Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Nail polish remover made be another potential option

that's just watered down acetone

View media item 1295736I did the same thing. i was lazy and didn't strip the paint. used angelus infrared mix.

so, i painted over the inf23 and used angelus matte finisher which gave it a nice, light-gloss finish that makes the midsole really pop. very happy.

there's not really a tutorial one can give for this.
1. use masking/painters (i used frog tape brand, 3M is great too though) tape to cover up parts of the shoe you want to protect from paint
2. paint using small coats...painting evenly or else it'll look blobby. slow and steady wins the race. use a small brush for fine lines, small/med brush for the rest of the midsole
3. apply finisher. if you're using angelus finisher, you're gonna need multiple coats. i used about 4-5.

Last edited:
I'm sure come Summertime, ya'll gonna wish ya'll had left that flamingo pink/infrared hue on your shoes, they about to pop! In the summer, at the beach

It's scare tactic to make people think he won't negotiate. Dude would gladly take 220 I bet lol. I should offer the 400 and flake on his *** just for laughs.

Will be down in tyler again in a few weeks, hoping I'll easily be able to pick up a pair of the xi's then. I would've took that size 11 if I was down there now, instead I'll be packing my pair.
Is it still fairly easy to get gr retros down in east texas?

Can't warm up to the infrared. Returning a size 11 to finishline in longview, tx tonite if anyone is in the area and needs that size.

Nice to see some fellow NTers in my area. East T.X. used to be fairly easy up until the space jams. I managed to get 2 infrared packs on release day and they had plenty left over. Same with the ragging bull pack. Problem is they didnt really get to much of anything exclusive up until these last few years. They used to be FCFS. If you got there a couple hours you could easily get your shoes. Now most, if not all, have gone to a raffle system. I have not tried for any releases in east TX for the better part of the last 2 years so things may have changed a bit.

hey guys, I apologize if this was asked earlier, but how do these fit? I've never owned a pair of 6's and really wanna scoop these up, but I'm not sure what size to go. I've been seeing people say go have size down. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

hey guys, I apologize if this was asked earlier, but how do these fit? I've never owned a pair of 6's and really wanna scoop these up, but I'm not sure what size to go. I've been seeing people say go have size down. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Half size down . They run really big.

Half size down
Recent 6s have been running a little more big for me lately
I wear a Sz 10 in pretty much everything else but these (needed a 9.5, size 10 was too big)

Nice to see some fellow NTers in my area. East T.X. used to be fairly easy up until the space jams. I managed to get 2 infrared packs on release day and they had plenty left over. Same with the ragging bull pack. Problem is they didnt really get to much of anything exclusive up until these last few years. They used to be FCFS. If you got there a couple hours you could easily get your shoes. Now most, if not all, have gone to a raffle system. I have not tried for any releases in east TX for the better part of the last 2 years so things may have changed a bit.
Not from there but have been going down there often for work recently. I was down there when the black toe xiii's dropped and walked into the Tyler mall at opening, forget which store, but was able to cop my size. I'm guessing I was lucky then and was hoping the same now. Where do you think would it be somewhat easier, I can find an excuse to head out on a saturday morning to go anywhere from Longview, Tyler, Marshall to Shreveport. :lol:

Just sold one of my three pairs for $360, size 8.5. The struggle is real out there!

Damn, people selling for that much?

I posted mine on Kijijj for 300 (Canadian retail is 265 after tax)

Dropped off mine and the lady friend's pair to the Jason Markk store to get the Repel treatment applied. The product is only $17 but I'd rather not try to apply it. I don't have the best of luck with such applications :lol:

View media item 1295960

@iJapino custom 2000
85oni2f.jpg

Last edited:
I did the same thing. i was lazy and didn't strip the paint. used angelus infrared mix.

so, i painted over the inf23 and used angelus matte finisher which gave it a nice, light-gloss finish that makes the midsole really pop. very happy.

there's not really a tutorial one can give for this.
1. use masking/painters (i used frog tape brand, 3M is great too though) tape to cover up parts of the shoe you want to protect from paint
2. paint using small coats...painting evenly or else it'll look blobby. slow and steady wins the race. use a small brush for fine lines, small/med brush for the rest of the midsole
3. apply finisher. if you're using angelus finisher, you're gonna need multiple coats. i used about 4-5.
You gotta strip the paint, or at least strip the finish off, Other wise your painting on top of the finisher that came with the shoe. The finisher is for "waterproofing" So its bound to chip off quickly if you dont remove at least that top layer of finisher. (That is actually the most important step in customizing) BUt stripping the paint on this shoe can get messy, because the black paint is so close, so be prepared to paint parts of the black as well if your not careful.  But doing it right the first time, is better then doing it over and over. Cause when you do it wrong the first time, you will end up having to remove 8 layers of paint and about 5 layers of finisher. Im working on one of my black pairs as we speak.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom