Blake Griffin may miss up to six weeks

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

The Clippers are capable without Griffin? How the hell did they end up with the first pick then?

Baron Davis #1 PG - 65 Games Played
Marcus Camby #23 C - 62 Games Played
Chris Kaman #35 C - 35 Games Played

When 3 of your top 5 players miss games that altogether equals a little more than an entire season...things usually don't go as planned.

Since when are Craig Smith and Steve Novak something to write home about?

Craig Smith ain't bad at all, he's a decent big body, but they can only go so far with such little depth in the back-court, and Baron still ain't shown he can do it big in LA.
Smith and Novak aren't great, but they can get it done as a committee for 10-15 MPG each. Smith can provide some toughness and reboundingwhile Novak brings a sharpshooter to spread the floor.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Smith and Novak aren't great, but they can get it done as a committee for 10-15 MPG each. Smith can provide some toughness and rebounding while Novak brings a sharpshooter to spread the floor.

The Clippers do have decent depth with their bigs in Kaman, Camby, Smith, Novak and Jordan.

Obviously it would have been great to see Griffin out there, but I think they can manage if the other guys step up like they're supposed to.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

eyes.gif

with the exception of injuries the clips are still a capable team....but that sucks about blake though...such a young player with potential starts his career with an injury
ohwell.gif

I love Laker fans on NT.
I feel like you guys always come to bat for us.
Appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Blake Griffin may miss up to six weeks
11i1ehh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

When 3 of your top 5 players miss games that altogether equals a little more than an entire season...things usually don't go as planned.
When you put together a team of brittle dudes that are ALWAYS hurt, that's usually how things work out... Those three being injured wasn'tsome shocking revelation... It's like the Rockets banking on Yao and McGrady staying healthy every year... STUPID.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Smith and Novak aren't great, but they can get it done as a committee for 10-15 MPG each. Smith can provide some toughness and rebounding while Novak brings a sharpshooter to spread the floor.

The Clippers do have decent depth with their bigs in Kaman, Camby, Smith, Novak and Jordan.

Obviously it would have been great to see Griffin out there, but I think they can manage if the other guys step up like they're supposed to.

eyes.gif

with the exception of injuries the clips are still a capable team....but that sucks about blake though...such a young player with potential starts his career with an injury
ohwell.gif

I love Laker fans on NT.
Appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That has to be the first time I ever seen that before.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I don't wish bad luck upon anybody and I feel bad for Griffin...

But #$+% the clippers

Let's get em Lakers...I saw an %*# whooping coming regardless if Blake was playing or not.

[Dave Chappelle] FEEL BETTER! [/Dave Chapelle]

Originally Posted by marath0n

eyes.gif

ohwell.gif

I love Laker fans on NT.
Appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

were just speaking the truth...were not sticking up for you guys
laugh.gif
...wejust feel that the clips are still a decent team regardless despite what japan says...he doesnt know what hes talking about for the most part...i mean this iscoming from a guy who said the Lakers were done after game 2 of last years western conference finals
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Im Not You wrote:

thank you...like i said a capable team with the exception of injuries

Im Not You wrote:

thank you...like i said a capable team with the exception of injuries

How are you gonna say "with the exception of injuries" though?

Marcus Camby has played in fewer than 65 games nine times in his career...
Baron Davis has played more than 70 games once since the Hornets left Charlotte...
Chris Kaman has played 63 or fewer games three times in six years...

They built the team around guys that are always hurt, they can't expect them dudes to be healthy. Period.

Baron Davis will be healthy the whole year this guarrenteed. He came in to pre-season actually in-shape this year and he looks motivated. A lot of peopleforget how good a healthy, motivated Baron Davis can be.

Baron Davis will be healthy the whole year this guarrenteed. He came in to pre-season actually in-shape this year and he looks motivated. A lot of people forget how good a healthy, motivated Baron Davis can be.
We hear that EVERY year... And the only year it actually happened was when he was playing for a contract in Golden State...

I feel bad for him.

But at the same time this is completely Mike Dunlevy's fault, why the heck would you have the # 1 pick playing in a meaning less final pre season game.

Back
Top Bottom