Black Friday 2k14 1st page for deals you may miss

What kind of deals has Mitchell and Ness had in the past for BF?
http://niketalk.com/t/514274/mitchell-and-ness-sale

[thread="609835"]Quote:[/thread]
Just lazy to get a chromecast........I am only using the tv to play my Wii U on and watch movies when I dont feel like walking to my room.
I've not personally used a smart tv, but last year when I was looking at tv models I looked at serveral reviews of samsung and lg smart tv reviews.
I just to a non-smart tv because I read several reviews about how the smart tv features such as having netflix were very slow.
Several reviews I read stated that they prefered to have a standalone media player connected to their smart tv than to use the smart tv features.
Some smart tv alternatives would be a fire tv stick(amazon's better version of the chromecast), amazon fire tv, or a roku 3.
All those media players are really fast/work great. I've tested the roku 3 and the amazon fire tv.

Keep in mind the smart tv reviews I looked at were last year's models, I've not looked into today's smart tv models.
I think the only reason I wanted a smart tv was because I had the chance to get this tv for $450 after taxes
If you plug in your laptop to your tv using a hdmi cable, you then have a smart tv

Smart TV's are overrated (I have a Samsung Smart TV btw)

I agree. Only pro is you dont have to get up to control anything.

What kind of deals has Mitchell and Ness had in the past for BF?
http://niketalk.com/t/514274/mitchell-and-ness-sale

[thread="609835"]Quote:[/thread]
Just lazy to get a chromecast........I am only using the tv to play my Wii U on and watch movies when I dont feel like walking to my room.
I've not personally used a smart tv, but last year when I was looking at tv models I looked at serveral reviews of samsung and lg smart tv reviews.
I just to a non-smart tv because I read several reviews about how the smart tv features such as having netflix were very slow.
Several reviews I read stated that they prefered to have a standalone media player connected to their smart tv than to use the smart tv features.
Some smart tv alternatives would be a fire tv stick(amazon's better version of the chromecast), amazon fire tv, or a roku 3.
All those media players are really fast/work great. I've tested the roku 3 and the amazon fire tv.

Keep in mind the smart tv reviews I looked at were last year's models, I've not looked into today's smart tv models.
I think the only reason I wanted a smart tv was because I had the chance to get this tv for $450 after taxes
If you plug in your laptop to your tv using a hdmi cable, you then have a smart tv

Smart TV's are overrated (I have a Samsung Smart TV btw)

I agree. Only pro is you dont have to get up to control anything.
Still outdated

I'm in the market for an xbox one. I have an extra PS3 so thinking of trading it in for the extra $100 off.

Question though: Is the Kinect a necessary accessory?

I'm in the market for an xbox one. I have an extra PS3 so thinking of trading it in for the extra $100 off.

take it to Best Buy you get 150 for a working console with a/v cables and controllers.started yesterday up to the fifteenth.

Last edited:
@Suberzat1

While it is "outdated," it still functions better than a stand alone Smart TV.

As a smart tv owner, I was just trying to help you out.

But do you boo-boo. Do. You.

@Suberzat1

While it is "outdated," it still functions better than a stand alone Smart TV.

As a smart tv owner, I was just trying to help you out.

But do you boo-boo. Do. You.
Maybe I only use smart tvs for those random TV shows I watch off network but man plug the TV up with a hdmi cord just seems...... I can be the lone wolf on this it's cool. Smart tvs are just OK but to plug the computer up is na. I rather stream from my phone before I do that.

I know its fine for alot of people and some have no problem with getting up to change what you they want to do. Or just have no interest in streaming just my opinion.

Last edited:
Where were you all back in september when GameStop was doing a $150 traded-in for 360/ps3 toward a ps4? I traded in a ps3, 5 games and a headset and paid $120 out of pocket for my ps4. If I was thinking I should done the same with my 360, doubled up and traded the second ps4 for a xbox one.

Nah not anymore. You can get them without the Kinect.

You can cop an Xbox One right now for $350 from gamestop, so I only assume after the $100 trade in value from the PS3 you'd be walking out a winner.

I'd take advantage of that right now, over waiting for black friday.

The smart tv features don't entice me. Some smart tv features like the netflix app are really slow. That's why i prefer to have a stand alone media player like an xb1 or a roku to stream or to have usb playback. Usb playback is much more reliable than streaming. You don't have to worry about connection dips, buffering, etc.

However i will stream, if it's something quick like a youtube video.

I'd rather have a device that does what i want it to really well, than a device that does it poorly.

Last edited:
The smart tv features don't entice me. Some smart tv features like the netflix app are really slow. That's why i prefer to have a stand alone media player like an xb1 or a roku to stream or to have usb playback. Usb playback is much more reliable than streaming. You don't have to worry about connection dips, buffering, etc.

However i will stream, if it's something quick like a youtube video.

I'd rather have a device that does what i want it to really well, than a device that does it poorly.
Maybe I should have explained myself better.

I don't think I spoke about how unreliable the applications are on my Smart TV are (40 inch Samsung I bought in January of 2014 btw)

Netflix sucks on my Smart TV. When I stream it on either of my laptops it is perfect. I have a Samsung Chromebook, so I just hook that up to the TV and use my other laptop for browsing while watching Netflix. 

Again, I am just trying to share my experience as a consumer to my NT brethren. 

Maybe I should have explained myself better.

I don't think I spoke about how unreliable the applications are on my Smart TV are (40 inch Samsung I bought in January of 2014 btw)

Netflix sucks on my Smart TV. When I stream it on either of my laptops it is perfect. I have a Samsung Chromebook, so I just hook that up to the TV and use my other laptop for browsing while watching Netflix. 

Again, I am just trying to share my experience as a consumer to my NT brethren. 

laptop/desktop + tv combo for the win...

as i explained earlier, I have the laptop hooked up to the projector. I'm thinking about getting a tower + a super cheap laptop/chromebook combo.

those towers are bang for buck, getting a ton of RAM and storage while sacrificing mobility.

But the apps on a smart TV aint eem close to being as smooth as going to the website on a computer.

Back
Top Bottom