Black Culture Discussion Thread

It's always funny when we do stuff like this and act surprised when we get the attention we were practically asking for.

I know, anyone that doesn't find this type of behavior uplifting and liberating is just a self-hating black person.

#Respectabilities

Too many ****** out here dancing and what not looking like fools. This ***** along with many others out here dancing for Tik Tok need their asses whopped. Dudes out here shooting videos out in public just begging for attention. I’m surprised he’s not wearing a bonnet.

Man you don’t need people to uplift you. Uplift yourself. Stop relying on people. You’re responsible for your own happiness/self esteem

Men shouldn’t crave attention anyway. That’s a female trait
I agree, but you need a solid support system to get ahead in life. Bridges aren’t built by one man.

Men being attention seekers ain’t really a new thing though, there’s just more means to share it. Dudes was all in them old 90s camcorder videos wildin out at every Black event. :lol:

Hell, homecoming season is coming up in a few weeks and I already know I’m about to see a bunch of 50 year old men hopping around and barking at women like they lost their got damn minds. This **** is 10x more embarrassing than kids doing TikTok dances

I’ve had this mindset before tik tok/social media.

My father acts just like the men you described. Everyone has preference. Mines is to not be around them type cats :lol:

*I recognize the irony given my SN*

However, I wish more ppl would understand that we don’t need to defend horrible people just because they’re Black. All these comments I’m seeing regarding Diddy with some “well, what about (insert terrible white person)”. The “system” is not taking Diddy down. At the very least he’s a proven woman beater and at worst a rapist and sex trafficker. There’s no need to try to defend that.

*I recognize the irony given my SN*

However, I wish more ppl would understand that we don’t need to defend horrible people just because they’re Black. All these comments I’m seeing regarding Diddy with some “well, what about (insert terrible white person)”. The “system” is not taking Diddy down. At the very least he’s a proven woman beater and at worst a rapist and sex trafficker. There’s no need to try to defend that.

Same thing with Chris Brown, Bill Cosby and a bunch of other people. There are plenty of innocent, progressive people that can use defending. And as you noticed, people out here defending Cee-Lo and R. Kelly :smh:

Same thing with Chris Brown, Bill Cosby and a bunch of other people. There are plenty of innocent, progressive people that can use defending. And as you noticed, people out here defending Cee-Lo and R. Kelly :smh:
The thing that really pisses me off though is this concept the system is trying to “bring the Black man down” yet most of the VICTIMS are also Black.

If somebody sister/cousin/homegirl, whatever got raped and trafficked by some dude they’d be (rightfully) ready to crash out. But because it’s a celebrity and you don’t know the women it’s the system trying to bring em down :rolleyes

I feel this at times. I get what we're up against and they've had like a 4 hundred year head start. But so many of the impactful things done over the years and then we get to certain moments and it just feels like "where is everybody"?

And I'm trying hard not to amplify the dummies and instead boost those who get it, but it just feels like a completely lopsided situation

Back
Top Bottom