Bill Simmons just tore Sheed a new one...

Sheed must be one of the greatest to ever lace them up. Dude got a championship on the first of back-to-back trips to the finals, followed by multiple trips to the conference finals and he's STILL a waste of talent? Sweet Jesus...

Agree with most of the article. Most damning thing is the statistical difference between the big 4 w/Perk and the big 4 w/ Sheed. I've thought about just completely dumping him from the rotation, but he would probably stop showing up and eat even more food. Biggest hope of this team is that Sheed would turn down his player option for the third year, but that is the biggest longshot of all time after the CTC line.

With all that said, I have seen a slight change in the last few weeks. A little bit better defense, less 3's , more postups, and a little more hustle. Still no rebounding, but an improvement is an improvement.

But Simmons has some weird issues that have turned most of the Celtics fan base against him. He never tweets after positive games and said nothing about that game where his mancrush from the Zombies got joke calls. But then went off on the refs when they didn't give Durant that call at the end of the game. He's so into himself that I think he'd prefer that the Thunder won it all this year so that he could talk about how smart he is for backing Durant.

Sheed has been washed up for two years now. Has anyone in Celticland been paying ANY attention? He was never going to save anything...

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Sheed must be one of the greatest to ever lace them up. Dude got a championship on the first of back-to-back trips to the finals, followed by multiple trips to the conference finals and he's STILL a waste of talent? Sweet Jesus...

That's more of a testament to the teams he's played on, not Sheed.

As others have stated, Rasheed has the skillset to be great and he wastes his talent. He thinks everything is about having fun and doesn't want to put in the work. His stats aren't overly impressive  so I have no idea how you think he's one of the best to lace them up and it's pretty obvious you haven't see his games because he tends to coast a lot. Great players don't coast.

Oh Sheed!
laugh.gif

sheed just coasted through his career. had some really good yrs, but you always thought he should have been even better. he was a tough match up, with his outside shot and post moves, but too often, he settled outside and didn't want to do the work inside.

not great, but a solid career. had the talent to be up there with the likes of tim duncan and kg, but didn't do work on a consistent basis

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

He was harsh but I agree on principle with nearly every thing he wrote.

Agreed, though I'm not really feeling the Moss analogy
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

But Simmons has some weird issues that have turned most of the Celtics fan base against him. He never tweets after positive games and said nothing about that game where his mancrush from the Zombies got joke calls. But then went off on the refs when they didn't give Durant that call at the end of the game. He's so into himself that I think he'd prefer that the Thunder won it all this year so that he could talk about how smart he is for backing Durant.

I know right. He's so negative, same with the Sox too.

Still love reading his stuff though.

He's never been afraid to call out Boston teams yet half of the Sports forum labels him as a Boston homer, which really isnt true. He writes about the Celtics more than anything but more often than not, when talking about the current team, its negative.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

He's never been afraid to call out Boston teams yet half of the Sports forum labels him as a Boston homer, which really isnt true. He writes about the Celtics more than anything but more often than not, when talking about the current team, its negative.

He's definitely not calling out the "team". If anything, he's found his scapegoat.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

yeah ok
laugh.gif

The thing thats sad about Sheed is go back n watch him at UNC n he was an unstopable pasionate BEAST of a player where tha hell has that been the case in the NBA?

Yes hes got a more all around game since coming into the League but maybe not since his early Blazers days have we seen Sheed play with pasion night in night out.

Its just such a shame to know wat he coulda been if he even tried a lil bit but tha dudes done careing and goin through the motions now.

I believe he shoulda been equal career wise if not better than Webber he has all the tools and more than CWebb had but just didnt bring it every night like Chris b4 tha knee injury.

Sheed at UNC,Bullets & early Blazer years > last 6 seasons

Peace
Scottie

Been a Sheed fan since UNC and a Pistons fan forever so 2004 was one of my favorite years ever. He dominated defensively and was a perfect fit on that team along side Ben. Larry Brown had him go to the block more than any other coach and  His mechanics are
pimp.gif
 He pretty much blew the 2005 finals all by himself.
mad.gif
 Then it has been all downhill from there. I am rooting for them to come out of the East but
grin.gif

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Even as a Celtics fan:

Celtics into giving him an $18.9 million, three-year deal
laugh.gif
wait, three years? :smh 

OMG,I thought he signed for one year league minimum.

And here I go thinking that Toronto was goofy.
roll.gif

Around this time,next year,sheed is going to be eating a steak dinner on the bench.

...so Bassy had to carry the chrome because of Zach's goonie's,WOW,those Trailblazers teams need there own 30 at 30.

Back
Top Bottom