Black Culture Discussion Thread

I’m sorry but this should already be in you. Every black person isn’t broken. They need to stop pushing that narrative :lol: :lol: :lol:

You’re right, not every Black person is broken, and we should absolutely reject any narrative that implies otherwise. However, affirmations are not about fixing what’s ‘broken’ but reinforcing strength, resilience, and self-worth. Everyone, regardless of past experiences, can benefit from positive reinforcement, especially when navigating a world that often undermines our value. This is about celebrating our inherent power and ensuring we’re consistently reminded of it, not about assuming a state of brokenness.

Over the past three years, the federal government has invested money in the following places:

• Nearly $4 billion invested in HBCUs through the American Rescue Plan and other COVID relief legislation.
  • $2.6 billion invested from the Department of Education to build institutional capacity at HBCUs. According to the Biden administration, "these efforts support the growth and sustainability of HBCU degree programs; increase and enhance human, technological, and physical infrastructure for research; strengthen positioning to secure direct partnership opportunities; and create sustainable fund development."
  • Over $1.6 billion invested through Federal grants, cooperative agreements, and "other competitive funding opportunities"
  • Almost $950 million to support HBCUs in growing research capacity and related infrastructure
  • Nearly $719 million in grant funding to expand STEM academic capacity and educational programs
  • Over $150 million in federal contracting opportunities awarded to HBCUs, including for research and expansion of STEM education programs at the Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Transportation, Department of Energy, and the U.S. Agency for International Development
  • $1.6 billion in capital finance debt relief for 45 public and private HBCUs
  • Over $2.4 million in Project SERV funds to support HBCUs affected by more than a dozen bomb threats in 2022
  • $2.8 billion in need-based grants and other federal programs, including Pell Grants, Federal Work-Study and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants
  • Nearly $1.3 billion to support veterans attending HBCUs through the GI bill and other college, graduate school, and training programs

Funding to HBCUs dropped from $65 million in 2002 to $45 million in 2019. Between 2015 to 2019, the nation’s 99 HBCUs received $303 million – compared to a combined $5.5 billion given to the eight Ivy League schools in that same period.

So is Gael Monfils not good, are we not counting him or is it some NBA-Skip-to-my-Lou type stuff going on?

It's always funny when we do stuff like this and act surprised when we get the attention we were practically asking for.

I know, anyone that doesn't find this type of behavior uplifting and liberating is just a self-hating black person.

#Respectabilities

It's always funny when we do stuff like this and act surprised when we get the attention we were practically asking for.

I know, anyone that doesn't find this type of behavior uplifting and liberating is just a self-hating black person.

#Respectabilities

Time and a place man, smh

And trust me, it ain’t self hating. F*** what people think. It’s a time and place

Look at the kids dumbass mother in the background egging it on

Last edited:

#Respectabilities

This isn't racist respectability politics, but an example of people using bad faith and illogic to tarnish the legitimacy of actual respectability politics

1000008416.jpg

Back
Top Bottom