Bill Simmons announcing Miami Heat vs GSW Warriors game

^ yeah. I'd rather prefer Van Gundy. His voice is just very boring and it seems as if somebody from the crowd was picked at random to announce the game lol

And i agree, I think we're going to see his own show soon

bill simmons

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

I'm telling you guys, something is up at ESPN. First, Simmons has become somewhat of a PTI substitute, and now he's commentating games? I have a feeling we are going to see Simmons on tv on a regular basis soon, it's almost like they're training him.
Dude reupped with ESPN recently when he coulda left and did his own thing. This is all probably in the contract.
He is one of the Leader's most popular personalities.

Plus, he's promoting his book right now-- which was also published by ESPN.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

I'm telling you guys, something is up at ESPN. First, Simmons has become somewhat of a PTI substitute, and now he's commentating games? I have a feeling we are going to see Simmons on tv on a regular basis soon, it's almost like they're training him.
Dude reupped with ESPN recently when he coulda left and did his own thing. This is all probably in the contract.
He is one of the Leader's most popular personalities.

Plus, he's promoting his book right now-- which was also published by ESPN.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Hasn't he routinely beefed with ESPN in the past?
He wasn't really beefing, but he was very vocal about the fact that his contract was up this year. Going #1 on the NYT list gave him a ton of leverage. He'd wanted to do PTI for a long time and always joked about how he doesn't look good on TV (which is true, he's kind of awkward), but he definitely wanted some air time. Tonight is more of a promotional thing (he needs more time to talk, like on the BS Report), but he's going to be a regular sub for PTI moving forward.

He wasn't really beefing, but he was very vocal about the fact that his contract was up this year. Going #1 on the NYT list gave him a ton of leverage. He'd wanted to do PTI for a long time and always joked about how he doesn't look good on TV (which is true, he's kind of awkward), but he definitely wanted some air time. Tonight is more of a promotional thing (he needs more time to talk, like on the BS Report), but he's going to be a regular sub for PTI moving forward.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

nah he had problems with them last year. they yanked one of his articles and some other nonsense. problems with his editor.

nah he had problems with them last year. they yanked one of his articles and some other nonsense. problems with his editor.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

I heard he wanted to make fun some of his associates at ESPN but his editor wasn't having it. I kinda wish he left and did his own thing, wrote another book about ESPN a la Jose Canseco.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

I heard he wanted to make fun some of his associates at ESPN but his editor wasn't having it. I kinda wish he left and did his own thing, wrote another book about ESPN a la Jose Canseco.

I never cared for him.

Clearly knowledgeable and I enjoy some of his writing, but he's far too pompous and full of himself so I never read him regularly. I can see why a lot of people like him though, I personally dislike him.

I REALLY dislike seeing him on tv, I find his voice to be annoying and he doesn't have a good on-air personality yet. Hopefully this isn't a common thing and he sticks to online.

I never cared for him.

Clearly knowledgeable and I enjoy some of his writing, but he's far too pompous and full of himself so I never read him regularly. I can see why a lot of people like him though, I personally dislike him.

I REALLY dislike seeing him on tv, I find his voice to be annoying and he doesn't have a good on-air personality yet. Hopefully this isn't a common thing and he sticks to online.

Yep he needs to stay off TV. It's kinda like listening to DJs or radio talk show hosts and you always picture them a certain way when you hear them on the radio but when you finally see what they really look like, it's nothing like you expected

Yep he needs to stay off TV. It's kinda like listening to DJs or radio talk show hosts and you always picture them a certain way when you hear them on the radio but when you finally see what they really look like, it's nothing like you expected

Back
Top Bottom