smarter decisions and using his head more. Not to say he'll be the brains behind the bootlegging business in the Chi but he'll have an important role.

I kinda agree with Nucky being Jimmy's father theory just based off how he reacted to his side chick suggesting she'd have his kid if he wanted. He seemed sour to the whole idea and the scene with Jimmy's mom seems to be the reason why.

I figure after Jimmy somewhat makes a name for himself with Capone he'll meet Nucky again in NY and if things work out right he may be able to clear his name with the feds about killing one of Rothstein's men.

Is anybody else a little bugged out that Jimmy acts just like Leo would? Idk if it the reference has been made in the previous pages, so excuse the lateness if it has. I just think it's kinda silly.

Is anybody else a little bugged out that Jimmy acts just like Leo would? Idk if it the reference has been made in the previous pages, so excuse the lateness if it has. I just think it's kinda silly.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Anyone? I was wondering the same thing

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Anyone? I was wondering the same thing

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.  What Leo are you talking about?  DiCaprio?  If yes, then I haven't made that connection as far as Michael Pitt's portrayal of Jimmy goes. 

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.  What Leo are you talking about?  DiCaprio?  If yes, then I haven't made that connection as far as Michael Pitt's portrayal of Jimmy goes. 

Back
Top Bottom