Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

the arguments in this thread

g9Mem06.png

Regardless, NA will never be on the back of the VI's for the simple reason that JB exists. It's pure stupidity to have a Jordan Brand shoe with NA on the back, unless it's under a very special circumstance as with the Retro '88's. It negates the entire point of having Jordan Brand in the first place, and that's why it simply won't happen.

If this is the case, why did retros have full Nike Air branding from 99-01 when Jordan Brand launched in 1997?

The fact of the matter is this, there is absolutely nothing stopping them from using Nike Air branding. It is a business decision, a smart one if I might add, that they made themselves based off of the fact that it is preferred by small percentage of consumers, but will not affect their bottom line.

The sneakerhead himself is his own worst enemy. Complains complains complains but has yet to learn how to exercise any kind of restraint or self control. The minute people start showing restraint, JB will give you what you want because they will have no other choice.

okay, i'll lead by example. the air jordan vi is my favourite shoe of all time, and i hereby declare that i will not be buying any this year.

Last edited:
Nike will only put nike air on shoes 1) to create hype with that model and gain even more following/money making opportunities on that particular shoe in the future, and 2) to help mask price increases as a whole. Look how 1s blew up just because of the tongue tags. And look at the 88 3s. The infrared 23 that just released, some people were calling "poor mans". Well, that's because if you look at Nike's strategic price point of $199 for the 88s, it sort of entices you to accept the $170 price of other Jordan 3s releasing shortly after and think you're getting a deal. imo Nike doesn't look at "what shoes deserve nike air", it is strictly a financial decision. I would like to see these with an infrared jumpman air myself.
pimp.gif
 I think it would be raw, the infrared nike air is a tad too much infrared on the back of the shoe combined with the spoiler and midsole hits, imo.

This thread is insane. The ONLY reason NA was on the '88's was because it was an anniversary model. If it had a Jumpman, it would have been pointless. JB shoes will have JB branding, Nike shoes will have Nike branding. It's quite simple. You don't see Swoosh's on Chucks, even though "Nike could do it if they wanted to".

The sneakerhead himself is his own worst enemy. Complains complains complains but has yet to learn how to exercise any kind of restraint or self control.  The minute people start showing restraint, JB will give you what you want because they will have no other choice.

Man. So much truth. :smokin

Really want these. Don't really care about the Nike Air. Just need these with decent quality at retail.

Will return closer to RD. Seems like this thread will be nothing but back and forth for months

This thread is insane. The ONLY reason NA was on the '88's was because it was an anniversary model. If it had a Jumpman, it would have been pointless. JB shoes will have JB branding, Nike shoes will have Nike branding. It's quite simple. You don't see Swoosh's on Chucks, even though "Nike could do it if they wanted to".

Your responses in this thread have been comical. Nike and JB are the same. I'll even go as far as to call JB Nike's "urban" division. JB can throw Nike branding on any Jordan brand product because Nike owns the jumpman, the wings logo, etc. If that isn't the case then why is Nike headquarters address on the bottom of Jordan boxes? How do you explain the Nike check on Air Jordan 1's even with a jumpman on the tongue??? Exactly.

Your responses in this thread have been comical. Nike and JB are the same. I'll even go as far as to call JB Nike's "urban" division. JB can throw Nike branding on any Jordan brand product because Nike owns the jumpman, the wings logo, etc. If that isn't the case then why is Nike headquarters address on the bottom of Jordan boxes? How do you explain the Nike check on Air Jordan 1's even with a jumpman on the tongue??? Exactly.

Everybody is fully away are that JB is part of Nike. It's quite apparent being that they sell Jordan's in Niketown. You've taken six days to say what has already been said, and clearly do not understand the nature of the conversation.

Tell me this genius. Why do Retro '88's have "Jordan" on the sole, and not "Nike" as they originally had? Once again, it's because Jordan's are a Jordan Brand shoe, not a Nike shoe. If they were a Nike shoe, they'd come in a standard Nike box, like all other Nike's do. Nike Air heel tab or not, Retro '88's are still a JB shoe.

Taking the Swoosh off of 1's would be INCREDIBLY stupid, as it would change the design of the shoe entirely. However, outside of special models, 1's are branded with the Jumpman, not Nike Air because they too are JB shoes nowadays.

Good going there Bro. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
Everybody is fully away are that JB is part of Nike. It's quite apparent being that they sell Jordan's in Niketown. You've taken six days to say what has already been said, and clearly do not understand the nature of the conversation.

Tell me this genius. Why do Retro '88's have "Jordan" on the sole, and not "Nike" as they originally had? Once again, it's because Jordan's are a Jordan Brand shoe, not a Nike shoe. If they were a Nike shoe, they'd come in a standard Nike box, like all other Nike's do. Nike Air heel tab or not, Retro '88's are still a JB shoe.

Taking the Swoosh off of 1's would be INCREDIBLY stupid, as it would change the design of the shoe entirely. However, outside of special models, 1's are branded with the Jumpman, not Nike Air because they too are JB shoes nowadays.

Good going there Bro. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Lol what are you talking about? If that's the case with the sole saying Jordan on the bottom of 88 retro 3' as opposed to Nike then why is there Nike on the sole of jumpman tagged 1's? Even midtop 1's? If JB wanted to they could put Nike Air on every retro model that originally had it but they choose to save that for a rainy fiscal season

A majority of you should be happy if they make these with durabuck. You know damn well it's gonna be exactly like the black cement iv's from 2012 and black metallic v's from 2011 material wise. So the real question is will you pay $180-$190 come holiday season for some crap that is exactly like the black varsity reds from 2010? I won't, but others will buy them.

I say the one with less power ends up kicked from this thread because someone will tattle. I think it's a decent debate here though Iamekilla and JoeMusashi, sure some name calling will ensue shortly though. Always does here, y'all crack my stuff up.

Back
Top Bottom