Boardwalk Empire: Episode 11 - â€

Instant classic.

Capone
pimp.gif

And the 3 second shot of Omar was for
eek.gif

He'll definitely be a big part of the series.

Beginning was OK, but that last half was crack. I'm still not feeling Buscemi as the lead. But they're definitely living up to that Deadwood/Sopranos hype so far. Some of my fears died down.

Beginning was OK, but that last half was crack. I'm still not feeling Buscemi as the lead. But they're definitely living up to that Deadwood/Sopranos hype so far. Some of my fears died down.

Originally Posted by Raise the Cup

RocSole wrote:
I'm lost. Why did they rob those guys? And why did the italian man get shot at the end? 

Spoiler [+]
Jimmy decides to take innitiative and boost the shipment and decides to ask Al Capone if he wants in. The old Italian man gets whacked because he didn't want to get involved in the bootlegging racket. If you remember the conversation Jimmy & Al have when they first meet, Al discloses this. The old man felt there was enough money to be made in Brothels. This was Al's first step into solidifying himself as what we now know of him.

Seems like the consensus is no spoilers, so I'm just going to write this.  I don't think the guy that got shot at the end was the guy Jimmy and Capone were talking about.  I think they were talking about another Chicago mobster and I think one of the guys that was in that meeting with Nucky, Rothstein and Luciano.  I thought the guy that got shot was Nucky's assistant, the one who interrupted him when he was !@#$ing.  I'm not quite sure why he got killed.  I thought it might be some kind of retaliation for what happened in the woods, but I'm not sure. 

RocSole wrote:
I'm lost. Why did they rob those guys? And why did the italian man get shot at the end? 

Spoiler [+]
Jimmy decides to take innitiative and boost the shipment and decides to ask Al Capone if he wants in. The old Italian man gets whacked because he didn't want to get involved in the bootlegging racket. If you remember the conversation Jimmy & Al have when they first meet, Al discloses this. The old man felt there was enough money to be made in Brothels. This was Al's first step into solidifying himself as what we now know of him.

Seems like the consensus is no spoilers, so I'm just going to write this.  I don't think the guy that got shot at the end was the guy Jimmy and Capone were talking about.  I think they were talking about another Chicago mobster and I think one of the guys that was in that meeting with Nucky, Rothstein and Luciano.  I thought the guy that got shot was Nucky's assistant, the one who interrupted him when he was !@#$ing.  I'm not quite sure why he got killed.  I thought it might be some kind of retaliation for what happened in the woods, but I'm not sure. 

Pretty good pilot but not a "blow-me-away" one. Not on the level of Breaking Bad/Lost/Mad Men.

I thought it was 15 minutes too long.

Cinematography, acting (besides that bozo with the factory and stupid laugh), and story lines are good.

The butler gag has already become tired to me.

Definitely a must watch show for the new season.

Pretty good pilot but not a "blow-me-away" one. Not on the level of Breaking Bad/Lost/Mad Men.

I thought it was 15 minutes too long.

Cinematography, acting (besides that bozo with the factory and stupid laugh), and story lines are good.

The butler gag has already become tired to me.

Definitely a must watch show for the new season.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

RocSole wrote:

Spoiler [+]

You really need to watch the episode over my man, you're wrong.

RocSole wrote:

Spoiler [+]

RocSole wrote:

Spoiler [+]

You're probably right.  I only watched it once and also was a little drunk at the time.  I definitely could have missed something. 

RocSole wrote:

Spoiler [+]

You're probably right.  I only watched it once and also was a little drunk at the time.  I definitely could have missed something. 

you mustve been !%$! faced to think it was his assistant who got shot, bro.
laugh.gif

you mustve been !%$! faced to think it was his assistant who got shot, bro.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom