Black Culture Discussion Thread

I don’t care about customer service. I usually go in, place my order or if I call it in, walk in, announce myself pay for my food and leave.

Again this isn’t a black or white, Spanish, etc problem it’s a PEOPLE problem. People have changed. Society has changed and it’s the honest to God truth. I’ve walked into so many businesses, or stores where the employees are literally glued to their cell phones.

If I was a crook, I could’ve robbed them blind.

We Indirectly support so many companies that don’t care about our business, just want the money. People get worked up about nonsense.

Customer services is declining because humans and their ability to socialize and have proper interactions, are declining.

Yup. No lies told.

Like I said. These people aren’t allies. They never fight for, or want us to receive reparations, etc.

It’s like watching something go down at your neighbors house. I’m gone water my grass and mind my business.

Kevin Samuels shed a tear in heaven seeing this.
J/k the fits and confidence is A1.

Didn't pass the first five mins of that vid-- to each their own, but you can't be attempting to lead or be apart of a liberation movement and your reaction to another oppressed group is "What's that have to do with me"

On top of that, a blanket statement saying that none of the Palestinian folks have stepped up to support our cause is nonsense. Especially around my parts. Imperialism has a direct affect to all of us, the same way that racism also affects all of us

Didn't pass the first five mins of that vid-- to each their own, but you can't be attempting to lead or be apart of a liberation movement and your reaction to another oppressed group is "What's that have to do with me"

On top of that, a blanket statement saying that none of the Palestinian folks have stepped up to support our cause is nonsense. Especially around my parts. Imperialism has a direct affect to all of us, the same way that racism also affects all of us

We are talking about in the STATES. Those folks ain’t clamoring for black to get the reparations we are owed.

The USA gave Japanese prisoners reparations after WW2.

The UN, global powers made SURE Germany paid Jewish people reparations.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself saying others faced the kind of racism that black people faced in America:lol: :lol: :lol:

Boy I tell ya.

If you were hanging off the ledge those people had to choose between you and one of theirs, they’re definitely going to let you fall :lol:

I truly want to understand the point of those bad suit meetups. Is it networking, y’all planning a hostile takeover of K&G, is it an undercover pimp convention? I need answers

We are talking about in the STATES. Those folks ain’t clamoring for black to get the reparations we are owed.

The USA gave Japanese prisoners reparations after WW2.

The UN, global powers made SURE Germany paid Jewish people reparations.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself saying others faced the kind of racism that black people faced in America:lol: :lol: :lol:

Boy I tell ya.

If you were hanging off the ledge those people had to choose between you and one of theirs, they’re definitely going to let you fall :lol:

Gross generalization of the intentions of people that you don't know. I didn't say that they faced the same kind, but that everyone is affected by anti-black racism; even whites

Where are you getting that these folks are against reparations for Black people?

you can't be attempting to lead or be apart of a liberation movement and your reaction to another oppressed group is "What's that have to do with me"

Yesssssss!!!!!

Never understood or agreed with the sentiment that bc we go through our own trials as blk people that we should turn a blind eye when it comes to someone else’s.

Its bs…

So I have no issue with any content being more culturally relevant to the population being taught but I'm not sure I would say it's currently taught in a racist way. But any subject could incorporate more culturally relevant content.

The issue I do have is the part where it talked about "not focusing on the right answer but the theoretical/conceptual."

Well all of that should be focused on. In general, early grades math is already too focused on right answers vs. The actual how/why (reasoning). I see it dealing with 7th graders that whine and complain because we "force them to show work when they already know the answer." So again, that has zero to do with racism. There are just a lot of bad math teachers in elementary schools since elementary schools aren't typically departmentalized by subject. (Teachers teach all subjects)

Black kids need to know there are right and wrong answers in the most objective subject there is. Focus on the concepts but also focus on how the concepts drive the procedure which in turn puts you on the path to getting the RIGHT answer.

Telling our kids anything else is what I WOULD call racist.

WASHED KING WASHED KING edshoecator edshoecator

So I have no issue with any content being more culturally relevant to the population being taught but I'm not sure I would say it's currently taught in a racist way. But any subject could incorporate more culturally relevant content.

The issue I do have is the part where it talked about "not focusing on the right answer but the theoretical/conceptual."

Well all of that should be focused on. In general, early grades math is already too focused on right answers vs. The actual how/why (reasoning). I see it dealing with 7th graders that whine and complain because we "force them to show work when they already know the answer." So again, that has zero to do with racism. There are just a lot of bad math teachers in elementSary schools since elementary schools aren't typically departmentalized by subject. (Teachers teach all subjects)

Black kids need to know there are right and wrong answers in the most objective subject there is. Focus on the concepts but also focus on how the concepts drive the procedure which in turn puts you on the path to getting the RIGHT answer.

Telling our kids anything else is what I WOULD call racist.

WASHED KING WASHED KING edshoecator edshoecator

As a computer science teacher my entire day is spent not only explaining things but trying to force people to think.

Critical thinking as a whole is severely lacking not only in Math but across all subjects and it's not only a black student problem it is an issue that I notice with students of all races. No one wants to think, no one has an attention span.

Some days I get home and I literally have zero desire to think or make any decisions because I have been making decisions for people for 12 hrs. The emphasis on standardized multiple choice assessments is taking away 95% of these students' ability to problem solve.

Back
Top Bottom