Black guy hair cuts

Outside of a few times in life when Ive had long hair and braids, 80% of my life has been 360s. Been growing my hair since April. Hella long curly and soft. Girls been all on me. Kept it tapered, lined and shape ups here n there.

Got a mid top fade cut yesterday with curls. Pretty dope. Takes some getting used to though. Have to get used to looking at a different face again like when I cut my beard after months. I like it though. Been getting comps all day. Got me looking exotic. Lol

A cut to think about for some of you homies that's been growing the hair out., Especially if you been on the curl wave.

I got a haircut about 2-3 months ago.

But I finally hit the stage where the sponge is twisting my hair up and they be on it!

Thinking about getting my sides faded this week or next.

Been just getting a lineup and taper.

Cut my locs a month ago. Got me a high taper and a he barber touched up my beard. I’m going for a free form look so I’m gonna go with a high taper, lineup combo again with the dread sponge

I got a haircut about 2-3 months ago.

But I finally hit the stage where the sponge is twisting my hair up and they be on it!

Thinking about getting my sides faded this week or next.

Been just getting a lineup and taper.
bro yes. Get the sides faded. With the curls on top. I been getting hella So Anxious era ginuwine vibes. they super choosin. this mask cock blockin the rest of my face tho. they cant see the facial hair drip. i have the low beard blended into the fade. clean af.

so clean, i had to throw a small single gold hoop earring in. full 90's on em. and its been so long, they think i'm on some new **** lol this sauce vintage baby

Aye I went to that dude Mr. Outliner out of Houston, TX and the experience and finish of everything was TERRRRRIBLE and RUSHED. First and last time I will go there I promise you :lol: . Imma break it all down from start to finish

bro yes. Get the sides faded. With the curls on top. I been getting hella So Anxious era ginuwine vibes. they super choosin. this mask cock blockin the rest of my face tho. they cant see the facial hair drip. i have the low beard blended into the fade. clean af.

so clean, i had to throw a small single gold hoop earring in. full 90's on em. and its been so long, they think i'm on some new **** lol this sauce vintage baby
What type of fade did you get? I'm growing my hair out and have a mini curly thick fro but have been thinking about getting a drop/mid fade on it.

Cut my locs a month ago. Got me a high taper and a he barber touched up my beard. I’m going for a free form look so I’m gonna go with a high taper, lineup combo again with the dread sponge
Jimmy-Butler-Hair-Drop-Fade-Long-Locs.jpg

Kinda like jimmy butler rocks his or something different?

What type of fade did you get? I'm growing my hair out and have a mini curly thick fro but have been thinking about getting a drop/mid fade on it.
Mid. But you can't go wrong with either bro. And getting a nice cut early cuts down on the cringe period of growing the hair out where it isn't long and isn't short.

But yea, I got a mid fade with the curly high top. Thought about getting a drop fade next time or letting the middle of the back grow for a mohawk. I'm feeling the current style though waiting for my top to reach its original length for my long curls. Had to take some off for the high top shape up.

Mid. But you can't go wrong with either bro. And getting a nice cut early cuts down on the cringe period of growing the hair out where it isn't long and isn't short.

But yea, I got a mid fade with the curly high top. Thought about getting a drop fade next time or letting the middle of the back grow for a mohawk. I'm feeling the current style though waiting for my top to reach its original length for my long curls. Had to take some off for the high top shape up.

Oh ok got'cha. Thanks for the response my man I appreciate it. I still haven't made up my mind if I want to completely grow an afro and get some box braids of two strand twist or if I want to fade it. Decisions, decisions lol..

Whats yall nightly lookin like?

Silky?

Durag?

I go naked but the longer my hair gets the more I realize that's not the look.

Silky satin durag tied loose. If you’re moisturizing your scalp regularly cop a durag or you’ll have to wash your pillow case damn near everyday.

Aight so check it out about that dude Herb or "Mr Outliner". Imma just cliffnote this. He's an old washed up fake clout chasing youtube barber who's trying to get notoriety off how GetBeamed is doing and gets praised right about now but instead Mr. Outliner is trying to finesse people out their money. I've been in all types of barbershops from the dominicans uptown in NYC, to asian homies, to africans to regular black folks in the hoods, suburbs and upper middle class From Htown to NYC. Mr. Outliner hands down was the worst one :lol:

Also Get Beamed treats his customers with respect and you get exactly what you pay for which is A-1 service and barbering along with other barbers I have dealt with.

-Doesn't greet his customers and only uses hand signals for the most part.

-My mans that came in with me said "**** that im not letting this dude cut me". That should tell you enough.

-Half asses his cuts and doesn't communicate anything or listen

-He damn near messed up my taper on what I didnt ask for if I didnt tell him to chill and let me see. His blends are trash too.

-You ask this guy to edge blade after the cut he catches an attitude with you, you tell him to do the beard which you booked for, he catches another attitude.

-All that stuff he does in his youtube videos is all cap. He doesn't do any of that unless your tipping him like $50-$100 dollars or something.

-Luckily I watched him so he didnt push my **** back and kept it natural and I told him too cuz at that point I just wanted to get up outta there. His shop and station are trash too

I'm all about supporting the brothers but this dude will never get bread broken with ever again and many of my other homies who were gonna go said they saw the same things I said in his reviews. Its unfortunate :lol:. Shout out to fam in here that told me to try him in here. Just makes me more confident to stick with my other barbers in the H and out east and never cheat :lol:

Hair and facial hair grew back long enough for me to go back to my normal cut tomorrow....well I might try a high drop fade. I usually get a low drop fade. Also gonna tell dude to keep my OG beard and stache width and not cut my **** like Fabolous chin strap.

Question for y’all...
I’m rocking the curly fro with a fade all around..
Unfortunately my barber went too high on the fade so my joint kinda looks like a mohawk
Should I let the sides and back grow in lower by getting basic tapers? Or do I have to cut all of my hair off and restart?

Question for y’all...
I’m rocking the curly fro with a fade all around..
Unfortunately my barber went too high on the fade so my joint kinda looks like a mohawk
Should I let the sides and back grow in lower by getting basic tapers? Or do I have to cut all of my hair off and restart?

That happened to me unfortunately after my first post quarantine cut after 4 months of hard work!

I personally cut mine all the way off.

I have a round face so that **** looked ridiculous.

I think high fades and Mohawks look good on my strong jawline brethren.

Its all personal preference tbh.

Back
Top Bottom