Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Air Jordan is a brand of shoes and athletic clothing designed, owned, and produced by Michael Jordan for NIKE's Jordan Brand subsidiary. The shoes, informally referred to in the plural as Air Jordan's or simply J's, were first released for public consumption in 1985 after Michael Jordan wore them in 1984 as a rookie; thereafter, new designs were released annually.(Wikipedia)
NIKE owns JB but Im sure they'll back any design of any JB shoe that JB comes up with, with or without the NA attached. But why would JB release shoes with the NA attached on retros. It would only diminish the value of the OG pairs and make it more difficult to distinguish between the two(JB giving love to the DAY 1 n****S)so we get just a few NA's sprinkled in here and there. I personally would rather have the '88 3's than the JB branded ones, but that just nostalgia. IMO same thing with quality. I think its done on purpose. Nothing beats an OG. Although I do agree financial reasons play a part as well. But if you could afford certain materials then you damn sure can afford them now with the shoe being more popular than its ever been. So everybody is right in a way on this topic, Just my opinion. Nobody needs to get shot.

Lol what are you talking about? If that's the case with the sole saying Jordan on the bottom of 88 retro 3' as opposed to Nike then why is there Nike on the sole of jumpman tagged 1's? Even midtop 1's? If JB wanted to they could put Nike Air on every retro model that originally had it but they choose to save that for a rainy fiscal season
lol i think he forgot about the 2000s retros, even though the separate JB division of Nike have existed since MJ was still with the Bulls

It would only diminish the value of the OG pairs and make it more difficult to distinguish between the two(JB giving love to the DAY 1 n****S)so we get just a few NA's sprinkled in here and there.
First off, JB isn't giving anyone love lol, lets be real here. Do you "day 1" people get shoes mailed to you? Do you get them easier than the "day 2" people? Exactly. What I will say is that I am grateful for the whole RETRO thing where they bring back kicks from the old days for us to enjoy. That's just showing love to what the athlete once stood for and what they accomplished during their time.

Now for preserving OG's, JB doesn't give a **** about preserving OG's, just watch when **** hits the fan if they won't retro bring back models exactly how they once came. Look at the 1s for christ sake, what is so different between the black/red 1s that just released and the ones that released back in '85? Sure quality isn't there but the overall shoe is the exact same. Labeling is there on the shoe, NA on the tongue, insole, and sole, labeling is there on the OG box as well with the little "1985 Air Jordan I" thing and the Nike Air. And it's not sprinkled in here and there, since the 2013 88 3s there have been a total of 6 Jordan's all with the correct labeling and packaged in the OG boxes. 4 have been 1s (5 if you count the AJKO recently) and the other being the 3s, all within a year.

Now I personally don't care whether it has jump man or NA. I would prefer NA but to me, whatever, I don't buy every Jordan anyway. I agree with the rest of your post, they should keep the materials the same especially with the hype behind their brand, we all know they have the capacity to produce them with the same materials. That part I do not understand in the least bit.

I say the one with less power ends up kicked from this thread because someone will tattle. I think it's a decent debate here though Iamekilla and JoeMusashi, sure some name calling will ensue shortly though. Always does here, y'all crack my stuff up.

no debate. joe mushalin is wrong. period.

lol i think he forgot about the 2000s retros, even though the separate JB division of Nike have existed since MJ was still with the Bulls

or to this very day EVERY jordan brand shoe has nike air and the swoosh labeled on the bottom of every jordan box made.

and the whole they are doing this for the collector excuse is bull ****. its been bull **** for over a decade now

they could give two rats *** about anything but making money

yea i rem when these came out in 2000 in high school, along with the navy blue and white 6s and the concords made they second appearance back into the game, my 9th grade year was tough lol i came to school late with them black 6s ninjas was sick lol

^^^^I never said I was getting shoes mailed to me personally. Or that I personally had a collection of OG Jordans. My point was that their is a hierarchy when it comes to Jordans.
1. OG that he played in/wore in real life(flu game auction) $$$$$$$
2.OGs autographed/PEs ds $$$$$$
3.Retail OGs ds
4.Retros
5.retro+
6.Play in these
My point was that if they made all shoes with same material/quality and with the NA that OGs wouldn't be that sought after because IMO ppl at least I would rather have the newer shoe and wouldn't have to worry about preservation as much. I'm saying I think they do that on purpose. As far as the 1s with NA that is exactly my point. The banned are now twice as much as the 1s that just dropped in 2013. And whoever(not me) is sitting on the OGS ds with no real flaws is the happiest of us all.

^^^^I never said I was getting shoes mailed to me personally. Or that I personally had a collection of OG Jordans. My point was that their is a hierarchy when it comes to Jordans.
1. OG that he played in/wore in real life(flu game auction) $$$$$$$
2.OGs autographed/PEs ds $$$$$$
3.Retail OGs ds
4.Retros
5.retro+
6.Play in these
My point was that if they made all shoes with same material/quality and with the NA that OGs wouldn't be that sought after because IMO ppl at least I would rather have the newer shoe and wouldn't have to worry about preservation as much. I'm saying I think they do that on purpose. As far as the 1s with NA that is exactly my point. The banned are now twice as much as the 1s that just dropped in 2013. And whoever(not me) is sitting on the OGS ds with no real flaws is the happiest of us all.
I understand what you're saying but Nike/JB do not care about this "hierarchy" simply because they do not make any money aside from what they sell the shoes for to the retail stores. Clearly they don't make any money off of eBay auctions or any other secondary market sales. And I wouldn't be happy sitting on any OG's (aside from 1s since I would be able to wear them). I rather have a recently released pair that I could wear, I know OMG blasphemous, whatever, I wanna enjoy the shoe. Looking at my 88 3s you would swear they were the actual pair from 1988 lol they might as well be black cements now.

I personally only buy J's to wear and resale. It will only be in my closet as a second pair awaiting the right price Never a collectible to rot. Sale before they fall apart. Nothing short of a wife or kid is a keeper for me, sneaker for shore can go every time. Just me though

^
BRTky.jpg

Agreed mostly. I buy them to wear also unless I Get my hands on some yeezy type hyped releases. I do think they care though they use that hierarchy to gauge the market and what to retro outside special occasion/anniversary. And I do think they care about the OG status. I think ppl can't find a no sht pair of 88 wc or bcs that are worth a damn earliest I've seen were 94. Imo that is why they did the 100% retro. Same with the 1s. There are some OG 4-whatever floating around in good shape. The only OGs that I've owned were the iv br
I understand what you're saying but Nike/JB do not care about this "hierarchy" simply because they do not make any money aside from what they sell the shoes for to the retail stores. Clearly they don't make any money off of eBay auctions or any other secondary market sales. And I wouldn't be happy sitting on any OG's (aside from 1s since I would be able to wear them). I rather have a recently released pair that I could wear, I know OMG blasphemous, whatever, I wanna enjoy the shoe. Looking at my 88 3s you would swear they were the actual pair from 1988 lol they might as well be black cements now.
eds and the xi Columbias. Imo they were just more comfortable especially the iv. But to your point I don't think they care about that. For the most part we are not getting a 100% retro. And I don't think they care about resell. They make more if it's a legit site flight Club wc3 500×200pair= 100000 jb/ Nike made millions. 2Billion last year alone. Legit sites still gotta go through them. Might make them re-release more often though.

I want JB to start doing some color translucent soles on the 6. I know they've done it before, but they should go for it.
This. I don't know how much I like this particular one, but they definitely need to start doing this. I doubt they will though since it probably costs them a bit more
mean.gif
. I wonder what a smoked sole would look like on this colorway.....

This. I don't know how much I like this particular one, but they definitely need to start doing this. I doubt they will though since it probably costs them a bit more
mean.gif
. I wonder what a smoked sole would look like on this colorway.....
It would probably look like an all black shoe.

A majority of you should be happy if they make these with durabuck. You know damn well it's gonna be exactly like the black cement iv's from 2012 and black metallic v's from 2011 material wise. So the real question is will you pay $180-$190 come holiday season for some crap that is exactly like the black varsity reds from 2010? I won't, but others will buy them.
I highly doubt this will happen, but if it did I would cop without thinking about it. Within the past couple of years, has any of JBs retros been made with durabuck? This is a serious question.

So everyone was saying they don't like icy soles bring back the clear but now some of y'all want red and smoked soles?
I'm assuming they were talking about having those type of soles on brand new colorways. If executed correctly, it could look pretty clean.

I highly doubt this will happen, but if it did I would cop without thinking about it. Within the past couple of years, has any of JBs retros been made with durabuck? This is a serious question.

If I'm not mistaken, the last retro of Charcoal VII's and Playoff VIII's were Durabuck (I could be wrong, since I never so much as bothered to look at either in person)

A majority of you should be happy if they make these with durabuck. You know damn well it's gonna be exactly like the black cement iv's from 2012 and black metallic v's from 2011 material wise. So the real question is will you pay $180-$190 come holiday season for some crap that is exactly like the black varsity reds from 2010? I won't, but others will buy them.
2012 blk/red VII and 2013 blk/red VIII

Back
Top Bottom