Black Friday & Holiday Deals 2017 Thread - November 24th

My main haul for this year:
20171124_161857.jpg

Still waiting on my iPad Mini from Best Buy and the Fire Stick I got on a whim. No real "steals" but saved a couple hundred.

So I worked 5:20 to 7 today... was tried as **** and I made sure to get out while I could since I was already an hour and a half late clocking out. Thought about going to Bergners to see if they had anything worth buying, but I doubt their prices would be any better than the average Polo outlet sale so I said **** it and went home.

Surprising, all the stuff I ordered from Amazon yesterday was here. How the **** did that happen?

Also the guy thinking streaming pirated movies is anywhere close to the same quality as a UHD... nevermind I see you just now copped a PS4.

Stupid question, I recall a few pages someone recommending not to get any of the cheap door buster 4k’s since they don’t have hdr. All the ones I’ve seen say they have hdr in the packaging. Am I missing something here?

I think most modern 4k sets will have HDR... but how good is it actually is another question. Just make sure you have so real 4k content to watch, and a way to watch it, and not just Netflix (though it is a really good source for 4k HDR and Dolby Vision content, just keep in mind that since it's streaming that there will be compression compromises).

What are the odds the TCL P series goes on sale anytime soon? Cause if it until next year I'll just get the S405 version that has HDR built in as well. I'm going to take the Sharp back to the store.

Stupid question, I recall a few pages someone recommending not to get any of the cheap door buster 4k’s since they don’t have hdr. All the ones I’ve seen say they have hdr in the packaging. Am I missing something here?

A lot of the door busters don't have HDR built in, you have to check the sets carefully.

I think most modern 4k sets will have HDR... but how good is it actually is another question. Just make sure you have so real 4k content to watch, and a way to watch it, and not just Netflix (though it is a really good source for 4k HDR and Dolby Vision content, just keep in mind that since it's streaming that there will be compression compromises).
I went from an old Vizio to a TCL 4k tv. Huge difference in quality. I'm not the type of dude that really cares about specs, just want a good picture for a good price. It's not like I'm gonna grab a magnifying class to loook at pixels. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom