Black Culture Discussion Thread

people are dead or in jail cause of words.

Not me 🤷🏿‍♂️

I got a cousin in prison right now because of words. 25 years. No sympathy. He calls every other day and I let it ring.

His daughter is growing up without a father because of him letting “words” have power over him….

He in the can crying and regretting it everyday. Nobody to blame but himself for being weak

Again, if certain WORDS have that much power over you, then you’ve already got deep seeded issues. Sorry not sorry.

I’ve got the gift of gab and quick wit so, my rebuttals are always on point when I return fire.

My moms always raised me that as long as someone doesn’t put their hands on you, you match wits. If they do try and touch you, throw hands.

If the words “b**, h***, thug, gangsta, etc” have THAT much power over you, again, you’ve got deeper issues that you need to address
Sounds like certain words had an effect you. If you don't see that a large part of the black population does in fact have deeper issues, I don't think there are any other words that need to be said.

Everyone doesn't have the same mental fortitude, and mental fortitude is not a skill. You can't teach that ****. So on a GENERAL level, yea, words to have an effect on people, but I get what your saying.

there definitely is a spectrum of compulsive/impulsive to considerate/deliberative that everyone is naturally born on, which is an interesting philosophical issue…that said it definitely can be learned to be less reactive & more contemplative in making decisions in the moment

… what were we doing pre-hip hop, blues and jazz then? :lol: :lol:

As if other culture don’t degrade and demean themselves. She’s wrong

…. But this same culture is also obsessed with wearing weave and makeup. That’s just as sickening

Why do folks CONSTANTLY deflect to what other cultures/groups are doing as a way to excuse the bad actions that WE do?? Folks gotta get off that and learn to accept fault and responsibility for the things WE do.

Also…….”wearing weave and makeup is now just as sickening as degrading and demeaning ourselves”………..LOL. Bless your heart.

On the other end Why do ppl try to make things seem like it’s only us doing something when most of the time it’s not the case? …You can point out a problem without starting off with the usual bs “we/black ppl are the only ones that ….”

Sounds like certain words had an effect you. If you don't see that a large part of the black population does in fact have deeper issues, I don't think there are any other words that need to be said.

You one of them people who think every black person is broken or trauma stricken? :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

Couldn’t be more false. My family loved me. I don’t know about yours.

Every black person/family Is not broken

That “LARGE PART” of the black population gone continue to cry and have this “woe” is me mentality or keep using it as a CRUTCH? If you want your lineage to be insecure forever, that’s on you

finessence finessence

Man you make it seem like folks are just supposed to be immune to all the ills of the world. :lol:

Never said that. But ya’ll speak in ABSOLUTES to much. Of course people handle stuff differently. Some people can handle adversity, some don’t.

Ya’ll act like it’s impossible or that they’re have never been strong black families. Everyone isn’t super sensitive or broken

Why do folks CONSTANTLY deflect to what other cultures/groups are doing as a way to excuse the bad actions that WE do?? Folks gotta get off that and learn to accept fault and responsibility for the things WE do.

Also…….”wearing weave and makeup is now just as sickening as degrading and demeaning ourselves”………..LOL. Bless your heart.

Me having an issue with OUR black women, not wearing their natural hair, but choosing to always desire that straight, European blonde or brown isn’t an issue?

What’s wrong with the ANGELA DAVIS or Diann Ross Afro? You see what I mean?

Same way ol’ girl has an issue with “our” people listening to derogatory words, why can’t I say I prefer the natural look???

How are they different?

D769F6A1-B943-4136-8316-2FBF8F9FCE59.jpeg
C7CD31F6-5A03-4100-9DD8-6B62A3696FC9.jpeg

Everyone doesn't have the same mental fortitude, and mental fortitude is not a skill. You can't teach that ****. So on a GENERAL level, yea, words to have an effect on people, but I get what your saying.

Ask your ancestors that dealt with what they dealt with about “mental fortitude”… those people went through pure HELL. That’s why I don’t sympathize with a lot of people in this day and age. You kind of made my point. Those people dealt with far worse for a good 200+ years and you got some folks out here who fold at the slightest sign of adversity. It’s a cop out. If knowing with your ancestors dealt with and fought for doesn’t give you mental fortitude, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Ask Emmitt Till about mental fortitude. They did that boy DIRTY

On the other end Why do ppl try to make things seem like it’s only us doing something when most of the time it’s not the case? …You can point out a problem without starting off with the usual bs “we/black ppl are the only ones that ….”

While that maybe true in theory…..this thread is titled “Black Culture Discussion Thread” so who cares what other groups are doing unless it’s something positive we can take from what they are doing and implement it for us.

Me having an issue with OUR black women, not wearing their natural hair, but choosing to always desire that straight, European blonde or brown isn’t an issue?

What’s wrong with the ANGELA DAVIS or Diann Ross Afro? You see what I mean?

Same way ol’ girl has an issue with “our” people listening to derogatory words, why can’t I say I prefer the natural look???

How are they different?

D769F6A1-B943-4136-8316-2FBF8F9FCE59.jpeg

That’s cool if the natural or afro look is your preference……but just that’s YOUR preference……while other might have a different one. I wouldn’t call it a sin if a woman wore make up or had weave in her hair………..as long as it’s not a bunch of weave that has her looking ridiculous.

That’s cool if the natural or afro look is your preference……but just that’s YOUR preference……while other might have a different one. I wouldn’t call it a sin if a woman wore make up or had weave in her hair………..as long as it’s not a bunch of weave that has her looking ridiculous.

… and it was that lady’s PREFERENCE about profanity and derogatory words in black music? Plenty genres of black music without that type of wordplay.

You see what I mean?

Nobody is forcing people to listen to that type music. I can literally play THOUSANDS of songs from black musicians that doesn’t include a lyric about b***, thugs, h***, etc

I bet the same people in those comments would call certain type conscious hip hop/or R&B “boring”.

All them people in that comment section probably listen to dudes like Future or Young Thug :lol:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT​

it’s more of reactionary thing, because it’s usually in the context that makes it as tho black folk are particularly dysfunctional, when it’s objectively not the case…which isn’t to say there isn’t nuance for the distinct circumstances of different peoples

it’s more of reactionary thing, because it’s usually in the context that makes it as tho black folk are particularly dysfunctional, when it’s objectively not the case…which isn’t to say there isn’t nuance for the distinct circumstances of different peoples

Some of us were raised that “black is beautiful” And they hate it. I had the type of mother who literally wouldn’t even support white movies in theatre’s. “Nah, I ain’t paying to go see____”

But black movies? We were FRONT and center. My mom’s never raised me to feel inferior to other races. My moms ain’t play that at ALL. I love her for that

WE had the music JAMMING constantly. Parliament, Frankie Beverly, Earth Wind and Fire, Tyrone Davis, Johnnie Taylor, Shalamar, James Brown, etc.

All black American families are not the same.

I’m supposed to be ashamed because my family raised me to be a confident black male, and walk around with my head held high and give direct eye contact? That’ll
Never happen

Mfers be SOOOO black yet some how know what white folks are doing. :lol: You don't get deep enough into the water to know what they do. Thats one thing I learned growing up all over the country. Everyone does everything. Of course it looks like its happening more in the culture you're neck deep in.

Mfers be SOOOO black yet some how know what white folks are doing. :lol: You don't get deep enough into the water to know what they do. Thats one thing I learned growing up all over the country. Everyone does everything. Of course it looks like its happening more in the culture you're neck deep in.

You never studied middle eastern people or white folks? Hispanics? Asian people? Boy you slipping out here.

They study your every move. You damn well better study them too :lol: :lol:

You one of them people who think every black person is broken or trauma stricken? :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

Couldn’t be more false. My family loved me. I don’t know about yours.

Every black person/family Is not broken

That “LARGE PART” of the black population gone continue to cry and have this “woe” is me mentality or keep using it as a CRUTCH? If you want your lineage to be insecure forever, that’s on you
Your arms are too short to box with God so please don't reach like that. No part of my statement said, or implied all black people are broken. A lot of black people have problems = all black people are broken to you :rofl: words

Back
Top Bottom