Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

I double up for one pair being the beater/future hooping pair, the other to rock occasionally to dinners, events and what not. The way sneakers are going now a days it's 6-7 compared to the 10 year rule of shoes crumbling. My burgundy 5's are started to crumble 2 years ago and they are from 2006.

That makes sense, since both pairs are in use. Normally some ppl double up to keep one pair on ice. But damn, i didn't even know midsole life are getting shorter.

I double up for one pair being the beater/future hooping pair, the other to rock occasionally to dinners, events and what not. The way sneakers are going now a days it's 6-7 compared to the 10 year rule of shoes crumbling. My burgundy 5's are started to crumble 2 years ago and they are from 2006.

I disagree with the 6-7 year window to crumble. I think it would last longer than the older shoes before they crumble. The midsoles on the newer retros are better than the OG's and early retros. If you are talking about paint chipping, that's a different story.

Last edited:

That makes sense, since both pairs are in use. Normally some ppl double up to keep one pair on ice. But damn, i didn't even know midsole life are getting shorter.

Mid sole life is NOT getting shorter. Don't listen to that dude :smh:

If you have the shoe in heavy rotation it make sense how the 2nd pair would get use after a few years

Last edited:
These pictures are from the Jordan Brand Pavillion event up in NYC.  I was wearing my Infrareds so I took pictures side by side with the Originals that Jordan wore.   Could not pass up that Opportunity.  

I disagree with the 6-7 year window to crumble. I think it would last longer than the older shoes before they crumble. The midsoles on the newer retros are better than the OG's and early retros. If you are talking about paint chipping, that's a different story.
Not chipping but crumble as in the midsole completely being not wearable at all. Another example, last year my boys chrome 2's cracked 4 years ago and he's a really light guy, 160 pounds max. Chrome 2's came out in 04'.

Not chipping but crumble as in the midsole completely being not wearable at all. Another example, last year my boys chrome 2's cracked 4 years ago and he's a really light guy, 160 pounds max. Chrome 2's came out in 04'.
Had a pair of OG 12s White/red that are just as wearable as recent retros.

Those came out almost 11 years ago. Either way newer retros have more durable midsoles than the older retros.

Shoes crumble faster when put in blastic blags(which a lot of people foolishly do) or are blocked off from air. I have a pair of Grey Pink 5s from 2006, Black 3s from 06, and a pair of Orange Blaze 8s from 2007 that are in great condition because they are always getting proper exposure. The only problem is that the glue is not as strong as it was back in 2006.

The way you "store" your shoes can make them unnecessarily crumble

If any of you guys see a good price for DS Carmine's please let me know because there is no way I'm paying $260-$280 for Carmine's; sorry if I'm repeating myself.
ohwell.gif

My right shoe has a little more orangish look to it. It also has a size sticker that is placed much higher than normal. Is that something to worry about? My left shoe is flawless.

People underestimate what a wet rag and some TLC would do
No doubt.

If you wear your kicks like I do, it's inevitable....they will get dirty, scuffed and stains.  Best thing to do is to clean them immediately and not let them sit dirty. Little time is all it takes.

water, sharp object, and a circular motion on every circle empty spot , an old t shirt as a rag, time
That's really all it takes for a majority of these clean ups. I wonder what the **** most people think we did in the days before Jason Marx and other cleaning products. 

Back
Top Bottom